Search
Like Tree48Likes

Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 09:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ray Rabe
That wasnt my TT, I just let him use my body since he didnt have his painted up in time. I still have mine and love it!!!!!!
Oh I see. That makes perfect sense.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by G_WORD
marshon stop causing trouble.......just get your TT and come racing we had 2 heats last night.
U know me, I gots to speak my mind, LOL!

Mine is backordered, waiting on Tower......my esc combo is in at Hobbymasters, no need to pick it up til my truck is here though......

Can't wait to tear up the Barn!!!!
Old 11-28-2010, 07:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

If your not into it, don't watch...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)

Took the TQ and the win tonight in combined Short Course / 4WD. Man, this thing is dialed in right now

I did not do the steering mod that is being discussed so much and I have all the steering I could want. Just need to lock down the servo saver.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by raydog

I did not do the steering mod that is being discussed so much and I have all the steering I could want. Just need to lock down the servo saver.
me too
Old 11-28-2010, 08:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Here's a pix of my baby! Naked! lol...just wanted to show off the eliterc mount.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

and 1 more.

Old 11-29-2010, 05:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by raydog
Took the TQ and the win tonight in combined Short Course / 4WD. Man, this thing is dialed in right now

Caution with cranking down on the servo saver, if you are using a good servo, your saver will break.....

Not sure the steering mod is going to add more steering, I believe it's gear more toward eliminating the play on the steering assembly... Other than that the only other benefit I could see, is that you can easily adjust your ackerman angle, oh and yes you eliminate that flimsy wire thingy....

I'm enjoying my truck now, much more since it's first outing, truck handles great, and when I ran Hole Shots M3 there was a huge improvement over the stockers, my only gripe with them is that the stock ofna foam breaks down way to quick....

Current set up:

Diffs 5-5-2 (going to try 3 in the rear, I still have a little too much rear traction)

Shocks 40wt Losi front/35wt Losi rear

Front Shock Location stock

Rear top shock location out on the botton row

Here's is the crazy part Toe Out -4 degrees (Probably where all my steering is coming from)

Top front arm spacers back
Botton front arm spacers front (least amount of caster possible)

Camber -2 all the way around

This is the latest video of friday night, mine is the yellow with red:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by Toiffel; 11-29-2010 at 09:27 AM.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

I just ordered mine. I love racing my Hyper10 so much that I have to believe this thing will be incredible....especially since its a pound lighter. I'm even going to use the same Castle SCT set up which is the greatest deal out there right now.

Anyway, it will likely be here on Wednesday and I will not be able to get a body painted by Friday night which is when I want to try it out. Does anybody know if I could make a T4 body fit?
Old 11-29-2010, 12:11 PM
Tech Adept

I wanted to ask the same... Which bodies fit? Jato,Rustler,T4?
Old 11-29-2010, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AL3xGR
I wanted to ask the same... Which bodies fit? Jato,Rustler,T4?
Upon first inspection IIRC the TT's body has a smaller footprint both width and length than the standard stadium truck size. But I'm sure with some creativity (and wise cutting) that stadium truck bodies can be adapted if need be.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:07 PM
Tech Champion

That would twice as cool. Nobody is going to see it coming. As soon as the they hear they the metalic clanging of the Hyper gear boxes everbody is going to wonder what the deal is with the ol T4....T44!!!!
Old 11-29-2010, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
That would twice as cool. Nobody is going to see it coming. As soon as the they hear they the metalic clanging of the Hyper gear boxes everbody is going to wonder what the deal is with the ol T4....T44!!!!
lol the TT comes with a crappy plastic spur.. the strc is the one to go with out of the box the stock spur leaks pretty bad..
Old 11-29-2010, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Toiffel
Caution with cranking down on the servo saver, if you are using a good servo, your saver will break.....

Not sure the steering mod is going to add more steering, I believe it's gear more toward eliminating the play on the steering assembly... Other than that the only other benefit I could see, is that you can easily adjust your ackerman angle, oh and yes you eliminate that flimsy wire thingy....

I'm enjoying my truck now, much more since it's first outing, truck handles great, and when I ran Hole Shots M3 there was a huge improvement over the stockers, my only gripe with them is that the stock ofna foam breaks down way to quick....

Current set up:

Diffs 5-5-2 (going to try 3 in the rear, I still have a little too much rear traction)

Shocks 40wt Losi front/35wt Losi rear

Front Shock Location stock

Rear top shock location out on the botton row

Here's is the crazy part Toe Out -4 degrees (Probably where all my steering is coming from)

Top front arm spacers back
Botton front arm spacers front (least amount of caster possible)

Camber -2 all the way around

This is the latest video of friday night, mine is the yellow with red:

+ YouTube Video
Good racing ...did you win that one?? I notice you caught up, then passed them, but the video didn't show the entire race.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by specgie
lol the TT comes with a crappy plastic spur.. the strc is the one to go with out of the box the stock spur leaks pretty bad..
I already ordered a bearing kit from Acer and $80 worth of shit from Nitrohouse which includes 2 spurs. I'm one step ahead of you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.