Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
BRAKES!!! All or nothing...WTH...HELP!!! >

BRAKES!!! All or nothing...WTH...HELP!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BRAKES!!! All or nothing...WTH...HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 07:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Questions?? BRAKES!!! All or nothing...WTH...HELP!!!

Hey all...

Okay so I've got an RC8Be w/ a MMM/1800neu combo and an M11x (and 92744 rx). All the rest of the details are in my sig if I've forgotten something.

No matter WHAT I adjust my brakes lock up. I've tried setting the esc brakes to 50% (which I believe is the default). I've also tried adjusting the brake end points and the expo and even at very extreme settings...when I feather the brakes...they just lock up!

This has got me tearing my hair out...and I don't have much left anyway! Can anybody enlighten me on what might be wrong? The car coasts fine...and I don't have any binding in the drive-train. I'm literally at wits-end with this thing. PLEASE HELP!
Old 09-25-2010, 07:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

don't worry its just an adjustment i had to help a friend who was going through the same issue you had........i forget what exactly we did to fix it but i think it was something to do with the part where you select if you want reverser or not try the other settings even if it doesn't sound like the one you want and it works.its not anything to do with brake strength settings its where you select if they are proportional or not (in same menu is if you want reverse or not)
Old 09-25-2010, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

You need to select reverse with lockout or something. Or just brakes with no reserve. And try to calibrate your ESC again.

I run 50% brakes in the software and I adjust from there with the brake trim om my m11x
Old 09-25-2010, 09:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yeah I think I'm going to need to hook my esc up the 'puter to see what's up there. In demo mode the software automatically uses the latest version (which as we all know sucks). I'm using version 1.24 (the newest non-beta at the time I believe) at the moment.

The latest software (demo mode) only shows brakes, no brakes or crawler brakes! Ugh!!!