Wiki Posts
Search

Driving ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Driving ?

Driving a SC truck, how can I stay low and not over jump. Is there any setup and technique to it.I have a Blitz Tekin rs 17.5 and a SCRT/Novak Thanks

Last edited by shoe; 10-05-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Example of the jump? Don't hit it at full throttle. In some cases it might even be faster to actually just roll over the top of the jump.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Jumping is all throttle control. Take the jumps with only enough speed to smoothly downside the landing, rather than casing the jump/bottoming out. You lose a lot of speed that way. Practice giving it just enough throttle to get over the jump and then brake towards the peak of the jump, to get the nose of the truck to come down and meet the landing. If you have trouble getting the nose to come down, you can add some weight to the front of the truck (it helps give you a little more steering too).
Old 10-05-2010, 12:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kdeselms
Jumping is all throttle control. Take the jumps with only enough speed to smoothly downside the landing, rather than casing the jump/bottoming out. You lose a lot of speed that way. Practice giving it just enough throttle to get over the jump and then brake towards the peak of the jump, to get the nose of the truck to come down and meet the landing. If you have trouble getting the nose to come down, you can add some weight to the front of the truck (it helps give you a little more steering too).
What about using drag brake.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:59 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by shoe
What about using drag brake.
Could cause the car to nose dive ..... you would need alot of drag brake though. I can't imagine you run it that high.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gottabaja
Could cause the car to nose dive ..... you would need alot of drag brake though. I can't imagine you run it that high.
I had about 8% drag brake in my 4x4 SCT and it dove hard.

I wouldn't use any imo
Old 10-05-2010, 01:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you attack the jump faster and use it to scrub speed it will generally be lower. Some people will put holes in the body to get it to fall faster...
Old 10-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Drusillus
I had about 8% drag brake in my 4x4 SCT and it dove hard.

I wouldn't use any imo
In a 4wd it would be more noticeable for sure, ...... in a Blitz thats a different story. I have my drag brake on 10% all the time plus a little on the push side to help it enter the corner/jump ....
Old 10-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by gottabaja
In a 4wd it would be more noticeable for sure, ...... in a Blitz thats a different story. I have my drag brake on 10% all the time plus a little on the push side to help it enter the corner/jump ....
what is a drag brake?
Old 10-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

i was trying to figure that out too and what i could come up with is i think its when you let off the throttle it slow down for you without using the brakes
Old 10-05-2010, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Drag brake is a setting in the esc that applies brakes at neutral. It gets its name from nitro linkage setups that are setup to drag the brake pads on the brake disk when not touching the trigger.

Motor brakes is when you slowly release the trigger the car slows down. You should be able to scrub anything with motor brakes alone...just slow down before the face and then barely tap when you hit the face to keep the nose up and natural.

You can also use lighter springs or heavier oil to control how your suspension works. If you feel like a bunny rabbit "boinging" over the jumps then go up 5 with your shock oil. Also, if your shocks are leaking you'll have no dampening at all... essentially running around on bouncy springs only.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Jumping

Little more to jumping then throttle control. Where you launch ie which angle relative to the face of the jump. Also, turning your wheels in the air offers gyro affect. This will draw your front end down and position your truck for landings. Fastest landings are positioning what is next on the track.

Preloaded your suspension prior to the jump. Let off throttle allowing you suspension to unload then blip the throttle.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

Practice practice practice. Try different things and learn by doing it.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

its alllll timing !!!!! like when we use to race moto, time the jumps. jump long, then short, then get the feeling for the middle. i guess ill give you some of my esc set ups hahaha i run ZERO drag brake. if the shocks and everything is set up right, the truck will arc, making a smooth transition.

now with 4wd, still ZERO drag brake. but you can play with your speed. "bubba scrubbin" can be done. you know the section at the cam track in the middle, the double that jumps onto the sweeper? practice it over that. the jump is kind of turning to your right, so piviot the truck in that direction. turn the truck towards the corner wide open, as the truck breaks loose turn the wheels the other way. at the crest of the jump go back to pointing the tires to the corner, cherp the throttle moving the steering back . dong this puts the truck side ways and in a straight b-line for the corner.

with 2wd, if the track is not loose, you have to do all these motions in the air.

just takes practice, jeremy kortz taught me this and its un real when you do it correct. truck stays low and fast.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Another thing, if you are used to other classes at the track, you probably like to triple jumps or go long. One thing with a SCT is that the body will pick up a lot of air, so 7 times out of 10 you will not be able to make that big triple work for you. Sometimes, you will have to just double and single rather than doing it all in one jump.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.