Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree48Likes

Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 05:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Does the tt have the same control arms as the hyper 10sc ?
Old 10-02-2010, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

They're interchangeable, but the ones that come on the 10TT are the updated arms. They are more rigid and beefier.

-melon
Old 10-03-2010, 12:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by angrymelon
They're interchangeable, but the ones that come on the 10TT are the updated arms. They are more rigid and beefier.

-melon
Thank you .
Old 10-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Dropped an 8.5 system n and went to th track , lil truck is awsome box stock setup works real good ... 8.5 has real good power I blew all th tiers off th rims
Old 10-03-2010, 03:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by HEAT
Dropped an 8.5 system n and went to th track , lil truck is awsome box stock setup works real good ... 8.5 has real good power I blew all th tiers off th rims
what for a speedo and motor system? im still looking what to buy for the tt....
Old 10-03-2010, 03:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

If a 8.5 system works good in these things Im hoping a 4600kv will work
Old 10-03-2010, 06:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The stock suspension set-up looks o.k., but according to the stock set-up sheet all three diffs are filled with grease

Also the camber on my truck was all jacked up, no two wheels were the same. Set the rears to -2*, fronts to -1.5*, & toe out to 1*.

Gonna start with 5k/5k/2k in the diffs & go from there.

Lovin' this little truggy, BEEFY
Old 10-03-2010, 07:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hoousi
what for a speedo and motor system? im still looking what to buy for the tt....
Novak Havoc system with 8.5 running a 13t pinion but goin 2 put a 14t on .
Old 10-04-2010, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by QTOWNCRAWLER
The stock suspension set-up looks o.k., but according to the stock set-up sheet all three diffs are filled with grease

Also the camber on my truck was all jacked up, no two wheels were the same. Set the rears to -2*, fronts to -1.5*, & toe out to 1*.

Gonna start with 5k/5k/2k in the diffs & go from there.

Lovin' this little truggy, BEEFY
Sorry for not getting back on here to answer your question, but I've only change the center diff oil to 5k and the changed the shock oils to 35wt Losi all the way around. The arms have a new location on the rear and I have mine in the middle but if you changed to the outside hole check for overall shock travel it migh be a lil short so you will have move out some of your shock end. The new thing on the car are the pillow balls if you have'nt noticed they have a flange at the end of the treading that's there to prevent the ball from popping the treads and going inward in the event of side impact and causing the threads to drive inward and getting more than you want camber. The other thing I have done was move the bat. tray foward it has helped the rear end bucking and gives me more free space to mount my esc on the other side rather on top center diff, it's too close up there and I'm afraid if I case a jump right on the top of the body then my esc will absorb a critcal hit and may not last in the long run. I need to post a pic so I will do this very soon.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by -R2-
Sorry for not getting back on here to answer your question, but I've only change the center diff oil to 5k and the changed the shock oils to 35wt Losi all the way around. The arms have a new location on the rear and I have mine in the middle but if you changed to the outside hole check for overall shock travel it migh be a lil short so you will have move out some of your shock end. The new thing on the car are the pillow balls if you have'nt noticed they have a flange at the end of the treading that's there to prevent the ball from popping the treads and going inward in the event of side impact and causing the threads to drive inward and getting more than you want camber. The other thing I have done was move the bat. tray foward it has helped the rear end bucking and gives me more free space to mount my esc on the other side rather on top center diff, it's too close up there and I'm afraid if I case a jump right on the top of the body then my esc will absorb a critcal hit and may not last in the long run. I need to post a pic so I will do this very soon.
in the manual they show to mount the esc next to the motor, i'll have to get my gtb from the cellar to check sizes, but it seems imposible... or is there an esc so small.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Old 10-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Tech Adept

Novak Havoc system with 8.5 running a 13t pinion but goin 2 put a 14t on .
thanks, i've been eyeing that one but still undecided...
Old 10-04-2010, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hoousi
in the manual they show to mount the esc next to the motor, i'll have to get my gtb from the cellar to check sizes, but it seems imposible... or is there an esc so small.
I put my Havoc Sc Pro behind the motor and it was a close fit. It was there till my esc had a malfunction so in goes the GTB it fit but was also close. CG is the name of the game so for me the esc on the top wasn't going to work and since the battery location was not where I wanted it so moving it forward did two things of course making the space for the GTB and less chassis slapping of a jump so the truggy feels better off a jump and steering is there. Like my SC no steering mod has been done to the gearcase.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Wednesday night racing again at OCRC, I heard Joey C did the track so this should be a whole lotta fun. It should be on RClive to see the race.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:50 PM
Tech Adept

finally decided on:
- mmp esc (if its tight i put in the gtb), was twmpted by the the rs pro but i believe they will update it rather soon...
- lrp x12 octa 6.5t
- cheapo servo from amain scanner rc 9764MG

lets see how it rips
thanks for you help!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.