R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   RC10 GT Good or Bad? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/44615-rc10-gt-good-bad.html)

Smoke21 07-07-2004 10:32 PM

RC10 GT Good or Bad?

I am going to get an offroad nitro car and I was wondering is the RC10 GT a good car? I have been into RC for 3 years now and I don't need a beginner car or an advanced car just a great basher with the potential to race should I want to upgrade.

Ybakoff 07-07-2004 11:32 PM

Good truck.

Better than the Mugen. They are heavy and harder to make handle.
Havent driven the Losi, so can't comment.

I had a rc10gt and it was a great truck. Easy to get on the pace, and easy to drive fast.

I'm sure that other's will agree,

Cain 07-08-2004 04:51 AM

From what I can tell the truck can compete with the losi quite well in the hands of a capable driver.

the only thing to consider is that I think this time AE is going to have a new GT soon with the T4 suspension.

If it was me, I may wait, if not, it would probably be a toss up. Both look great, though the losi looks like it has alittle more new technology ( if you can call it that ) on it than the GT.

One other great thing about the GT is that if you want parts to make it tougher, RPM makes an insane amount of stuff for it.

gardencityrc 07-10-2004 01:07 PM

The RC10GT is a much easier truck to drive than the Losi. The design is much cleaner so wrenching on it is a breeze. With all of the parts that RPM and Robinson Racing make for it, you can make a bomb-proof GT. The Losi truck breaks too easily, especially the rear pivot block and it's a major pain to replace it. Trinity makes an aluminum block, but that's another 30 bucks you have to shell out for the truck right away. Get the GT, AE RULES!!!

Ybakoff 07-10-2004 01:31 PM

I found my Rc10Gt FT easy to get on the pace. I didn't break to much on it either.

More Luck than anything.

You can't go wrong with a FT GT.

threeEwes 07-10-2004 02:16 PM

Still cant beat a GT! If you dont believe me
ask Jerod Tebo!

Scott Fisher 07-11-2004 02:50 AM

After owning both, I would also tell you to get a GT..... The new GT is still a ways off.

rushdude 07-11-2004 05:54 PM

I have driven both. I liked the losi better so that is what I bought. The losi seems to handle better. The gt is easier to work on so thats a plus. My xxx-nt doesn't break alot. I only broke the rear pivot block once and it isn't hard to change. I only break differential maybe once a month but that is only because I have an engine with 1.3 hp and 43,000 rpm. If you get the rtr gt it comes with a horrible radio that you would probably have to replace. Both cars have their pros and cons. Either one is a good choice though.

x-cell, GT10 07-11-2004 06:05 PM

Newbie to the sport

Hi im new to the sport of racing these things (but not to thrashing them) and i also was wondering if it was a good truck.:confused: My dad (savage im just a kid) got a car a little over a year ago i think and now has 7. I have had an x-cell since christmas and have thrashed it about. I just started takin t to the track and practicing. My dad bought me a RC10Gt the other day and already bought me some titanium turnbuckles and RPM ball cups. I really want to race so any feedback would b Great. :nod:

LosiFromHell986 07-11-2004 06:11 PM

I'm a losi guy, first of all....

Guy up the street has the XXXNT Drake edition and the FTGT, and in both of them, he runs Novarossi .12's (I think...) and the GT breaks less than the Drake, but not much. The NT has much more power to the wheels... maybe it's just me... but the GT seems sluggish... old technology IMHO...

I'd wait for some sort of updated GT to come out if I were you...

Scott Fisher 07-11-2004 06:20 PM

I would not use the RPM ballcups on the GT. The extra thickness binds on the front suspension when you turn the wheels hard and move the a-arms. Use the stock ballcups, and the standard lunsford or blue titanium turnbuckles. Use eyelets in the back one the rear bulkhead. The ballcup there tends to pop off a lot. The weak spot(s) on this truck are: Use a Trinity (global makes a good copy) trans brace. You want a trans brace that has six screw mounting holes in it. This helps a lot to prevent stipping gears. Use a little super glue when you put the screws in that hold the rear a-arm mounts. Check them often as they tend to come loose. You can usually retighten/reglue once and the next time they come loose, change the mount. Othen than that, I would get an RPM receiver box and that is about it. The FTGT is pretty darn fast and very reliable out of the box.

Trans is very good, but if you drive on very high bite tracks and or drive strapped, you may strip idler gears. If you find this to be a problem (most people do not, but some do in the above described scenarios) then you might look at a Robinson idler. Start with the stock one.

Evan 07-11-2004 06:46 PM

I bought a Duratrax Nitro Evader ST and it came with a plastic 60t spur gear and i need a steel gear that has maybe a few teeth difference
PLEASE HELP

This thing can do a wheelie down my driveway!

AE Basher 07-11-2004 09:00 PM

Originally posted by Evan
I bought a Duratrax Nitro Evader ST and it came with a plastic 60t spur gear and i need a steel gear that has maybe a few teeth difference
PLEASE HELP

This thing can do a wheelie down my driveway!

so can my T3, not a big deal. any 32 pitch ear will work on the Evader.

the GT is a great truck fast but i am an electric guy so i have to say that the T3 or T4 is faster (around a track yes in 150 feet maybe not.) i have never driven the mugen but very one i know says it is weak. the losi is a much better RTR even though IMO it is not a beter truck, it is a better RTR because it comes with a much better radio and electronics. the GT kicks @$$ once you upgade the electonics (if you go RTR). just hit the gas and you know it is faster go around a corner see it roll perfectly (roll center) lots of front traction with a GT, the back is up too some nice tires. Losi makes good tires.

all IMHO.

nutfluff 07-12-2004 12:58 PM

Originally posted by threeEwes
Still cant beat a GT! If you dont believe me
ask Jerod Tebo!

Also ask Jared how many custom mods are on that thing. When you buy a GT it's not even close to what Jared is running....

:nod:

Smoke21 07-12-2004 11:25 PM

Well, my friend bought the MGT with the stock XP3 radio and that performs well so I think it should be ok, I am planning on upgrading it though I have an MX-3 so I can get ahold of another reciever.