R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-22-2010, 07:18 AM   #856
Tech Elite
 
Toiffel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 4,169
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL3xGR View Post
This is a track for Hyper 10 TT.

About the guy...:It happens....to everyone...(It was just something I noticed)
lol... I think the TT would get a little lost on our outside track, last layout had a 250ft straight, it was insane!!!!
__________________
Esteban "BBQ" Baquero

Barry "Barely" Goodwin's worst nightmare.....
Toiffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:34 AM   #857
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hellas,Athens
Posts: 197
Default

If you have any video with a Hyper 10 TT running there,post it.
__________________
Hyper Mini STe (with custom chassis - 10TT) Novak 4.5T 550 motor/150A ESC
Phoenix ST
www.youtube.com/TheAL3xGR
AL3xGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:55 AM   #858
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Great Falls, MT
Posts: 984
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Here is mine with SC tires/wheels. Narrows it up and give more height. I've got a 1/16 track I tear it up on with this. The wires on the MMP were alittle short so I had to mount somewhat close to the rear and trim the body. Atleast it breathes cool air.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread-001.jpg  
Cody01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:10 PM   #859
Tech Regular
 
Slash65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kent, WA
Posts: 315
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody01 View Post
Here is mine with SC tires/wheels. Narrows it up and give more height. I've got a 1/16 track I tear it up on with this. The wires on the MMP were alittle short so I had to mount somewhat close to the rear and trim the body. Atleast it breathes cool air.
What's the difference in handling compared to the stock tires?
__________________
HoBao Hyper 10 TT
Sanwa MX-V
HobbyWing XeRun V2.1
Dynamite 6.5T
Slash65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:15 AM   #860
Tech Elite
 
Toiffel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 4,169
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Stock tires are good for a couple of races until the foams break down, which is rather quickly.......
__________________
Esteban "BBQ" Baquero

Barry "Barely" Goodwin's worst nightmare.....
Toiffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:23 AM   #861
Tech Elite
 
G_WORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North, Jersey
Posts: 2,670
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toiffel View Post
Stock tires are good for a couple of races until the foams break down, which is rather quickly.......
+1 they suck
__________________
Crispy Critters Hobby Shop & Raceway
Mugen MBX7R / AE B6D / TLR 22-4 2.0
G_WORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:32 AM   #862
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Great Falls, MT
Posts: 984
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash65 View Post
What's the difference in handling compared to the stock tires?
Well of course you give up some width but on smaller tracks its pretty sweet. I'm liking this MMP/4.5T 550 compared to the Vxl. Coming out of corners it stands on the rear wheels and the fronts balloon out. It looks badass.
Cody01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:58 AM   #863
Tech Regular
 
Djioul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: France
Posts: 319
Default

Quick question to the hyper truggy owners :
Have you ever tried to fit "big" wheels on a standard 4WD buggy to see how it compares with a factory truggy like the hyper TT?

I'm just thinking loud, as I've done it with my lazer several times, and found it great fun, apart the fact I was burning the diffs like hell with decent 6.5T motor...
Djioul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:04 AM   #864
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Great Falls, MT
Posts: 984
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djioul View Post
Quick question to the hyper truggy owners :
Have you ever tried to fit "big" wheels on a standard 4WD buggy to see how it compares with a factory truggy like the hyper TT?

I'm just thinking loud, as I've done it with my lazer several times, and found it great fun, apart the fact I was burning the diffs like hell with decent 6.5T motor...
Yes I have. It was on an Academy 4wd 1/10 buggy. Was fun but that buggy wasn't designed to handle that much abuse and brushless power murdered spur gears and diff gears in it. I had to move on to rollers meant for that kind of punishment.
Cody01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:26 AM   #865
Tech Regular
 
Djioul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: France
Posts: 319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody01 View Post
Yes I have. It was on an Academy 4wd 1/10 buggy. Was fun but that buggy wasn't designed to handle that much abuse and brushless power murdered spur gears and diff gears in it. I had to move on to rollers meant for that kind of punishment.
OK, we unfortunately faced the same issues...
Djioul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:06 PM   #866
Tech Master
 
prettyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Blackwood,N.J
Posts: 1,446
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Questions??

Was hoping if anyone knew what other rims will fit on the 10TT and will fit like oem. Other then converting,modding or putting on 1/8 buggy rims.

Thanks Rob
__________________
(ORIGINAL) HIGH POWERED HOBBIES RACE TEAM MEMBER
prettyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:10 PM   #867
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyboy View Post
Was hoping if anyone knew what other rims will fit on the 10TT and will fit like oem. Other then converting,modding or putting on 1/8 buggy rims.

Thanks Rob
Here we Go.
Whosold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:23 PM   #868
Tech Elite
 
Toiffel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 4,169
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

lol ^^^
__________________
Esteban "BBQ" Baquero

Barry "Barely" Goodwin's worst nightmare.....

Last edited by Toiffel; 11-23-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Toiffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:43 PM   #869
Tech Fanatic
 
S/X Runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 947
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyboy View Post
Was hoping if anyone knew what other rims will fit on the 10TT and will fit like oem. Other then converting,modding or putting on 1/8 buggy rims.

Thanks Rob

The only ones people have come up with are some RPM wheels (revolvers). No pics, no measurements...just someone who said they fit. I'm sure they fit and might be really close to the stock offset, I'm not gonna waste my money to find out though.
S/X Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:29 PM   #870
Tech Elite
 
Toiffel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 4,169
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

1/10 truck TQ wheels fit.....
__________________
Esteban "BBQ" Baquero

Barry "Barely" Goodwin's worst nightmare.....
Toiffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:53 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net