Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree48Likes

Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 09:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Freshly re built.. time to get some action..

Self explanatory

Old 09-15-2011, 10:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Looks great! Nice wiring.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ohhhwee

Self explanatory

Sweet ride mate, nice wiring loom too

Whats the name and type of rims you have their?
Old 09-19-2011, 01:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

I bet they're RPM Revolvers.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Should I get one???

So I just found out about these 1/10 scale truggies yesterday and now i am thinking about getting one, but i would like some feed back from some of you that race yours on the track. Do you love them or hate them, how tough are they, how hard are they to work on, what type of diffs Do they run.

Thanks for your time any info would be helpful
Old 09-26-2011, 10:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rock solid
So I just found out about these 1/10 scale truggies yesterday and now i am thinking about getting one, but i would like some feed back from some of you that race yours on the track. Do you love them or hate them, how tough are they, how hard are they to work on, what type of diffs Do they run.

200+ pages of posts on this thread not enough?
Old 09-26-2011, 12:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

If the 200+ pages were enough then i would not have asked for your opinion. I set there reading this thread last night for ever and never got the answer I was looking for. So I ask agian if you have an opinion about the truck please give it. That is all i am asking for. If you dont want to clutter up your thread then pm me. I do not care how you help me i am just asking for help on my decision before i buy one.

Thanks
Old 09-26-2011, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

This rig is tons of run if you ask me. I also find it very inexpensive to buy parts and the few upgrades that are available. We were running two heats of about 8-10 rigs this past summer and then it just died out. Now the few diehards that are waiting of the second coming just get bunch up with the 1/10 4X4 buggies.

It's a pretty solid little rig except for the front turn knuckles. Hit the wall once and you are bound to break one. Aside from that it's a blast to run them. I've got mine hooked up with a Tekin RX8 and SC4x 4.5T motor in it. I didn't get it for this rig, I just happen to have an extra so I figured why not.

I run mine with SC wheels, I like it better that way. The Tekno guys got me on to that idea and alot of other folks also joined in. Does it make handle better, I say, just a littel more.

The other downside to this rig is the turning radius. It's been a problem for most of us. I just run my diffs at 3-5-2 and that has solved the issue for me. I'm not an expert, I just listen to what the guys are doing around me and give it a try. I've got nothing to loose.

I love my Hyper 10TT, it's a lot of fun!!! I find working on it pretty easy and it doesn't take much too take it apart. I would definitely recommend the upgrades. There aren't many so it's not to hard to choose. It will improve on the rigs durability.

Check out http://www.nitrohouse.com/Car-Hop-Up...ex.html?page=1

Here are my upgrades:

Lightweight Bump Chassis - weight reduction
Front and Rear CVA - Just change out the rear (the fronts are CVAs stock)
Graphite front top plate - weight reduction
Aluminum Front Brace, Rear Brace - bling factor in my opinion
Front Aluminum Upper Plate - adds durability in support the front arms.
Aluminum Rear Hub Carriers - adds durability - a must!

Someone out there had made some aluminum front turn buckles and I bought them. I didn't really care for them. They seem too big and added a little too much weight in the front for my taste. I tried to gring them down to be smaller but I didn't have the right tools. What they made was really nice and will probably survive for years. Those were a rock solid item if you ask me.

A few of us had nose diving issues but that can be solved by pushing the battery to the rear and a little throttle while in the air after a jump. Easy fix!

Well, that's it, I've blabbed enough since I had nothing to do. I hope this helps you out and feel free to ask if you have any more questions. You can't go wrong with this rig, it's inexpensive to buy and also to maintain in my opinion.

One thing I could never get a straight answer to was what other shocks are out there that would fit this rig. The stock shocks are bare okay and there are no upgraded springs for the shocks. Good Luck!
Old 09-26-2011, 03:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by FangsCPO
One thing I could never get a straight answer to was what other shocks are out there that would fit this rig. The stock shocks are bare okay and there are no upgraded springs for the shocks. Good Luck!
I was able to install Losi Ten-T shocks on mine w/o much fuss but the stock body would not fit over them. The "Bumps" for the shocks in the body are way too small.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

I ran the stock RTR with 10T ezrun finned motor (not real 540) and still able to do jumps and keep up with 4wd buggies with xerun combo. I'm very impressed with the performance out of the box.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:15 PM
Tech Regular

Does any 2.2" truck wheels and tires work on this small wonder?
Old 09-26-2011, 08:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just bought 2 of them in the last month. Enough said
Old 09-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nightc
Does any 2.2" truck wheels and tires work on this small wonder?
Yes and No, stock wheels have a bit of positive offset on them. HPI wheels a have a bit less, not sure about other brands. HPI wheels work but your track is decreased a bit.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:44 PM
Tech Regular

I notice front lower arm is weak at hinge pin. Is there anything to prevent it? BTW, I boil all my parts.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ohhhwee

Self explanatory

hey ohhhwee,
where do u get yr skid plate from? been looking for them since i bought the truck.

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.