R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-18-2010, 03:22 PM   #1246
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 116
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Got my hyper tt for sale (ARTR) in the for sale section:
HYPER TT ARTR (JUST NEEDS STEERING SERVO)
__________________
Into scalers now.
tedovt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 03:55 PM   #1247
Tech Fanatic
 
S/X Runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 947
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Get the bearings from boca bearings.
S/X Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 06:04 PM   #1248
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_WORD View Post
anybody know if the ALUM STRG BELLCRANK JAMMIN SCRT10 GM will fit.

I'm in the process of doing this on mine, you'll also need the kingpin screw set p/n 37220. You need to clearance the diff a little to run the bar on top like it's supposed to. It just barely clears the upper brace if you use the right shims. I'm also in the process of purchasing the servo saver tube and spring from the scrt10 i think it will help align things a little better, right now it has an angle to it because it sits about a mm lower with the stock tube.
__________________
HPI Savage: Ofna .32
Tamiya Nitrage: LRP ZR.30 Spec 2
Ofna Hyper TT: Tekin SC4x 4.5, Tekin RX8, 3s 5000mah LiPo
HyperTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 06:37 PM   #1249
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Antelope Valley, CA
Posts: 4,754
Trader Rating: 483 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndi_guy View Post
Just ordered mine from Acer.
That's where I got mine.
QDRHRSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:08 PM   #1250
Tech Regular
 
Slash65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kent, WA
Posts: 315
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Questions?? NitroHouse question...

I am about to order my TT from NitroHouse and I was hoping to save a few $$$ by ordering it with a ESC & motor combo....

Looking at the Hyper TT on the Brushless Electric Kits page, the only option available is to trade the chassis for a lightweight bump chassis.

If I were to call in the order do you think they would make me a deal?
__________________
HoBao Hyper 10 TT
Sanwa MX-V
HobbyWing XeRun V2.1
Dynamite 6.5T
Slash65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:13 PM   #1251
Tech Addict
 
ndi_guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wichita, KS.
Posts: 574
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash65 View Post
I am about to order my TT from NitroHouse and I was hoping to save a few $$$ by ordering it with a ESC & motor combo....

Looking at the Hyper TT on the Brushless Electric Kits page, the only option available is to trade the chassis for a lightweight bump chassis.

If I were to call in the order do you think they would make me a deal?
If they make you a deal let us know, that would be awesome. That bump chassis looks sweet by the way.
ndi_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:20 PM   #1252
Tech Regular
 
Slash65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kent, WA
Posts: 315
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndi_guy View Post
If they make you a deal let us know, that would be awesome. That bump chassis looks sweet by the way.
Even if they don't I am really considering getting the chassis.
__________________
HoBao Hyper 10 TT
Sanwa MX-V
HobbyWing XeRun V2.1
Dynamite 6.5T
Slash65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:21 PM   #1253
Tech Elite
 
G_WORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North, Jersey
Posts: 2,677
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTT View Post
I'm in the process of doing this on mine, you'll also need the kingpin screw set p/n 37220. You need to clearance the diff a little to run the bar on top like it's supposed to. It just barely clears the upper brace if you use the right shims. I'm also in the process of purchasing the servo saver tube and spring from the scrt10 i think it will help align things a little better, right now it has an angle to it because it sits about a mm lower with the stock tube.
once you have it done take pics and post them please.
__________________
Crispy Critters Hobby Shop & Raceway
Mugen MBX7R / AE B6D / TLR 22-4 2.0
G_WORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:24 PM   #1254
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by QDRHRSE View Post
It also accelerates like nothing else on the track but that might be more of a function of the Castle 3800 (geared with a 15T pinion).
Did u ever try another system? i'm really thinking, so many like the sct, but if i compare my sct on 15t to my 6.5 on 12t its like a chevy malibu to a viper, the first one will take u around the track ok, but the second one will keep ur blood pumping. Of course depending ur driving style this doesnt have to translate to lap times but pure acceleration are worlds apart.
__________________
Serpent Cobra E RTR, HB VE8, Summit, Vaterra Kemora/Kalahari, XRAY X10, XRAY X12
Buying and selling as tracks open and close
hoousi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:42 PM   #1255
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 151
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoousi View Post
Did u ever try another system? i'm really thinking, so many like the sct, but if i compare my sct on 15t to my 6.5 on 12t its like a chevy malibu to a viper, the first one will take u around the track ok, but the second one will keep ur blood pumping. Of course depending ur driving style this doesnt have to translate to lap times but pure acceleration are worlds apart.
do you run the sct at zero timing? mines ballistic even in my hyper 10 sc.
tacomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:11 PM   #1256
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Antelope Valley, CA
Posts: 4,754
Trader Rating: 483 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoousi View Post
Did u ever try another system? i'm really thinking, so many like the sct, but if i compare my sct on 15t to my 6.5 on 12t its like a chevy malibu to a viper, the first one will take u around the track ok, but the second one will keep ur blood pumping. Of course depending ur driving style this doesnt have to translate to lap times but pure acceleration are worlds apart.
Sort of. I have a bunch of HV motors that I run in my 4x4 SCs. I have 2 Hyper 10SCs and I run a 6.5 HV in one and the 3800 in the other. The 3800 powered Hyper is really fast and that's what made me use it in the TT. I also have a couple of Jammins that I run 4.5 HVs in and the 3800 is hardly slower. Iys the best deal out there for a motor.

