Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MBX6 conversion - gear suggestions...

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 03:40 AM
Tech Adept

Ok, guys, the new steps:

I have decided to test an Hobbywing 2250 motor + I have bought 2 Turnigy 4S - 5000 Mah - 30/40C batteries in Hobbyking DE Warehouse + Castle Creations external 10A Bec + Micro Spektrum receiver.
Now it's a matter of cables order/installing :-) (sorry for my English!)

Important: if you want to use an Elite Rc motor mount on a MBX6 you MUST use Hot Bodies VE8 pinions or Losi ones...you need "short shank" pinions to have you central spur perfectly aligned with you pinion!!!
Old 12-20-2010, 01:39 PM
Tech Adept

Hi guys I'd like that you could see my new steps to know which are your thoughts about the work-in-progress...just let me know please!!!:

http://picasaweb.google.com/evo1981/WORKINPROGRESS#
Old 12-29-2010, 02:32 PM
Tech Adept

I found the solution on how to use the Mamba Max on the rear side of the motor.
I realized an "elastic" platform made of carbon fiber + nitro fuel tubing put on the screws that fixes the platform to the chassis + the ESC will stay in place by using some elastics that are tensioned by 4 screws fixed on the carbon platform...just look at the last photos in my gallery:

http://picasaweb.google.com/evo1981/...27409192293378

Would like to know what are you thougths about my mods guys!!
Old 12-29-2010, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

The only thing I'm scared for is that the screws will pop out of the chasis when you land jumps. It wil jump slam back and hook up in the carpet if you drive on astroturf. I would use a foampadding between the esc and the plate.

Btw, didn't you order a tekno V4 kit? I tought I read that on rc monster. Mine arrived today and I have to say that it's very high quality stuff!
Old 12-29-2010, 03:05 PM
Tech Adept

I'll use some neoprene between the esc and the carbon platform ;-)

The V4 stuff will come on mid Genuary :-)

Do you like my solutions at all??
Old 12-29-2010, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

It seems like you have a very lightweight buggy! Too bad of the carbon fiber mudsguards There are awesome but you can use them on the Tekno :-(

I really like that body! It's awesome
Old 12-29-2010, 03:24 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks mate!!
Old 12-29-2010, 09:16 PM
Tech Addict

Yep I use the Hotbodies and/or Robinson Racing. Robinson last longer than HB but a tad more $$$.

this is the servo saver that clamps on to the servo and wont brake like the plastic ones. http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Hard-Anodized

Your Conversion looks cool. Don't know if you really need alum servo saver and carbon fiber mud guards but they look cool.

Your car looks too clean. Get that sucker on the track and run the shiit out of it. All this focus on component placement pails in comparison to getting your car tuned and your skills up. So get out there have fun!
Old 12-30-2010, 12:26 AM
Tech Adept

Yeah Jason, thanks for suggestions :-) You also have to consider Novak pinions, I tried to reduce them in lenght using a lathe and I had the chanche to understand how though are them...really!

Only another one week mate and I'll bring it into the dirt to have some fun!!!
Old 12-30-2010, 04:47 PM
Tech Addict

Yes, I like Novak pinions durability but only use them when I used to run the RC monster mounts.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:56 AM
Tech Adept

I think I'll bring my Novak pinions to someone to get it shorten to fit the Elite Rc motor mount!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 01:39 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guys, I'll take some pictures about my news on this week-end. Meanwhile just enjoy my latest "enlightments":

As you can notice the Mamba Max Pro esc will stay on the rearside of the motor (there's 1cm gap between the 2 components) an will lay on a carbon elastic platform system made by myself..

Meanwhile I have bought a "digital 5kg. kitchen scale" (really don't know if that is the right way to define it), then I have put my buggy on it and it's 3,049 Kg. without the tires and with 4000Mah Nanotech 40/90c batteries, or 3,149Kg. with heavier 5000Mah turnigy 30/40c batteries; is that a good weight??

Just post me you weights telling me which stuff are you actually using on board..
Old 01-07-2011, 02:09 AM
hd
Tech Initiate

Hello hello !

Great job immarcescibile !!!

If you have an adress for your carbon side-guards, I'll take it with pleasure. My MBX-6 carbon chassis wait them for too long ......

Buona giornata from france !

Hd
Old 01-07-2011, 03:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by immarcescibile
Hi guys, I'll take some pictures about my news on this week-end. Meanwhile just enjoy my latest "enlightments":

As you can notice the Mamba Max Pro esc will stay on the rearside of the motor (there's 1cm gap between the 2 components) an will lay on a carbon elastic platform system made by myself..

Meanwhile I have bought a "digital 5kg. kitchen scale" (really don't know if that is the right way to define it), then I have put my buggy on it and it's 3,049 Kg. without the tires and with 4000Mah Nanotech 40/90c batteries, or 3,149Kg. with heavier 5000Mah turnigy 30/40c batteries; is that a good weight??

Just post me you weights telling me which stuff are you actually using on board..
Are those weights without body?
My Tekno V4 buggy weights 3161g with body and 4S 40C 5000mah turnigy lipo. This is without any light weight parts.

The V4 without body, lipo, wheels weights 2530g (with alumium rearhubs)
Old 01-08-2011, 05:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hd
Hello hello !

Great job immarcescibile !!!

If you have an adress for your carbon side-guards, I'll take it with pleasure. My MBX-6 carbon chassis wait them for too long ......

Buona giornata from france !

Hd
You can find them on planetracing.it :-) please post me some photos of your carbon chassis!

@morgoth: on this evening I'll report you my weights with various parts installed ok??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.