Wiki Posts
Search

DIY 1/10 Truggy?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 06:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default DIY 1/10 Truggy?

The Hyper 10TT has me GASing hard for a 1/10 truggy, and until I have the funds/find a car in stock, I was wondering if anybody had ever tried converting a 4wd buggy to a truggy. I mean, that's really what it is anyway, right? A 4wd buggy with truck tires...?

My main concern with doing this is if simply putting truck tires on my mr4bc would be as wide as the 10TT. Anybody else try this before?
Old 11-04-2010, 09:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I had 2 Yok MR-4BX and I started plans to make a truggy out of one of them. The biggest problem I ran into was how to extend the chassis AND the drivetrain. The chassis would be easy, the bigger problem is how to extend the drivetrain without having to build a bunch of custom stuff. I was searching for a source for a longer belt, but I gave up before I found one.

The Yoke would have been fairly easy otherwise. Associated rear arms would bolt in pretty easy with minimal grinding, the T4 CVD would fit the Yoke diff. The shocks woudl be something to figure out, but probably not too hard.

The front end would go together similar to the rear, but you would probably have to extend the Yoke universals, and work out a wheel combo with correct spacing.

I had too much other stuff going to to start the project, but I bet it could be done. I think a shaft car would be easier.