Community
Wiki Posts
Search

beadlock/tires for ERBE

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 12:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Default beadlock/tires for ERBE

I have been having a hell of a time with my rear tires. It seems every time I finish driving (not even a full cycle) my tires come un-glued. I am highly considering getting beadlocks and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions/experience with this issue. Any websites having good prices are welcome too. I'm looking to get a tire with real small knobs (believe for a groomed track) for the beadlocks. Being new to the whole RC thing and esp tire/beadlock am open for anyone's knowledge.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What type of buggy or truck are you running? Typically, only the crawlers run real beadlock wheels. Beadlocks don't seem to work very well on faster vehicles. With proper cleaning and gluing, tires shouldn't come off.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

demo, first question is...what kind of glue are you using?
Old 11-09-2010, 04:48 PM
Tech Initiate

I have an ERBE (e-revo brushless edition). They are factory tires/rims but when needing touch up I have been using the product my local hobby store recommended - rubber toughened IC-2000 Cyanoacrylate 20-45 sec tire glue. I was considering the Maximizer Beadlocks as I've seen others with revos use them and possibly get ProLine bow-tie 40 series or ProLine Badlands 3.2 tires. Any suggestions...I'm not looking to have something necessarily for racing but rather a well versatile tire for occasional pavement, grass, dirt.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

That glue is absolutely awful, in ThunderbirdJunkie's experience. Get the insta-cure stuff. Thin CA is best CA.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Tech Regular

and also pre glued tires also dont have a real good glue job on them
Old 11-09-2010, 05:12 PM
Tech Initiate

I thought the fact of them being factory glued might not be the best. BI heard the insta-cure stuff-thin CA- is bad b/c it's very brittle and not flexible like this stuff is?? That's what I was told at least.

Any experience or recommendations/suggestions regarding the rims and tires I'm considering?
Old 11-09-2010, 05:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

3.2 Maximizers and Proline Mashers is what I used on my ERBE. I never had a lick of trouble with the tire popping out of the bead like some of my friends did with Axial brand beadlocks. Mashers held up pretty well on concrete / asphalt as well. That setup gets my vote and hopefully it helps you out!
Old 11-10-2010, 08:46 PM
Tech Initiate

so it seems like I have been trying to find something that doesn't exist...or if it does I can't locate it. Do they make a 3,8" beadlock rim? I'm trying to locate such rim to accommodate 3 sets of tires -- ProLine Road Rage, Proline Bow-Tie 40 series & ProLine Big Joes. I was also curious to know if anyone has had any experience with Big Joes and if so, what might you recommend in it's place for a good off-road tire...I'm personally not a fan of the Mashers. If 3.8" beadlocks are not available then I will go with 3.2" maximizer beadlocks with ProLine Bad Lands and try to locate a good dirt tire.

ANY & ALL suggestions/input is appreciated!!!!