R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-21-2010, 08:17 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 51
Default Why does Proline not offer there 1/10th scale line of tires in M4 compound?

I know they have M4 compound for SC vehicles but why not 1/10th buggy and truck tires too?
ttboyy2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:01 AM   #2
Tech Master
 
hyperguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,246
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

if the feedback and the need and want is great enuff im sure they will make it
hyperguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:04 AM   #3
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bulverde, Texas
Posts: 714
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Considering that 1/10 mod truck and buggy class are in the toilet, .... I am also sure that if the demand was there they would get some M4 compounds out for them vehicle's.
__________________
Ultima SC / Tekin RS / Murfdog 13.5
SCRT10 / kinetic 2s / 6.5 HV
Tekno SC8e Project
Team Terribles
gottabaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:16 AM   #4
Super Moderator
 
racer1812's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RIP 'Chopper', 4/18/13 miss you bud:(
Posts: 14,739
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottabaja View Post
Considering that 1/10 mod truck and buggy class are in the toilet, .... I am also sure that if the demand was there they would get some M4 compounds out for them vehicle's.
Mod truck is down due to SC taking over but Mod buggy is still the F1 class of off-road RC and I still see it being a big class at a lot of tracks..
__________________
Stand for the flag, kneel for the fallen.

Thank you to all of our service men and women!

racer1812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:36 AM   #5
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bulverde, Texas
Posts: 714
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
Mod truck is down due to SC taking over but Mod buggy is still the F1 class of off-road RC and I still see it being a big class at a lot of tracks..


Maybe indoor Mod buggy, but Outdoor. I rarely see a full heat w/ either one. Usually they run together, that's just at the Track's I have been to. Short Course has saved alot of Hobby Stores, Track's , ..... beside's the fact that it finally got alot basher's to a Track since short course has alot of what basher's like.. Bumping, smashing, crashing without all the complaining of the usuall 1/10 buggy race's.

Even most of the industry agree's that Short Course has revived the RC industry just in time. Otherwise it going to be a sad time in the RC Racing scene.

I only run in SC classes and only use electric because of SC, otherwise I am a
Large Scale Junkie. ......
__________________
Ultima SC / Tekin RS / Murfdog 13.5
SCRT10 / kinetic 2s / 6.5 HV
Tekno SC8e Project
Team Terribles
gottabaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:07 AM   #6
Tech Fanatic
 
nrtv20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Northwest Ohio
Posts: 879
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I would guess that they dont make the M4 compound is due to the MC compound.
__________________
http://www.trautengineering.com/ http://www.toledooneeighthracers.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/nrtv20
One Eigth Racers of Toledo; Hobby Stop West Track; "The Gate" NORCAR
FUTABA 2.4G FASST, Spec-R S1, Speed Passion SP-1, Sakura D3 FWD, Kyosho Evolva M3, Team Losi XX-4, Caster EX1.5R, HPI Wheelie King Crawler, Quanum Aquaholic, Joysway Wildcat
nrtv20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 04:23 PM   #7
Tech Elite
 
-WHEELMAN-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Redlands, California
Posts: 4,506
Trader Rating: 266 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrtv20 View Post
I would guess that they dont make the M4 compound is due to the MC compound.
__________________
BRETT T. RICHARDS = SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS, LOCAL TRACKS AND HOBBY SHOPS OR THEY COULD ALL BE GONE ONE DAY!
-WHEELMAN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 04:36 PM   #8
Tech Regular
 
FACTORYBUTNOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 307
Default

Tried the M4 Holeshots and M4 Bowties on my SC10...not so good...

Tires are so soft the pins don't seem to grip the dirt...feel slimy...
__________________
TEAM ASSOCIATED | REEDY | LRP | XP DIGITAL | PROLINE | AVID | MIP | RC1 PAINTS | TRU-RC
FACTORYBUTNOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 04:39 PM   #9
Tech Elite
 
kman16jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tampa,Fl.
Posts: 4,005
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

They are not produced because we don't need them,most of the time we run 10th scale indoors and try to reduce our traction,not gain it.
__________________
Kevin Welfley
AE rc8b3-AE rc8b3e-AE b64d-AE b6d-AE b6
Sponsors:|DDHrc|Team Trinity|Jconcepts|Rc Adiction Products|NitroPro Fuel|M2c racing|Ultimate racing engines|Highest servos|Bellgate Distibutors|
kman16jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 04:43 PM   #10
Tech Champion
 
