Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyper 10SC Bump Edition 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by CR0SS
I do not have any problems with the ESC getting covered in dirt being behind the motor. The handling benefits of not having the ESC way up in the air out weigh it getting covered with a little dirt anyways.
I honestly doubt at all that if me and you were to get in a race, exact same truck, exact same setup, I just had my ESC mounted on top, I hardly doubt that you'd be leaving me or me be struggling with handling.

I run my MMP on top and the truck runs GREAT! It doesn't feel like it has a high COG. Most important thing is just to make sure the wires and more down low as that is the heavy thing. If their is ANY kind of handling difference then it is so minor that it'd be impossible to tell in off road.

If anything I really don't want to run my ESC directly behind the motor because I really don't want two things that can heat up directly next to each other as that is just adding heat.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 179 (99%+)

Does anyone know if an aftermarket makes a Aluminum Steering knuckle for this truck?

First night out a friend of mine broke stock plastic in practice.

Does anyone know if Jammin Arms will fit? ( to use the OFNA CNC Aluminum Jammin knuckles )
Old 12-31-2010, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twigman08
I honestly doubt at all that if me and you were to get in a race, exact same truck, exact same setup, I just had my ESC mounted on top, I hardly doubt that you'd be leaving me or me be struggling with handling.

I run my MMP on top and the truck runs GREAT! It doesn't feel like it has a high COG. Most important thing is just to make sure the wires and more down low as that is the heavy thing. If their is ANY kind of handling difference then it is so minor that it'd be impossible to tell in off road.

If anything I really don't want to run my ESC directly behind the motor because I really don't want two things that can heat up directly next to each other as that is just adding heat.

To each his own. I just like knowing when I am tuning that if I am getting to much bite in the corner and the truck is rolling to much that my CoG is as low as it can get so it eliminates one possible thing to try changing.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Bump 2.0

Here is my setup for my hyper SC10. Indoor, you don't get much dirt on ESC. Just have a big brush to help clean.

Last edited by bighurt98; 03-16-2017 at 06:13 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 179 (99%+)

Originally Posted by ffpm46
Does anyone know if an aftermarket makes a Aluminum Steering knuckle for this truck?

First night out a friend of mine broke stock plastic in practice.

Does anyone know if Jammin Arms will fit? ( to use the OFNA CNC Aluminum Jammin knuckles )

Any one?
Old 02-03-2011, 11:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Tired of waiting on AE... And I really like the bump 2.0 in the RC car action story in the January issue.

I have not run a 550 motor before and wonder if anyone can tell me why I should or should not. I was thinking of ordering the combo with the Novak Havok 4.5 system. It's a little more than just getting the truck and the CC sidewinder SC system separately, and I wonder if getting the 550 can Novak is worth it or if dialing in a 540 sized system like the CC would net me more run time and equal performance with 2s lipos.

I guess the bottom line is, does this truck benefit from the 550 Novak motor? or can the same performance be obtained with an alternate system?

Any other suggestions for motor/ESC combos would be greatly appreciated.

My truck is for racing, not bashing, and I want to build it to last and be competitive.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

sorry if this is written somewhere, just read like 50 pages, and i think i missed it on the other "non 2.0" 10sc forums.

what are you folks using for an esc mount to mount it behind the motor. i see its 50/50 on mounting it behind, or on top. with the weight of the truck, i can't see if mounting it on top would be THAT much of a problem...

(new 10SC owner, prolly tons of questions, but I'll start with this first..)

Old 06-05-2011, 12:45 AM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=RCMits;9210588]sorry if this is written somewhere, just read like 50 pages, and i think i missed it on the other "non 2.0" 10sc forums.

what are you folks using for an esc mount to mount it behind the motor. i see its 50/50 on mounting it behind, or on top. with the weight of the truck, i can't see if mounting it on top would be THAT much of a problem...

(new 10SC owner, prolly tons of questions, but I'll start with this first..)

[/QUOTE
I put it on an extra piece of plastic in the rear of the car.