Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree48Likes

Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 11:40 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Fleshgearf150
So I just ordered one of these bad boys today and am quite excited to get it! I have tried resisting getting one for the past few weeks and finally broke down haha.

Anyways, I will be running it at ARC in Temecula, WCRC, and OCRC. I will be running it with the Castle Sidewinder SCT combo on 2s Lipo only.

What should I start my gearing with pinion wise? I think the truck comes with a 13t correct? Is that 13t too small or too big with the Sidewinder SCT combo??

Any help would be appreciated!
I think it's a good starting point.(no heat problems)
Castle and Neu always make good motors.
If Hyper 10 TT has same Front/Rear Differential Gear Ratio with Hyper Mini STe,then you could use this speed calc. (ratio is 3.2)
scriptasylum(.)com/rc_speed/_top_speed.html

exported values (use import option to use them with speed calc)

Differential Ratio: 3.2
Transmission Ratio: 1
Other Ratio: 1
Spur Tooth Count: 42
Pinion Tooth Count: 13
Total Voltage: 7.4
Motor KV: 3800
Tire Diameter (inches): 3.35
Tire Ballooning (inches): 0
Motor Current Draw: 0
Motor Coil Resistance: 0
Spur/Pinion Ratio: 3.23 : 1
Total Ratio: 10.33846 : 1
Tire Circumference (inches): 10.52 inches (267.32 mm)
Rollout: 1.02:1
Total Motor Speed: 28120 RPM
Vehicle Speed: 27.11 mph (43.54 km/h)
Effective KV Value: 3800
KT constant: 0.36 oz-in/A
Motor Torque: Amperage not specified...
Final Torque: Amperage not specified...
Final Power: Amperage not specified...

I think you should gear it up a little (if the calculator is correct)
Old 11-17-2010, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ray Rabe
Hey guys I just wanted to let everyone know what to get for the steering mod I did which works great! I was the yellow OfnaTT in the video at Mikes Hobby Shop. All you need to buy are;
1. Any 1" turnbuckle (Lunsford or Associated and since they come in a pair, you can split the cost with a buddy since you each only need one turnbuckle )
2. Lunsford LONG ballstuds
3. Long RPM ballcups
4. Two washers roughly 5mm (I used my old limiters that came with my Losi shock rebuild cartriges. It comes with two in a pack, use the BIGGER one)

Now for the steps installing the rack;
1. Take out the crappy silver "rack"
2. Put one washer under each ballstud and screw it in from the bottom of the steering posts, NOT THE TOP (the new rack will be under the front coupling instead of the top like the old one)
3. Screw your RPM ballcups on turnbuckle till it bottoms out. Yes screw all the way in till it stops. Pop the ballcups on the ballstuds under the front coupling. (The easiest way to do it for me was pop on one side first, than slide the turnbuckle under the coupling and pop on the other)
4. Make sure you have no subtrim in your steering and recenter your servo. After recentering your servo adjust your toe in/out accordingly to your preference, than adjust your enpoints on your radio to limit or add travel. Drive it and you should notice quite a difference!

I hope I didnt make this sound to difficult to understand! But if ya got any questions feel free to ask. Thanks guys,
Ray
Hey new to the 10tt and was hoping Ray or someone else could give alittle mor info on this mod such as..

1" turnbuckel how long is that in mm ?
What size ballend ? 3mm,6mm (you get the picture) and how long of a ball stud ?
What sive ball end cups ? 3mm,6mm(again you get the picture)

Or does anyone have the part numbers for this mod ?

Thanks inadvance for any help..
Old 11-17-2010, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

So I just ordered one of these bad boys today and am quite excited to get it! I have tried resisting getting one for the past few weeks and finally broke down haha.

Anyways, I will be running it at ARC in Temecula, WCRC, and OCRC. I will be running it with the Castle Sidewinder SCT combo on 2s Lipo only.

What should I start my gearing with pinion wise? I think the truck comes with a 13t correct? Is that 13t too small or too big with the Sidewinder SCT combo??

Any help would be appreciated!
for ocrc i run a 11t on a 6.5r but not sure whats best for the other tracks though. i think wcrc would be the same
Old 11-17-2010, 01:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Here's mine! We are going to start this class here at Norcal Hobbies in Union City, CA this Saturday...however, it might be raining...oh well, whenever it makes its debut, I hope this class takes off!

Old 11-17-2010, 01:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

^^^ Nice Paint Job!!!

Oh, and there are 25.4mm in ONE inch.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jerryboy318
Here's mine! We are going to start this class here at Norcal Hobbies in Union City, CA this Saturday...however, it might be raining...oh well, whenever it makes its debut, I hope this class takes off!

nice paint! I am a fan of the taper pins on the TT as they hook! With some pro-line dual stage foams the car is planted!
Old 11-17-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

^^^Hmmm....the JConcept Flip Outs look very similar.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jerryboy318
Nice paintjob!
Airbrush? Or spray cans?
Also,what motor/esc/battery are you using?
Old 11-17-2010, 02:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AL3xGR
Nice paintjob!
Airbrush? Or spray cans?
Also,what motor/esc/battery are you using?
Thanks! I can't take credit for the paintjob, there's a guy who races at the facility who did this for me. Pm me if interested, I'll send you his way.

I took the etronics from my jammin 4x4sc....

SPX profile 1, Novak Ballistic 4.5, 2S 50C 5000mah. It's got the Eliterc motor mount, STRC center diff mount, STRC rear hubs, STRC wheel hex and STRC top plate, I also changed the steering bushings to bearings. I replaced the blue spur to the metal since it was leaking. So far so good. Next up are those sick looking chassis braces and 'black' ackerman bar.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:14 PM
Tech Regular

oh yeah, airbrush...lol
Old 11-17-2010, 02:32 PM
Tech Adept

OK.Thanks for sharing.

How are your motor's temps?Is it good for this truck?Top speed?
I'm planning to get a 4.5T Ballistic for my Hyper Mini STe.(almost the same - I'l make an extended chassis so it will be the same)
Old 11-17-2010, 04:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

.... What should I start my gearing with pinion wise? I think the truck comes with a 13t correct? Is that 13t too small or too big with the Sidewinder SCT combo??
FWIW, I've been running my new Castle SCT combo outdoors with a 15T pinion and a little extra timing advance. It's a rocket, but still controllable in my opinion. With the fan mounted on the motor, temps were high but safe. For something the size of ARC, I think you'll need to go bigger than 13T with the stock spur, like 15T if you have good throttle control and 14T if you need to gear for throttle control.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MotoWood
FWIW, I've been running my new Castle SCT combo outdoors with a 15T pinion and a little extra timing advance. It's a rocket, but still controllable in my opinion. With the fan mounted on the motor, temps were high but safe. For something the size of ARC, I think you'll need to go bigger than 13T with the stock spur, like 15T if you have good throttle control and 14T if you need to gear for throttle control.
What temps were you hitting with the 15t?

How much timing did you use?
Old 11-17-2010, 04:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am really digging that paint job!
Old 11-17-2010, 05:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Has anyone found a "CVA", other than the Ofna to replace the rear dogbones?
I have broken 2 stub axles and that's getting old. I asked around at my lhs and 2 guys have bent the Ofna CVA's.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.