Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Durango verses Durga which is better? Are light buggys old technology? >

Durango verses Durga which is better? Are light buggys old technology?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Durango verses Durga which is better? Are light buggys old technology?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

I knew what you meant, I had a xx4. Car was fast, but just way too fragile. I haven't broken anything on the Rango. And it is "stuck" to the track! Truly a work of art!
Old 10-23-2010, 05:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rfleck
I knew what you meant, I had a xx4. Car was fast, but just way too fragile. I haven't broken anything on the Rango. And it is "stuck" to the track! Truly a work of art!
It's a tuff to chose. The Durango is best all round for sure. Would be nice to have both though. Can have a Db01r and trf201 for the price of one Dex410. The difference in performance is never going to translate in my hands anyway. A durga will do our new spec class better possibly.(17.5 turn brushless).... I might toss A coin.

HEADS ITS A DURGA.....TALES IT IS.
Its a Durango! I am going to miss all that plasic. are well Durga is next. Thanks everyone.

PS Oh man how good that feels. I think I am going to make all my desisions that way.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

and whose fault is it that the big teams didn't show up ? that's right,it was the big teams...they chose not to go so don't diminish the results
Old 10-23-2010, 07:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by thefnshow
and whose fault is it that the big teams didn't show up ? that's right,it was the big teams...they chose not to go so don't diminish the results
It does really though. Tamiya won the in Europe.

Maybe the Durango is one big engineering F/U and work around and yet it turned out to be a masterpiece. Below is a hint

" The Durango prototype car was very extreme in every way. To convert it into a production car, that was affordable, usable for the average racer and easy to maintain was very complicated. I had thousands of problems to solve. If I solved one problem, the next problem came. Horrible! But after solving all problems " all of them?

"There are some people who think the high-rotating mass is bad for acceleration. I say, the high-rotating mass is good for acceleration!

I cant help thinking thats the novelty,quality and the reliability of this buggy may bias peoples beliefs of it's abilitys even if just a little. Perhaps the true masterpiece will be the dex510. Or some new company that was inspired by it.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1967rs
There are 3 Durangos running at our local track, so far they have not done well. TQ has a 4 wheeler that is doing very well here and the hotbodies D4 and b44s all seam to work better here the the durango.
I'm one of the 3 that's running a durango and having issues.

I think once I get my servo saver issue fixed with aluminum parts this thing will do well.

It's very numble, jumps well and is super dialed.

The heavy driveline gives the car awesome control in the air. I can nose up or nose down about 90% with no issue.

I'm yet to finish more than 2 heats, though.