Associated RC8e Rally

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Associated RC8e Rally

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 10:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Interested in seeing how it turns out. Keep us posted.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Oh yes, i will
Old 12-06-2010, 04:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Time for a little update here!

I got the tires and motor in the mail today, and i guess the rims will arrive tomorrow. Have also cut out the wheelarches today, pretty much finished but a bit of fine trimming is left on them, and some masking of the windows and lights as i might be putting LED's in them later on.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

You have your body mounts figured out?
Old 12-07-2010, 04:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

No, but i guess i have to think about it soon! They should have been done before the paint goes on. Thinking about using the wing mount on the rear for the base of body mounts. On the front i will have to invent something strange
Old 12-07-2010, 06:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Lars in Norway
No, but i guess i have to think about it soon! They should have been done before the paint goes on. Thinking about using the wing mount on the rear for the base of body mounts. On the front i will have to invent something strange
An easy body mount design would be to use the SC8 towers and body mounts. The rear may require a longer mount post. You would replace those nice blue aluminum towers unfortunatly but it would be the easiest way to mount the body. Xtreme RC Racing has Carbon Fiber/Graphite SC8 towers if you want to upgrade from the stock 4mm black aluminum SC8 towers.

This is a great thread Lars. I have often wanted to do what you are doing. Many people in the US that like WRC have mounted the same body to a Slash or other SCT vehicle. I think the RC8 would be much more fun!!!

Good luck.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thank you!

I got a tip about this earlier but i ditched it and found out i am just making my own, i have done this on almost all of my cars and always succeeded

I am just going to put some angled aluminium profile on the front shock towers and run the bolts for the shocks through it, and at the rear it looks like i can use the "lower" part of the wing mount and mount something similar on it. I think i will order this bodypost-kit and use it. If i had my lathe here now i would have just made some bodyposts myself

I absolutely thought of putting this body on my Rustler (with Slash-wheelbase) but it has this huge angle -or kick up- on the front that the wheelbase differs with 20 mm when compressing the springs. That is why i chose the AE for this purpose, with its very close dimensions to the specs of the body

I really like this car and its build up, it is very heavy, sturdy and well constructed. The previous owner told me it is like a tank and can handle anything you throw at it! And i do beleive him in that
Old 12-07-2010, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

This thread really caught my eye.
I had a RC8e I converted to an RCBe. I bashed it hardcore and It never failed me. Never has it been disabled. It got to the point I felt like I could just be reckless with it.

I sold it recently... and it worked perfect, nothing bent or broken. The only thing I noticed yours has was intigy. Parts... I was going to put the intigy diff cases on butt after I saw first had the softness of their aluminum I decided against it. Looks like yours held up well so far.

Keep us posted too I look forward to seeing them posted pics!

Last edited by DriftWoof; 12-07-2010 at 01:37 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Nice to hear it catch some interest

Yeah, i was not too exited about the Integy parts when i saw them, but i will give them a try and see how they are holding up. I have heard when being used on other cars they have held up, but that is the only part from Integy i have heard this about. Time will show The previous owner has bashed them really hard, and they have held up well.

I will of course keep you posted! Didn't got the rims today, so i hope for them tomorrow.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

subscribed. Very interested in the final product.

ben
Old 12-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thank you Ben I will update here as soon as there is something new.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

And here is something new! Well, i guess you expected this.

Today the rims arrived! I think they look very cool, and will suit the rest of the car very well. Seems very strong aswell!

Two pics of from when i was preparing the wheelarch cutout.
Attached Thumbnails Associated RC8e Rally-hpim2277.jpg   Associated RC8e Rally-hpim2278.jpg   Associated RC8e Rally-hpim2279.jpg   Associated RC8e Rally-hpim2281.jpg   Associated RC8e Rally-hpim2283.jpg  

Old 12-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

And two more
Attached Thumbnails Associated RC8e Rally-hpim2284.jpg   Associated RC8e Rally-hpim2286.jpg  
Old 12-08-2010, 02:50 PM
Tech Addict

Deeper grooves than mine has now

Morten
Old 12-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Nice to hear

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.