Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TEKIN RS VS LRP SXX V2 What's your VOTE! >

TEKIN RS VS LRP SXX V2 What's your VOTE!

TEKIN RS VS LRP SXX V2 What's your VOTE!

Old 11-18-2010, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default TEKIN RS VS LRP SXX V2 What's your VOTE!

Who likes what and why? Whatever I decide will go into a B4.1 and SC10 FT
Old 11-18-2010, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

No brainer... Tekin RS.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I run a Tekin RS.... this speedo does everything from mod to full on stock racing.

The SXX seems to be a mod only speedo...
Old 11-18-2010, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

LRP. I have 3 Tekin Rs/RsPros and the feel/responsiveness doesn't come close to the LRP. It feels 10x more direct and connected than the Tekins. If you're running mod, go LRP.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
LRP. I have 3 Tekin Rs/RsPros and the feel/responsiveness doesn't come close to the LRP. It feels 10x more direct and connected than the Tekins. If you're running mod, go LRP.
And you can adjust the feel with the Tekin...

besides, Tekin you can adjust every parameter with the touch of a button or get on your computer and look at everything!

Cant do that with the LURP
Old 11-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

What's more exciting Stock or Mod? I'm coming from 1/8 buggy/Truggy nitro and consider myself a smooth consistent driver.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Mod if you are a smooth and consistent driver
Old 11-18-2010, 04:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I recently bought a Tekin RS and I'm happy with it in a 13.5 2wd buggy. The fact that the firmware can be updated is great. I tried to find out of the LRP has that also, but I can't find any info on it even on their own website.

The only negative with the RS is that if you enjoy tweaking the software then you need a laptop or have a friend at the track with one.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rysuleod
I recently bought a Tekin RS and I'm happy with it in a 13.5 2wd buggy. The fact that the firmware can be updated is great. I tried to find out of the LRP has that also, but I can't find any info on it even on their own website.

The only negative with the RS is that if you enjoy tweaking the software then you need a laptop or have a friend at the track with one.
I am fortunate to have a laptop so I could take it to the track.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

I cant speak for the LRP, as I have not tried the newer model. But, I am very happy with my Tekin esc's. adjustability, FREE software updates-thats prob the biggest-I have owned one for over two years, and its still like new, with the latest software.. cant really beat that...dont have to go out and buy a new speedo--.tire:
Old 11-18-2010, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Sometime all that adjustability can go wrong as most people do not know how or what to change....

I have always loved the smoothness and responsiveness of the LRP ESC's. Great feel to them. I tried the RS Pro when it first came out and it just felt dead so I junked it for a SXX and loved it. I just got back into 10th scale this fall and I got a sweet deal on a RS Pro, so I thought I would give them another shot. The newest 212 software has closed the gap quite a bit. I still think the LRP's stock software is better (for mod at least), but I am still learning to tweak the new Tekin software....Personally I run Mod and just like to turn it on and go. The Tekin programming to me is a bit of a hassle. Some things I just don't need/want to know. I just want to run!
Old 11-18-2010, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by johnnyboy
Sometime all that adjustability can go wrong as most people do not know how or what to change....

I have always loved the smoothness and responsiveness of the LRP ESC's. Great feel to them. I tried the RS Pro when it first came out and it just felt dead so I junked it for a SXX and loved it. I just got back into 10th scale this fall and I got a sweet deal on a RS Pro, so I thought I would give them another shot. The newest 212 software has closed the gap quite a bit. I still think the LRP's stock software is better (for mod at least), but I am still learning to tweak the new Tekin software....Personally I run Mod and just like to turn it on and go. The Tekin programming to me is a bit of a hassle. Some things I just don't need/want to know. I just want to run!
I just want to run too.. So your saying the LRP is more "plug and play"?
Old 11-18-2010, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Basically yes.

I don't really care about adjusting deadband, minimum throttle, minimum brake, boost, turbo what rpm it kicks in, current limiter etc etc or learning why I need to adjust them. Maybe it is too much for my simple brain! I'd rather focus on learning the track layout, tire and suspension set up...lol

Again I run Mod. I hear for any kind of stock racing the Tekin in the way to go.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by johnnyboy
Basically yes.

I don't really care about adjusting deadband, minimum throttle, minimum brake, boost, turbo what rpm it kicks in, current limiter etc etc or learning why I need to adjust them. Maybe it is too much for my simple brain! I'd rather focus on learning the track layout, tire and suspension set up...lol

Again I run Mod. I hear for any kind of stock racing the Tekin in the way to go.
So maybe I will get the LRP in a 8.5 and a Tekin in a 17.5 and run one stock and one mod.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

I also here the LRP has FREE software updates too..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.