Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problems with HB one piece motor mount?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 03:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Problems with HB one piece motor mount?

Hey everyone i got the hb one piece motor mount to make it easier to mesh then the standard one. But i still cannot seem to get a mesh, it seems if its to tight it has a bit of bind in one spot and if i have it to loose it will rattle and will probly strip them if i have it to loose.

Any help? i thought this one piece mount would make it easier to mesh, it seems its worse then the standard one

thanks
Old 10-14-2010, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

The one piece mount is actually more of a pain to adjust mesh than the stock mount. Make sure you are using a small washer on the motor mount screws or every time you tighten them down it will change the mesh. Also a 2.5mm ball end hex driver makes it easier.

Also it sounds like your spur gear is not running true if it's tight in one spot. It should have the same mesh all around as you turn the spur.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Seems like you have a lot of problems others don't have.

You need to adjust the mesh so there is a tiny bit of space between the gears, not tight but not loose. This is true regardless of the motor mount used. A good trick is to use a piece of writing paper inbetween the pinion and spur when you tighten the motor screws.

BTW: I never had any difficulties adjusting the mesh with the original mount. I switched to a Tekno because of chassis failure, stress cracking in the middle.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AreCee

You need to adjust the mesh so there is a tiny bit of space between the gears, not tight but not loose. This is true regardless of the motor mount used. A good trick is to use a piece of writing paper inbetween the pinion and spur when you tighten the motor screws.

BTW: I never had any difficulties adjusting the mesh with the original mount. I switched to a Tekno because of chassis failure, stress cracking in the middle.
I agree......probably should have posted this in the ve8 thread as well to get more responses.....are you using HB pinions?...if not that could be the problem.....I have used the HB 19-23 pinions and not had one single issue with mesh...the one piece mount actually makes the car a little quieter.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:16 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HotBodiesVe8Boy
Hey everyone i got the hb one piece motor mount to make it easier to mesh then the standard one. But i still cannot seem to get a mesh, it seems if its to tight it has a bit of bind in one spot and if i have it to loose it will rattle and will probly strip them if i have it to loose.

Any help? i thought this one piece mount would make it easier to mesh, it seems its worse then the standard one

thanks
The one piece motor mount is a pain to adjust, especially with bigger pinions, but I have never had a problem with gear mesh. The HB pinions mesh very well, so I would stick with them. The best way to adjust it is to take the whole assembly, diff and motor mount, out and adjust it apart from the buggy.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

+1

(motor mount, shocks, HHH chassis, where to post, & much more.)
Old 10-14-2010, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

KREDOW IN DA HOUSE...

IN FOR KILL

BOOM HEADSHOT..

YOU BEEEN KREDOW'D.

Ve8boy.. I suggest you go buy that carbon fiber chassis you keep posting about then sell all your other RC Stuff. You will then have the perfect RC car for your application.