Search

opinions or help

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default opinions or help

ok in the section i ment it for this time

im looking to jump back into things and looking for some brushless help, when i raced before i was totally new to nitro and off road. well im clueless for brushless and lipo stuff to. a good friend has a monster rc converted rc8t FT in nice shape,fresh set of city blocks, mamba monster esc , two lipos
the 1st is a 5s battery , Hyperion 4350mAh 25C ,and a 4s NeuEnergy 5000mAh 30C . now i really dont know anything about these number besides the 5s is more voltage right?

i would need a radio,servo,and a charger and motor.

what size/rating motor is a good idea? whats the normal battery size most of you are using ? are the batteries hes got raceable or to small or what? lol

i can pick this up for 350, which i think is a good deal
thanks alot for any help

its also has all the nitro stuff which honestly would be alot more easy for me to get back into things with. and i fugured it up to be about $100 cheaper if i went nitro again.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Al.. This is Cody. My opinion is to stay nitro. I gave the electric stuff a shot, but wasn't really for me.
Also if u wanna do electric something or another, the indoor onroad carpet track at actions new location seems to be taking off pretty good. 1/12th and 18r I think are the most popular classes.

This is the new site where most louisiana peeps have been keeping up to date on racing and what not: http://laracer.proboards.com/index.cgi
Old 10-27-2010, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

what up man. yeah ive been over there but that forum is sloooow lol thats actaully were this post came from. i was forsure considering buying the truck and selling the BL conversion,lipos and mamba esc. and just going nitro lol. im also looking at getting a 18r... the 12th scale is nice but is there a onsite true'er for tires? i live like 5min away but havent been up there. i figured it was going to slow down inside once they off road got up to swing again. and i really miss my truggy lol
Old 10-28-2010, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

hmm well looks like i guess ill be converting it back to nitro ? lol
Old 10-28-2010, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Yes I am pretty sure there is a truer on site, but I think most are running the pre-cut crc foams.

As for me, off-road, Im sticking with nitro
Old 10-29-2010, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

anyone have any offerings? lol from what ive been reading , the people who are running the bigger nicer batteries arent even able to run 100% anyway.