Community
Wiki Posts
Search

can i use velcro?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 09:03 AM
Tech Adept

Default can i use velcro?

can i use velcro to hold my electronics into a ST? i hate the 2 sided sevro tape and i need to beable to switch between 2 cars fast!
Old 07-15-2004, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

It just depends on whether its strong enough. Velcro glue is pretty strong so it should work, it just might be kind of sloppy because it jiggles around. Not servo though, you need the precise steering.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:38 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I would recommend stopping by target and getting the translucent velcro they sell. Its really heavy duty and comes in strips. never had anything fly off while using that.

Honesty though, I preferred just getting spare electronics. mainly the ESC, receiver, and servo. Switching motors isn't that bad.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I used velcro for years. It works, as long as you use good velcro. I got the heavy duty industrial stuff from Home Depot. I stopped using it when I started running Onroad. It just couldn't handle the impact of the high speed crashes (none of witch were my fault )
Old 07-15-2004, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yup been using velcro for years. In some cases I think it has helped save my electronics in extremely hard hits (hard enough to break a chassis). It alllow the componants to have a little bit of slack which reduces the g-forces felt by the electroincs. Don't use it on servos. receivers and ESC's work well with it. I don't really reccomend it for receiver packs though because of the danger of a nitro car on the loose when it loses its receiver pack. I use the industrial grade velcro and I cover the entire bottom of the receiver or ESC. It is good stuff for people like me who don't own electronics for every car. Quick and easy changes.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:25 AM
Tech Adept

yah, i need to beable to change my ESC and rx fast between my T3 and TC3. the TC3 already uses velcro so if i can use it on the T3 it is great!
Old 07-15-2004, 11:31 AM
Tech Adept

i have velco that i bought a Canadain Tire and it is for use in cars to hold radios and other things like phones, floor mats, other uses it holds up really good in my TC3 after several kill crashes (not smack the wall crashes, but end over end 10 times into a chain link fence at about 25 mph.

think it will be good enough?
Old 07-15-2004, 02:54 PM
Tech Adept

Wow Velcro sounds like a good alternative electronics mount to me, I think ill go to target or home depot and pick some up!!!
Old 07-15-2004, 08:28 PM
Tech Adept

well it is finsished i tested it it worked good, really good.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:30 PM
Tech Adept

Cool, I am making a trip to target to pick some up TM