Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Ofna Hyper 7 BL conversion >

Ofna Hyper 7 BL conversion

Ofna Hyper 7 BL conversion

Old 11-14-2010, 01:31 PM
JJH
Tech Rookie

Default Ofna Hyper 7 BL conversion

I'm posting this again because the previous thread seems to have disappeared. I have been out of the hobby for at least 5 years and decided to come back to my rc cars. I have a hyper 7 pro and when i went to start the buggy, the engine was seized. I started doing research here and noticed how big bl and lipos have become, so i decided to convert my buggy instead of buying a new nitro engine. The old nitro engine never seemed to hold a tune and was just a general PITA to race.

I went to the lhs and was recommended the MMM and 2200kv motor. the owner of the lhs runs bl 1/8 buggies, so he was a great help. I bought the rc monster motor mount and a hyper 9e battery tray, drilled a couple holes, relocated the radio box and voila, an e-hyper 7 pro.

I haven't had a chance to go to the track, so i have only used the buggy outside my house on the grass/pavement. I also downloaded a speedometer app for my phone and stuck it inside the buggy to make some speed runs. According to the GPS, i hit 29 mph on a 3s lipo and 38 mph on a 4s lipo. This was with a 13t pinion and 46t spur.

Let me know what you guys think!
Attached Thumbnails Ofna Hyper 7 BL conversion-img_0365.jpg   Ofna Hyper 7 BL conversion-img_0366.jpg   Ofna Hyper 7 BL conversion-img_0367.jpg   Ofna Hyper 7 BL conversion-img_0368.jpg