Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree48Likes

Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 12:45 PM
Tech Rookie

@RCaddict0 have you tired a delrin spur gear? I switched to that as soon as I got the truck and I've never had a leak. Also +1 on the ali top plate, it should help alot.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

I put a Tekin RS Pro with a Tekin SC 4x4 5.5 motor. Any recomendations on pinion and set up on the Speed control.

Thanks
Old 06-17-2011, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Pkal
@RCaddict0 have you tired a delrin spur gear? I switched to that as soon as I got the truck and I've never had a leak. Also +1 on the ali top plate, it should help alot.
A guy at the lhs recomended this auto sealant. Hitech he said it was called. Some gold stuff. Ill rebuild everything and if it continues I'll order the delrin spur.

Originally Posted by LDOstrem
Ive had all of that happen shortly after getting it. Take a close look at your front upper plate(assuming its still the plastic one) its most likely cracked or broken, thats why you lost your hinge pin. Get an aluminum one from Nitrohouse or other site. When you get that new housing and gasket dont overtighten them, and Id suggest using a sealant. I used an automotive pcv gasket sealant, you dont need a lot. You may be able to get a sample of it for free at the autoparts store. And im pretty sure you bent an axle. I actually snapped a couple right where the pin goes through. Youll prob also break your wing mount, front hub carriers and rear chassis brace. Good times all around!!
GEzzzzzzz
Old 06-17-2011, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yep too many little things breaking or popping out. Mines for sale now, going to stick with 1/8th scale.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:35 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Yosh70
Yep too many little things breaking or popping out. Mines for sale now, going to stick with 1/8th scale.
I hesitate between an Hyper 10TT and a NEXX8.. Do you think the second one is really stronger?
Old 06-17-2011, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by moto44
I put a Tekin RS Pro with a Tekin SC 4x4 5.5 motor. Any recomendations on pinion and set up on the Speed control.

Thanks
Yeah!!! Don't do it. Quite a few guys have tried and failed miserably. Either run a RX8 which is a tight fit but doable or run a MMPro. 14T, 15T with that set up.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Pulse_
I hesitate between an Hyper 10TT and a NEXX8.. Do you think the second one is really stronger?
This is the first thing I had any issue with. This thing has been extremely durable in my opinion. Ive been screaming around on 3s with a MMP and Castle 3800 4-pole and its stupid fast! Im guessing since I got it lightly used and Im guessing the other guy tightened the diff screws a little to tight. But well see nect week
Old 06-17-2011, 07:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I considered a Nexx8 but its lack of space under the body and the fact that it needs saddle packs led me to the TT. Which ive been very happy with so far. Its so much fun to drive despite a few week points.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

I know a lot of guys talk about the "week pionts" of the tt, but its not as bad as it sounds, the truck is really inexpensive {$170 shipped for a 4wd kit is cheap}, so even after buying a delrin spur, hiem joints, alloy top plate, and some steering ball bearings you will be under $200 and have a pretty nice truck, I have a habit of changing everything, but tonight I came in second to a 15 year old with a bone stock tt {I helped him set up}, and I had to spend at least 1300 on mine... Now Im not saying that will ever happen again {I spun my front left tire off the wheel in the 4th turn of the first lap {the inside stayed on the outside let go for some reason}...
And a lot of guys are running them stock with good results...
Lets face it stuff is going to break, you have a 6 pound car, going 30-40mph with them big tires sticking 4-5"s off the frame... You start tagging tubes, or landing jumps with cartwheels, any car is going to break...
Get the little bit of aluminum it needs and enjoy it, replacing parts is part of the hobby, I dont mind, I like taking my cars apart once and a while.. {not all the time, I broke 3 arms on my t3 in one night before {long time ago, hence the t3}, and the next week a broke the chassis, it was a new track and crowded with people playing bumper cars instead of racing, but the hobby shop owner was happy....
Old 06-18-2011, 12:08 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turb06le240
I know a lot of guys talk about the "week pionts" of the tt, but its not as bad as it sounds, the truck is really inexpensive {$170 shipped for a 4wd kit is cheap}, so even after buying a delrin spur, hiem joints, alloy top plate, and some steering ball bearings you will be under $200 and have a pretty nice truck, I have a habit of changing everything, but tonight I came in second to a 15 year old with a bone stock tt {I helped him set up}, and I had to spend at least 1300 on mine... Now Im not saying that will ever happen again {I spun my front left tire off the wheel in the 4th turn of the first lap {the inside stayed on the outside let go for some reason}...
Lets face it stuff is going to break, you have a 6 pound car, going 30-40mph with them big tires sticking 4-5"s off the frame... You start tagging tubes, or landing jumps with cartwheels, any car is going to break...
Get the little bit of aluminum it needs and enjoy it, replacing parts is part of the hobby, I dont mind, I like taking my cars apart once and a while.. {not all the time, I broke 3 arms on my t3 in one night before {long time ago, hence the t3}, and the next week a broke the chassis, it was a new track and crowded with people playing bumper cars instead of racing, but the hobby shop owner was happy....
+1
Old 06-18-2011, 12:48 AM
Tech Adept

At least convert them to on-road.Don't sell them.Mine performs well for both on and off road.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yess for an AWD racing truggy with aluminum chassis, towers and decent shocks $170 is a great buy. And the few necessary ali parts arent expensive either. It is a bummer about the cheap foams it comes with though.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turb06le240
+1 it's a good reliable rig. Get the needed upgraded parts and enjoy. Otherwise you can go with plan B and build a rig yourself.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

After all the RC's I've had, this Hyper will be the last 1/10th scale I will ever purchase. Once its sold, I'm getting another Losi 8ight-T 1.0 and never looking back.
I guess as far as 1/8th scale buggies go, the Nexx looks very good from what I've read and seen.

But if anyone should ask what a good 1/10th scale 4wd I would recommend, knowing what I know now, I would say get a Losi Ten-T (converted of course). But then I'd try to talk them into 1/8th scale.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I just got a 10tt a couple weeks ago and yesterday got in a little crash with my sons slash 4x4. The crash knocked the right wheel loose losing a hinge pin and the hinge pin brushing on the right wheel so I'm getting ready to order some parts. Can anyone with some experience running one of these tell me some other vulnerable parts that I should order while I'm at it? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.