Old 11-30-2010, 09:43 AM   #976
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 483 (100%+)

AMain had them Sunday night!
QDRHRSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:00 AM   #977
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I know the guys from Cruzin RC in NJ has six of them in stock, just call Ron/Steve @ 201-445-8080 they will take care of you!!!!

Barry "Barely" Goodwin's worst nightmare.....
Toiffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:43 AM   #978
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylar View Post
Damn, does anyone have these in stock? I want one for my xmas present
The Barn Floor has them in stock...

http://thebarnfloor.com/catalog/prod...oducts_id=2106

I am hoping to buy one for my X-Mas as well.
Dynamite 6.5T
Slash65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:45 AM   #979
Tech Elite

Another great place ^^^^

Old 11-30-2010, 11:03 AM   #980
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

My backorder just went through with Tower....so they may have them in stock as well.....try your LHS first, if Tower has em, Great Planes have em and almost all hobby shops deal w/ Great Planes...
Hobbymasters, Red Bank, NJ
Venom Group
marshon50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:00 PM   #981
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toiffel View Post
Couple of things, 1st. If you don't have the same amount of throw left to right, there is a mechanical problem, either servo wasn't centered properly, or your steering linkage is out of wack.

So making any set up changes are not going to affect the servo movement. Make sure your steering assembly is perfect, then work on set up.....
Thanks guys for the help.. Ive been racing for over 8 years and I feel like a newbe asking but Iam stumped.. Must be having a brain fart..lol. I'll deff go over the steering to make sure all is correct and go from there.

Thanks Agian Rob
Old 11-30-2010, 03:54 PM   #982
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

So I just rec'd the Hyper from NitroHouse and everything looks good except the oil leakage from the center diff.....sorry if this has been asked but all I do is just replace the spur with a different one? Part #?

Now just waiting for the Castle MM/4600 combo ordered on a Black Friday special thru the Castle site.
Any suggestions on a good overkill servo?
Old 11-30-2010, 03:59 PM   #983
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Prettyboy:
The steering linkage rod ends could be hitting the diff case limiting steering throw. I went to town on my diff case with a dremel and increased throw by about 10%. Make sure to check throw throughout the suspension range as well.
danyak101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:00 PM   #984
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosh70 View Post
So I just rec'd the Hyper from NitroHouse and everything looks good except the oil leakage from the center diff.....sorry if this has been asked but all I do is just replace the spur with a different one? Part #?
Double up the Blue gasket and you should be good.
raydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:06 PM   #985
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyboy View Post
Hoping someone can shed some light on steering for me.. I did the steering mod asper Ray and I relize that it realy dont give you more steering so my question is how do you get more steering out of this? Ive done some grinding on the pillow ball mounts,lower arms where the pillow ball screws in so it can get more throw but no matter what ive tryed I get a boat load of steering to the right and not so much steering to the left. Any help on getting more steering throw left and right will be great..

Thanks Rob
I'm having the same problem. I did the steering mod today and the rpm ball cup on the right is hitting the bottom section of the servo saver. I havent started grinding yet. Should the outer turnbuckles end up being different lengths?
jaybird95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:50 PM   #986
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird95 View Post
I'm having the same problem. I did the steering mod today and the rpm ball cup on the right is hitting the bottom section of the servo saver. I havent started grinding yet. Should the outer turnbuckles end up being different lengths?
This is the only problem with the steering mod i came up with. You will have more throw to the right than to the left. In order to fix this adjust your turnbuckles first so you have 1 to 2 degrees of toe out, and make sure both turnbuckles are the same length. Next dremel the side of the ball cup where it hits the bottom servo saver and grind down the servo saver post as well. You could also try different ball cups like losi or associated which are alittle thinner. I personally have not grinded anything on my TT since i had it. I felt it had more than enough steering after the rack change. But if you want some more steering try 2,7,1 for diffs, and TAKE OFF FRONT SWAY BAR. That makes the biggest difference. I also went to a losi blue rear spring moved all the way out on tower and in on arm. That helped as far as jumping and turning. Othar than that you can actually adjust the length of the "rack" to adjust ackerman. Just keep playing with it, it takes time on new cars to get a "dialed" setup, and everyones gonna have their own opinions on what works "best". Hope this somewhat helped, Best of luck to ya man.

Ray Rabe
Old 11-30-2010, 06:47 PM   #987
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Rabe View Post
This is the only problem with the steering mod i came up with. You will have more throw to the right than to the left. In order to fix this adjust your turnbuckles first so you have 1 to 2 degrees of toe out, and make sure both turnbuckles are the same length. Next dremel the side of the ball cup where it hits the bottom servo saver and grind down the servo saver post as well. You could also try different ball cups like losi or associated which are alittle thinner.....

Ray Rabe

lol.....funny, you kept this little tad of information just for yourself until now....

just having some fun with ya.....

This only confirms with what I said, the only visible benefit of doing the mod, is eliminating any slop in the steering, because as for adding more steering doesn't really do anything that you coulnd't do with changing the wire. Kudos for trying something different, keep the ideas coming...

Old 11-30-2010, 06:53 PM   #988
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toiffel View Post
Another great place ^^^^
lol isn't that funnt bbq...n he from washington lol
marshon cruzin could bring u one to the track cancel that backorder n steve can bring one to you!!!!
Old 11-30-2010, 07:02 PM   #989
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosh70 View Post

Now just waiting for the Castle MM/4600 combo ordered on a Black Friday special thru the Castle site.
Any suggestions on a good overkill servo?
Stock spur is garbage, if u crank down on the screws to stop the leaking the spur will warp, your are better off either using the steel sc one or this one from Nitrohouse http://www.nitrohouse.com/Car-Hop-Up...duct_info.html

Old 11-30-2010, 07:05 PM   #990
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

we still on for sunday? the barn will have a bunch more TT racing on friday i may do both.