Wiki Posts
Search

B4 or B4.1??? identifiers please ????

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 11:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
yeh the side profile was enuff to convince me that its a b4 instantly. the shocks are the tell.

apparently the seller didnt know what he was talkin bout w/all the versions. its likely a FT B4. or at least a b4 brought up to FT specification.

u'll be fine runnin the car and updating as you please. or if u really come to like the class and u put a season on it, then this car can become ur backup/spares car when u go out and buy a true 4.1 . simply b/c i wouldnt pay 100bux for just the shocks to update. best of luck, may u serve the car better than the previous owner. make sure those front shock bodies are in good shape. they are the old revision (light color), the darken 'ano' look stuff were the later coatings (think u have that in rear). run it out and perhaps these days u can pick up the old shock parts for a song. but dont buy all the 4.1 crud for it. only thing from 4.1 i'd buy for that car is the v2 slipper set (discs and spring). cheap and effective.

R
Thanks for the input.