R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   can i use velcro? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/45192-can-i-use-velcro.html)

AE Basher 07-15-2004 09:03 AM

can i use velcro?

can i use velcro to hold my electronics into a ST? i hate the 2 sided sevro tape and i need to beable to switch between 2 cars fast!

edseb 07-15-2004 09:17 AM

It just depends on whether its strong enough. Velcro glue is pretty strong so it should work, it just might be kind of sloppy because it jiggles around. Not servo though, you need the precise steering.

Cain 07-15-2004 09:38 AM

I would recommend stopping by target and getting the translucent velcro they sell. Its really heavy duty and comes in strips. never had anything fly off while using that.

Honesty though, I preferred just getting spare electronics. mainly the ESC, receiver, and servo. Switching motors isn't that bad.

Twiztid Rock 07-15-2004 09:48 AM

I used velcro for years. It works, as long as you use good velcro. I got the heavy duty industrial stuff from Home Depot. I stopped using it when I started running Onroad. It just couldn't handle the impact of the high speed crashes (none of witch were my fault;) )

kufman 07-15-2004 10:36 AM

Yup been using velcro for years. In some cases I think it has helped save my electronics in extremely hard hits (hard enough to break a chassis). It alllow the componants to have a little bit of slack which reduces the g-forces felt by the electroincs. Don't use it on servos. receivers and ESC's work well with it. I don't really reccomend it for receiver packs though because of the danger of a nitro car on the loose when it loses its receiver pack. I use the industrial grade velcro and I cover the entire bottom of the receiver or ESC. It is good stuff for people like me who don't own electronics for every car. Quick and easy changes.

AE Basher 07-15-2004 11:25 AM

yah, i need to beable to change my ESC and rx fast between my T3 and TC3. the TC3 already uses velcro so if i can use it on the T3 it is great!

AE Basher 07-15-2004 11:31 AM

i have velco that i bought a Canadain Tire and it is for use in cars to hold radios and other things like phones, floor mats, other uses it holds up really good in my TC3 after several kill crashes (not smack the wall crashes, but end over end 10 times into a chain link fence at about 25 mph.

think it will be good enough?

DemonLosi 07-15-2004 02:54 PM

Wow Velcro sounds like a good alternative electronics mount to me, I think ill go to target or home depot and pick some up!!!:nod:

AE Basher 07-15-2004 08:28 PM

well it is finsished i tested it it worked good, really good.

DemonLosi 07-15-2004 09:30 PM

Cool, I am making a trip to target to pick some up TM