Wiki Posts
Search

Whats the best 2wd buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 08:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default Whats the best 2wd buggy?

Our track is rough and slick, has medium bite but it is slippery no matter if it is swept clean or just wet it and run pins. So with that being said, how are the newer designed cars (x-factor, schumacher) compared to the losi and AE on these rutted up loose tracks?
Old 10-18-2010, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

I run the x-factory,our track conditions are similar and this thing has crazy forward bite really impressed and the info and help on the thread is great.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:02 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I don't think there is a buggy on the market as tunable, and as amazingly engineered, as the Schumacher Cougar. This car can be tuned to run on any kind of track. Not only does it have your normal tuning features, but you can change your internal gear ratio, diff height, 6 or more chassis stiffness settings, and you can run the rear shocks on the front or the back of the rear arm to either dial out steering with more stability (rear), or more twitch combined with more steering.(front). I have fond the car very stable and easy to drive, but turns like a twitchy car, making it the best of both worlds between "easy to drive", and "fast". Not only that, but it has the largest, smoothest, easiest to build, and longest lasting shocks I have ever seen in RC.

You really need to check out one in person.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Or you could a search...

Everyone will have their own opinions. And just like in every other one of these threads...

Go to your local track. See who is racing what, who is winning, parts support

Those make the best "car" at a track
Old 10-18-2010, 12:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

OK at our track we had 9 AE and one kyosho and 2 losi's last weekend, and i am one of the losi's having an old bk2. I was just going to get a new car since mine is getting old and needs some attention, my first thought is to get a new losi since I have all losi cars and I am very happy with them, but I'm not against trying something new if its that much better. But looking at race results from across the country, the same 2 (AE and Losi) are still filling the A-main so i'm leaning toward just getting another Losi and having my old car as a parts car, but wanted to here some feedback on how the other cars compare to the US cars on the US tracks?
Old 10-18-2010, 12:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

The BK2 is a really good buggy and just as competitive as the rest . If you just want a new car and like the BK2 you will love the XXX-CR .
Old 10-18-2010, 12:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Check out the TQ Racing SX10. It has more grip than my losi had. Most of our guys switched from the associated, and we all believe it is the best buggy out there with a few of the upgrades like big bore shocks. I switched by choice, not just because I'm sponsored by them.

Check out the threads from the other manufacturers. You may see problems with the other cars, and guys always looking for set up help. This may mean something.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

my personally have owned and raced losi, kyosho and ae...but i always end back up with ae...i loved the feel of the kyosho just not the durability, i liked the losi if it was a high bite track other than that i didnt like the steering, and ae...i love the durability, the aggressivness in the steering and how hard i could drive it...ive tried the x-factory and it felt really good..just didnt like not having a good parts supply...at the time