XXXDad's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida USA
Posts: 6,009
Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)
Default

FLORIDA WE RUN ALL YEAR AROUND.... M4 WOULD BE NICE.....
I'L TAKE CLOSED CELL FOAMS... THANK YOU!
__________________
☆ Glenn Carlson ☆☆ WPB, Florida☆

☆TLR 22B 3.0 MM ☆ 22T 2.0 MM ☆22B 2.0 MM ☆22-4 ☆ SCTE 2.0☆ ☆
XXXDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:02 PM   #11
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,054
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

ya but even here in florida when would an M4 be any good??? we would just burn through them in less than a qualifier

I can think of only 1 situation but even then an M3 is just fine

early morning 1st qualifier as moisture is coming out of the track is the only time i can think that you would really want it.
__________________
Leon McIntosh
PRO-LINE--XRAY--RCAmerica--FX Engines--NitroPro Fuel--Kustom R/C Graphics--Schelle Racing

******* DialedSetups.com ****** Check it out!!!!!
punkracer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:43 PM   #12
Super Moderator
 
racer1812's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RIP 'Chopper', 4/18/13 miss you bud:(
Posts: 14,739
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottabaja View Post
Maybe indoor Mod buggy, but Outdoor. I rarely see a full heat w/ either one. Usually they run together, that's just at the Track's I have been to. Short Course has saved alot of Hobby Stores, Track's , ..... beside's the fact that it finally got alot basher's to a Track since short course has alot of what basher's like.. Bumping, smashing, crashing without all the complaining of the usuall 1/10 buggy race's.

Even most of the industry agree's that Short Course has revived the RC industry just in time. Otherwise it going to be a sad time in the RC Racing scene.

I only run in SC classes and only use electric because of SC, otherwise I am a
Large Scale Junkie. ......
I'll agree with that. 1/8th scale dominates the summer months, SC's are still out in numbers at the 1/8th scale tracks because everybody (almost) has one. IMO 1/10th scale truck and buggy suck on a 1/8th scale track that's why nobody runs them. It's REALLY hard to find a 1/10th scale outdoor track anymore.
__________________
Stand for the flag, kneel for the fallen.

Thank you to all of our service men and women!

racer1812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:47 AM   #13
Super Moderator
 
tmail55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Sunny Florida!!!!!
Posts: 3,276
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Have a set of Caliber M4 and I like the M3 better BUT :-) I haven't raced them on a blue groove surface OR a red clay track here in FL.

SC10 13.5 motor

===

Caliber M4 on the rear do work better on my SC-GT2.
__________________
Rev. Terrance / Team HOLY Rollers / R/C Tech > R/C Racers 4 Christ
Petit RC / RC WISH / RCTen.com #WeAreAE
I believe the word of God for what it says, not what people want it to say!
RC10GT2-E, SC5M, RC10T2, Spec-R S2, FX10
tmail55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:22 AM   #14
Tech Fanatic
 
SNIPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: TX
Posts: 857
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

This is very true... Our local outdoor track just now built next to our 1/8 track a 1/10 track. Should be up and running next season in March/April. No one wants to run their 1/10 on 1/8 scale. I am so excited for next season!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
I'll agree with that. 1/8th scale dominates the summer months, SC's are still out in numbers at the 1/8th scale tracks because everybody (almost) has one. IMO 1/10th scale truck and buggy suck on a 1/8th scale track that's why nobody runs them. It's REALLY hard to find a 1/10th scale outdoor track anymore.
__________________
thevinylgarage.com - facebook.com/TheVinylGarage - facebook.com/THETrack806

Not Sponsored by:
Viper | Tekin | Trinity | Serpent | Durango | Gravity RC | Pro-Line | Radiopost
SNIPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:42 AM   #15
Tech Master
 
kaiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: new milford ct
Posts: 1,688
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman16jr View Post
They are not produced because we don't need them,most of the time we run 10th scale indoors and try to reduce our traction,not gain it.
+1
kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:11 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net