Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Another crappy MM Pro or a bad NEW lipo? >

Another crappy MM Pro or a bad NEW lipo?

Another crappy MM Pro or a bad NEW lipo?

Old 09-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)
Default Another crappy MM Pro or a bad NEW lipo?

I got a replacement MM Pro for my other craptastic one that dumped after 2 uses. I wired it up to a Velineon motor in my T4 running 24/84 and 21/84 gearing. Truck is all stock except for QC hubs front and rear running panthers on a med-high bite indoor clay track.
Servo is a bluebird digital fast and strong (but generic) servo that I know works very well. I'm also running an external BEC also from Castle and a MaxAmps 5250mah 7.4v pack.

The MM Pro and BEC had never been used before last night and the lipo had it's first voyage on Monday.

Problem is, when the pack is running down it starts to have a VERY noticeable voltage drop somewhere in the system. I'll be on the straight and it looks like my truck just burped because it loses ALL power for a split second or I'll be about to hit the triple and the truck blips right before launching and I case it. It's not everytime but bad enough to make me not only drive like crap but also PISSED about all the equipment.

Curious if anyone could suggest the most likely culprit whether it be the speedo or lipo or BEC? Maybe all 3?

Thanks.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I had the same type of issue at A52 in my sc10. I turned a corner and lost power. i thnk i still had steering tho.

i picked up one of these because im using a spektrum system. But it may or may not solve your issue.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...tage-Protector

I just know i havent had that issue anymore since installing that
Old 09-29-2010, 11:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Does that esc or motor have a thermal cutoff? My novak did that when it thermaled
Old 09-29-2010, 01:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

I had simalar problems with this stuff. I would take off the bec, run a reciever pack and see if your problems go away.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:29 AM
Tech Rookie

If you are running a spektrum system,hook up a castle link and under the power or advanced tab change the voltage setting from 5.5 to 6.0.The spektrum radio is setup for 6.0 volts. I had the same problem
Old 10-03-2010, 04:48 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Have u checked the batt n esc connector?

Mine was bad souldering n it killed my Lipo.

Originally Posted by Neu_Racer
I got a replacement MM Pro for my other craptastic one that dumped after 2 uses. I wired it up to a Velineon motor in my T4 running 24/84 and 21/84 gearing. Truck is all stock except for QC hubs front and rear running panthers on a med-high bite indoor clay track.
Servo is a bluebird digital fast and strong (but generic) servo that I know works very well. I'm also running an external BEC also from Castle and a MaxAmps 5250mah 7.4v pack.

The MM Pro and BEC had never been used before last night and the lipo had it's first voyage on Monday.

Problem is, when the pack is running down it starts to have a VERY noticeable voltage drop somewhere in the system. I'll be on the straight and it looks like my truck just burped because it loses ALL power for a split second or I'll be about to hit the triple and the truck blips right before launching and I case it. It's not everytime but bad enough to make me not only drive like crap but also PISSED about all the equipment.

Curious if anyone could suggest the most likely culprit whether it be the speedo or lipo or BEC? Maybe all 3?

Thanks.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

Yeah a guy from my track had the same problem in his 4wd buggy. He sent it back, got a replacement and same thing. But for him it was the speedo. He hasnt been back for a while so idk what ever happened in the end.