Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which 4wd Buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think the one chassis fits all aproach is a commendable on realy, and affects the Losi AND Academy. I think the droop mod is such a simple thing to do for a customer, that the cost in making separate chassis for the STR4 and SB would be more cost than it is worth realy, at least now they just mill out one set of chassis and they go into both kits. Also keeps the cost down to the distributor and LHS as they only need to keep ONE chassis in stock rather than two.

As for the SB Pro, I was looking through the Korean side of the Academy website using a web page translator, apart from there Questions and Answers section making a hoot to read, I also came across pictures of the PRO version of the 4wd nitro car based on the SB, and from what I could see, included the alloy wishbone hangers, alloy shocks, turnbuckles, but there rest I could not realy see, apart rear CVD's.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

The XX-4 remains very popular in Europe and other parts of the world, where the XXX-4 is simply terrible on their grass tracks. Losi continues to supply all parts for the car, and any hobby store can stock them. I know of two LHSs, one in Toledo, Ohio and one near Detroit which routinely stock every part on the car.

Because of the world-wide popularity, Losi has no plans to stop making XX-4 parts. Since the molds are long-since paid for, these are among the most profitable parts they make.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:41 PM
Tech Regular

As I stated previously "we'll see if losi will still have parts for the XX4 in 4 years"
Old 07-03-2004, 02:32 AM
Tech Master

I Don't see an issue with spares, as AE still sell spares from the original RC10!!! not many I may add, but do, and everything is still available for the B2 onwards. The only car that I know, which has been VERY popular that spares are a real issue for now is the Tenth Technology Predator.

If spares DID become an issue, then that would open up the market for after market suspension arms for the XX-4. As for people disliking the XXX-4, I think it is a love or loathe it car, and more people are turning to it because of the maintenance of the single belt.
Old 07-03-2004, 06:32 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I personally think that the one chassis approach should be considered if the performance is an improvement across the board over the previous model. For alot of drivers the XXX-4 isn't.
Old 07-03-2004, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

Personally I just don' tlike Losi's ever since owning a XX in the early 90's and it just would break as soon as look at it. I did somehow manage to be the owner of a XXXS-G+, but I just didn't like the way it went together. But that is just personal taste.

The one chassis method does work in most cases though.