Wiki Posts
Search

Novak Kinetic Competition

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 06:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShortCourseOnly
The Tekin has the smallest footprint out there. I run the Kinetic and it has been fantastic. It has more features than the Tekin and the Castle ESCs. Critical features to me are Current limiting, Dynamic Timing, and Throttle curves. The Novalink is easy to use and has hints built in. The Novak Kinetic is lighter too.

Novak or Nothing!
Originally Posted by samuelsonmark71
Pretty sure that the Tekin with Hotwire has at least as many functions if not more, since it is one of the most sought after ESCs out there

If novak could have the technology to make the Kinetic the same size as Tekin I`d have one to try . Until then Tekin all the way !
Old 10-12-2010, 06:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by samuelsonmark71
Pretty sure that the Tekin with Hotwire has at least as many functions if not more, since it is one of the most sought after ESCs out there
Tekin doesn't have throttle and brake curves. It clearly has dynamic timing and current limiting which are the two most important features. I personally like changing the throttle curve in the ESC and not just relying on the EXPO feature in the radio.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This is my first real ESC and I'm using a 13.5 Ballistic, I put it in my T4 running mod class. First thing I noticed was that it felt really smooth. At the track I didn't do any adjustments on the ESC untill the second qual then I started to use the cool functions like the timing. This thing really came alive! I really like how I can adjust when the timing system to where it kicks in!
Old 10-12-2010, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

Yeah this thing is as good as tekin now.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShortCourseOnly
Tekin doesn't have throttle and brake curves. It clearly has dynamic timing and current limiting which are the two most important features. I personally like changing the throttle curve in the ESC and not just relying on the EXPO feature in the radio.
*Looks at Hotwire* It actually does have throttle curves and such, not so sure on the brake curve, but I can dial that into my radio
Old 10-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

this is all good thanks you

i think i will order both the novak and a tekin to fine out what i like.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

I love Novak stuff but have seen a high rate of failures from the Novak Kinetic units that the local track sells at its store. I have a box full of GTBs and although they work flawlessly, a Speed Passion or Tekin with advance and boost will make a much slower motor as fast. A for example, a Tekin RS with a 13.5 can easily outperform a GTB with any 10.5. In fact I run a fancy ESC with a 17.5 motor in a class that allows for a 10.5 and have no trouble keeping up. I'm a little soft on punch but have all the speed that I can use. Its weird. The new technology works through the sensors so somehow less is more. I have 3 of the Speed Passion ESCs and have never had a a Tekin equiped car/truck rocket away from me...only better drivers have been able to pull away. Speed/power is never an issue. That being said, I just bought a Tekin RS to try it out so I will let everyone know eventually.

Anyway from personal experience I would steer away from the Novak Kinetic until they improve its reliability some more. The concensus is to buy a Tekin....I can also recommend the Speed Passion stuff too.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just make sure whatever you buy is legal in whatever class you're running. Tekin, with all it's software updates, is having trouble being/staying legal in ROAR "Sportsman" class.

May not matter in the backyard or at the club level, especially if you're racing wallets/checkbooks, but at organized events.....it matters.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

hi again

it looks like i will keep the gtb for a back up i found a deal on tekin rs pro so i pick it up.... i sent my mamba max pro for the sensor plug again and if the overtime picks up i will get novak kinetic, i have alway good luck with novak

i have seen havok 3s problem from alot of people alast year. so this is why i asked the question
Old 10-15-2010, 05:04 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by BLbound
I'm wondering the same...I usually see LRP or Tekin esc's...haven't seen anyone run a Novak in a while...is there a reason for that?
Our new racing controllers (Kinetic 1S, Kinetic 2S, Havoc Pro SC) and our NovaLink were first shipped late July-August.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:07 AM
Tech Elite

hi

your indoor carpet offroad last weekend 2 of the race had the kinetic speed control in truck both burnt up after one night i still have the gtb but not sure how long it last 4 years on this one which is good just

i just order the tekin rs 10.5
Old 11-09-2010, 04:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

You will like the Tekin !
Old 11-09-2010, 08:50 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by gone banana
hi

your indoor carpet offroad last weekend 2 of the race had the kinetic speed control in truck both burnt up after one night i still have the gtb but not sure how long it last 4 years on this one which is good just

i just order the tekin rs 10.5
And, we will replace them for theses customers at no charge if these Kinetics are defective.

Assuming that escs burn up because the controller, itself, is defective is misleading because esc problems are just as likely caused by defective batteries, servos, soldering or bad connectors. Just about everything that can go awry in your electronic set-up will show up as a controller problem.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

well if you get 2 kinetic from madison wi. let me know what happen i know they been racing for 8 year with gtb

we all know that novak stand behind there work at novak

i had a havco pro last year and had problem with it i sent in to fix them sold it ebay to get another gtb

i`m not here to bash i just want some to put with little problem i just suck when stuff die and have send it in and miss racing for three weeks for the turn around
Old 11-09-2010, 09:24 AM
Company Representative

We understand how frustrating down time is for racers! This is why we maintain a fast turn-around time for customer service. These new-gen escs (from all mfgs) introduce timing complexities that can create many additional issues unknown with our GTBs.

I think that unless a racer really has the patience and comprehension to study and understand all of the potential of DTA controllers, he should stick with a GTB. Unless these timing escs are adjusted and used correctly advanced timing can ruin motors and create costly damage.

Originally Posted by gone banana
well if you get 2 kinetic from madison wi. let me know what happen i know they been racing for 8 year with gtb

we all know that novak stand behind there work at novak

i had a havco pro last year and had problem with it i sent in to fix them sold it ebay to get another gtb

i`m not here to bash i just want some to put with little problem i just suck when stuff die and have send it in and miss racing for three weeks for the turn around

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.