Community
Wiki Posts
Search

battery and charger

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Default battery and charger

i have some quetions on what type of batt.. and charger i should purchase. getting a team associated rc10b4.1 brushless. please keep in mind this is for my son a twelve year old. was thinking a lipo battery for longer run times. but that is me assuming. dont have any knowledge on batt.. and chargers. any help would be great thanks in advance
Old 10-29-2010, 05:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

You can get an inexpensive all around charger like a Thunder AC6 charger that can charge both NiMh and lipo. I'd want to supervise as long as lipo was involved until I got comfortable there wasn't going to be any probs. Lipo if charged on the wrong mode and be a safety hazard. Charger -

http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html

Maybe some reading about lipo and how they're used, cared for and etc -

http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/rc-lipo-batteries.html
Old 10-30-2010, 09:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kazanimo
i have some quetions on what type of batt.. and charger i should purchase. getting a team associated rc10b4.1 brushless. please keep in mind this is for my son a twelve year old. was thinking a lipo battery for longer run times. but that is me assuming. dont have any knowledge on batt.. and chargers. any help would be great thanks in advance
I'm in the same situation. After reading through a few forums here, take a look at LiFE batteries. Faster than NiMH, safer than LiPO, longer lasting than LiPO.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10310

Just a thought. I need a new charger too, this Thunder is recommended in a few places.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default thunder ac6 charger

DO NOT USE FACTORY WALL PLUG CHARGERs I had a friend of mine who is an electrical engineer put some meter on it and when it was suppose to stop charging it didnt
I bought the ac6 for about 50.00 this thing charges all my RC batts including a 10 yr old 9.6 it comes with just about every cable you can think of its ac or dc and the safety features cant be beat
I have read alot of bad about lipos, however any battery that is not charged\discharged or taken care of properly can blow.Get a good charger dont scimp here with good safety features,read everything you can on youtube
be safe
Russ