I also run 2wd SC and 1/10 scale buggy & truggy but the fastest 540 motor that I use other than the 3800 is a Tekin Redline 10.5. So in terms of 540 canned motors I have no idea how a 6.5 runs. That is a lot of motor for something as heavy as the TT and I bet you have to be careful with motor temps. The Castle 3800 system runs super cold and you can run pack after pack without them getting hot. Castle has really created something special with the Sidewinder SCT. Its certainly isn't as smooth as the systems that cost 3 times as much but it has good speed and torque that no other 540 motor can match.
QDRHRSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:35 PM   #1257
Tech Adept
 
JayRC66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Elmhurst, NY
Posts: 230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by egaus View Post
Hey,

I am thinking of picking one of these up. I've been looking all over for a 1/10 brushless 4WD setup.

I've picked out:

Novak Ballistic 550 Brushless "Short Course" Motor (5.5T/3700Kv)
Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro 1/10 ESC
Hitec HS-965MG Ultra Speed HD Metal Gear Servo

Do these components make a good match for this truck?

Are there any recommended/must have hop-ups I am missing?

Also, what kind of pinion would I use with that motor for good low end and decent top end running? I'm not a racer but who knows. Does the kit come w/ pinions?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

e
It only comes with one, 13T pinion. I bought a 14T aside. But yet to use it.
__________________
Jovanny S.

Losi, Serpent, Schumacher, Ofna.... yea I got a little bit everything.
JayRC66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:38 PM   #1258
Tech Adept
 
JayRC66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Elmhurst, NY
Posts: 230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTT View Post
I'm in the process of doing this on mine, you'll also need the kingpin screw set p/n 37220. You need to clearance the diff a little to run the bar on top like it's supposed to. It just barely clears the upper brace if you use the right shims. I'm also in the process of purchasing the servo saver tube and spring from the scrt10 i think it will help align things a little better, right now it has an angle to it because it sits about a mm lower with the stock tube.

Hey let me know how that works out. I would like to go aluminum on my steering rack as well. Although that would put more weight on the front of the truck. Not sure if thats a good thing considering how it tends to hose dive
__________________
Jovanny S.

Losi, Serpent, Schumacher, Ofna.... yea I got a little bit everything.
JayRC66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:39 PM   #1259
Tech Champion
 
thecman26's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 7,732
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTT View Post
I'm in the process of doing this on mine, you'll also need the kingpin screw set p/n 37220. You need to clearance the diff a little to run the bar on top like it's supposed to. It just barely clears the upper brace if you use the right shims. I'm also in the process of purchasing the servo saver tube and spring from the scrt10 i think it will help align things a little better, right now it has an angle to it because it sits about a mm lower with the stock tube.
I'm gonna give that a shot too... Made 4 laps today with mine and broke the bottom arm on the servo saver off... barely got it warmed up! It pulls like a champ though! 4 laps got the esc up to 80 degrees and the motor to 90 degrees... light work for it! Got some pink BK bard glued up to the TQ truck rims, look greak and fit better than the stock wheels!

Does anyone know the size of the bearings to put in this steering rack? I'm gonna try 5X8X2.5 bearings since that the size of the bushing, hope it works...
__________________
Chris Keen: Viola, Kansas
Kyosho RZ6, TLR 22 3.0, TLR 4.0 SR (soon),& 22T 3.0
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!", Col. Sanders

Last edited by thecman26; 12-18-2010 at 11:00 PM.
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 12:39 AM   #1260
Tech Adept
 
ambryatim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Corinth, TX
Posts: 241
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecman26 View Post
I'm gonna give that a shot too... Made 4 laps today with mine and broke the bottom arm on the servo saver off... barely got it warmed up! It pulls like a champ though! 4 laps got the esc up to 80 degrees and the motor to 90 degrees... light work for it! Got some pink BK bard glued up to the TQ truck rims, look greak and fit better than the stock wheels!

Does anyone know the size of the bearings to put in this steering rack? I'm gonna try 5X8X2.5 bearings since that the size of the bushing, hope it works...
Yep those bearings will work fine...I got mine here. I have used these for the past 2.5 years and am very satisfied.
ambryatim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:39 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net