Wiki Posts
Search

Just bought an E-Revo 1/16 roller

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 11:15 AM
Tech Adept

Default Just bought an E-Revo 1/16 roller

Hey guys,

I've just purchased an E-Revo 1/16 roller, and I have a few questions about what I wish to do with it.

I need to buy a motor/esc combo for it. I didn't get the Velineon system with it because I want something better, and a motor with higher kv.

I'm not really sure which combo to go for, there are a few good options, particularly from Castle Creations and Mtronics. I'd like to get a motor in the 6000-7000kv range, and a waterproof esc as I plan to be running in the wet.

There is also the option of the Tenbol mount, but I think a 540 motor will be too much for it, and the C of G will be too high to be drivable.

I also need to get some lipo's. I will be running two 3s lipo's in parallel, but I don't know what the dimensions of the battery tray is. So if anyone knows them, please share so that I can do some research.

I think that's about all the questions, many thanks for any help given!
Old 11-28-2010, 02:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

www.spcracing.com for the batteries...
Old 11-28-2010, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff hughes
www.spcracing.com for the batteries...
+1 I have their 2s and 3s for my Mini Slash and they fit perfectly
Old 11-28-2010, 03:53 PM
Tech Adept

I will probably get lipo's from Hobbyking as their Turnigy's are very cheap. Do you know the dimensions of the battery tray?
Old 11-29-2010, 08:33 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

These are the 3Ss I run in mine. This is about the limit of the batt compartment, lipo can't be much bigger as this is tight on the height and width. Maybe could be a few more mm on length.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=9167

If you bought HK lipos before you know size will vary from the dimensions they show. A bud of mine bought these and his fit with no probs. I bought same lipos and I had to cut ~0.5 in of the rear of the batt door to get it latched. I get well over 30min run time with a pr of 1600s in parallel.