R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree9Likes

Old 07-14-2012, 07:22 PM   #3811
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Mine came with a built in fan for the SCT esc. The fan pretty much runs as soon as I turn it on. The motor is not hot enough to touch.

Maybe I should just gear up and run my 2s?
CTRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:25 PM   #3812
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

if you can touch your motor longer than 5 seconds then i think your fine on the motor.
If your ESC is the Side Winder version then your fan will go on right away and all the time.

Is your lipo a higher C rated lipo? Is the low voltage cut off at 3.4 or lower?
muck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:27 PM   #3813
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

It is a 30C/3400 lipo. The voltage cutoff is at the default setting. This happens even on a fresh charge.
CTRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:11 AM   #3814
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRJ View Post
Question for the group...

I just got a used Hyper 10TT and bolted in a new SCT/3800 combo. I'm using the stock 13 tooth pinion. When I run a 3S lipo, the truck will make a few passes up and down the street (at full throttle) and then quit. The steering continues to work but the ESC starts emitting a tone similar to when I turn it on. The truck wont move for several moments and then it will. Am I overheating the ESC? It seems like people are running this combo (3800/3S) without any issues. Any thoughts?
well i ran my mamba max pro, and 3800kv motor a few times, then it got hot cause i was doing offroad with 3s. but it wasnt crazy temps, just around 140 on the esc, motor maybe 120.

now the issue i'm facing is, bad glitching when running 3s. i tried two different brand receivers and nothing. the glitch buster worked, and for a while i moved the wires to the receiver away from the motor wires and help a bit but not really.

now my mamba max pro acts weird sometimes.

it will power on and beep, but wont do the second sequence of beepings to signal its ready. so i took off the battery and put a different one, and still no luck. out of a sudden it will start working again with no issues.

i read somewhere that some high power servos will cause bad glitching when paired with a mamba max pro or similar esc. a glitch buster is the way to go. but bec is better. glitch buster is cheaper.

man i almost wrote a whole essay. lol

by the way, i hooked the mamba max pro to a different motor while it was acting up and it still did the same. 3 different transmitters and then it decided to work again.

and to finish the essay, i built a ramp, did a tripple with the hyper 10 that has the zip tie on the rear arm. lol. it didnt break.

i how ever put huge badlands on it for a change.

then i jumped it 8 foot high and 20 feet across the back yard. landed, and kartwheeled, and the zip tie broke. lol.

i fixed again for the 10th time. lol zip tie after zip tie. i wonder if i can find some metal zip ties.

these arms are strong but weak where the hinge pins ride.

big wheels do help for bashing.
Apocalypse2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:20 AM   #3815
Tech Rookie

Default Norwegian Hyper 10TT

Have had my car for a couple of weeks now. Only driven it once on my clubs outdoor 1/8 scale buggy track. Awesome little bugger this =)
Got a hobbywing SCTpro esc with a tenshock sc411 4000kv. Using 16T pinion and 3s. Thing is surprisingly quick and cool(113F for esc and motor). Can keep up with 1/8 buggys on 5s
Front and rear diffs got Team Ass 10k in them and the center got Team Durango 17500 diff oil.
Broke the front left hub on the first day. So allready ordered the aluminium upgrade. Hope that helps.

https:// imageshack.us/f/268/p1000138o.jpg/

Last edited by scrucky; 07-15-2012 at 05:49 AM.
scrucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:48 AM   #3816
Tech Initiate

alum hubs help alot, the zip tie with shoe goo works great too. i'm having trouble aligning the front wheels after i put the aluminum hubs on. not sure why.

anyhow, i change the hite 985mg servo to a traxxas 2075 one, and the power glitching was gone, i still got some glitching from the spektrum at longer distances.

spektrum gotta be one of the best 2.4 set ups but compared to my cheap flysky gtb3, it really lacks range, the flysky goes as far as i can see and no issues.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:26 PM   #3817
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Howdy guys,

Look what I found!

https://www.integy.com/cgi-bin/webc....5#.UASwgLdhic0
Hengsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:04 PM   #3818
Tech Rookie

Hey Apocalypse, what is this zip tie you're talking about?

I saw you mention it before but can't remember what page...could you explain it to me in case I need to fix whatever it is you're talking about?
rexdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:44 AM   #3819
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexdog View Post
Hey Apocalypse, what is this zip tie you're talking about?

I saw you mention it before but can't remember what page...could you explain it to me in case I need to fix whatever it is you're talking about?
just something i came up with, i get very creative when i wanna have the car running and there's no spare parts.

i'll take a few pics and post it. so i can explain better.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:50 AM   #3820
Tech Initiate

Old 07-17-2012, 03:54 AM   #3821
Tech Initiate

i put the zip tie through the hole, and then added some shoe goo(or what ever strong glue you can get) to keep it form sliding front or back.

i jumped the truck a few time and it never broke, then i got my aluminum hubs and i just replaced it, my other hyper 10 has the same thing and i been running it like that for a while with no issues, ofcourse i never bash that truck, just on road running on 2s.

on the rear arm i did something similar, but it keeps busting the zip tie during bad landings.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:57 AM   #3822
Tech Initiate

went running out at night, and truck pulled hard into the curb at maybe 20mph. did a few kartwheels, the leds shut off, when i went to the body had come almost all the way off, looked really bad. but to my surprise nothing broke or bent.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:36 AM   #3823
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Hay Hyper Group! Just got myself a Hyper tt from a fellow member as a roller. I was wondering what kinda Esc/Motor you guys prefer on it. The truck looks mostly stock besides the rear carriers, front upper brace, ERC motor mount, and cvds all around. A lot of the bearings were shot though. What else is recommended for this little guy? And what shock oil is generally used? Thanks in advance
taco0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:57 PM   #3824
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

Hengsta I have them on mine as well as the upper arms they are great just about to order some front hubs but postage to australia hurts. Anyway just after some advice I changed my diff oils to 5-5-1 and now I get a really loud noise I think from the rear diff just wondering if this is normal? Also I race on carpet off road indoor track
adelaidetoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:09 AM   #3825
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

All sorted thanks
adelaidetoffee is offline   Reply With Quote