R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-07-2012, 01:32 AM   #3646
Tech Fanatic
 
Boadazofa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 980
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

I reckon that would be a good combo, just watch your temps and dont gear it to high!
__________________
Lone Wolf
Boadazofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:01 AM   #3647
Tech Apprentice
 
toronto_rc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 88
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by willied View Post
Hey guys, I just got a 10TT recently and ran it for the first time today.

The pinion sticks out too far so it doesn't completely mesh with the spur. I'm using a Mamba 5700Kv motor. Is there a solution to this?
I had the same problem, so I just used a motor spacer such as this one:

http://philshobbyshop.com/catalog/viewsku?sku=HPI100668

It brings the motor a little further away from the spur allowing you to align the pinion properly.
toronto_rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:41 PM   #3648
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2
Default Noob needs help

Hey, It's been awhile since I have been in the hobby, and even longer that Ive been into electric. Im thinking of getting the Hyper 10tt. If anybody could give me a noobs tips and tricks to the tt that would be fantastic. Also would it be better to get the RTR and upgrade later to brushless, or would it be better to get the roller, buy brushless but have a 27mhz radio. Im trying to stay under 300 so I don't think both are currently an option. Also would the traxxas velinieon be better then the sidewinder sv2 combo? Thanks for the help!
gwatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:54 PM   #3649
Tech Rookie
 
cronmorg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NOLA
Posts: 19
Default from another noob

im runnin the sidewinder sct set in mine with a 17 tooth pinion and she flies on 2s lipo did a quick test on 3s and its insane but im gonna upgrade to the pro so i can run the 3s full time
__________________
Hyper 10-tt
4-TEC E
ECX Torment
cronmorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:04 PM   #3650
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2
Default

In terms of upgrades, is there anything that breaks right off the bat i should watch out for?
gwatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:09 PM   #3651
Tech Rookie
 
cronmorg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NOLA
Posts: 19
Default upgrades off the bat

well right off the bat if you run it hard and heavy like me u will need to replace the steering knuckles with aluminum upgrades from Intergy , then pretty much the front upper control arm shaft plate to aluminum but the rest is upgradable at your discretion but since i have done those upgrades she skates like a dream
__________________
Hyper 10-tt
4-TEC E
ECX Torment
cronmorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #3652
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 24
Default

Well I have finally gotten to use my my tt10 the last few days on the track I am building. I want to run it on the existing track, but the house is going up for sale so I havent had a chance.

I have to say so far... I am very happy with the handling, but not pleased with part quality. The first battery off road, I broke a flange ball screw (part 22012). I have broken a metal part only 1 other time on my other RC's, which are mostly traxxas, so I was pretty annoyed about it. Luckily, ofna is sending me a replacement for free. Maybe it was defective... hopefully.

I am running the aluminum integy front hubs. I wonder if they are putting extra stress on the flange ball?

Well, I was able to rig it up with some of my many spare parts and ran today some, maybe 10 minutes... before my upper front a-arm snapped. I had boiled the parts for 45 minutes. UGH! I've been running mostly traxxas slashes, and the slash modified to a buggy, and I never go through parts like this!! Granted, I do have RPM on the slash, but even the stock stuff was bulletproof compared to my experience so far.

Keep in mind, I look at the glass half full so I am still happy with the truck, I just need to work out the kinks. It handles like a dream. I will keep you updated.

Here is a video from running today. This track is just started so dont worry, it will be nice when its done.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
bjs1785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:14 PM   #3653
Tech Apprentice
 
JRockZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 89
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjs1785 View Post
Well I have finally gotten to use my my tt10 the last few days on the track I am building. I want to run it on the existing track, but the house is going up for sale so I havent had a chance.

I have to say so far... I am very happy with the handling, but not pleased with part quality. The first battery off road, I broke a flange ball screw (part 22012). I have broken a metal part only 1 other time on my other RC's, which are mostly traxxas, so I was pretty annoyed about it. Luckily, ofna is sending me a replacement for free. Maybe it was defective... hopefully.

I am running the aluminum integy front hubs. I wonder if they are putting extra stress on the flange ball?

Well, I was able to rig it up with some of my many spare parts and ran today some, maybe 10 minutes... before my upper front a-arm snapped. I had boiled the parts for 45 minutes. UGH! I've been running mostly traxxas slashes, and the slash modified to a buggy, and I never go through parts like this!! Granted, I do have RPM on the slash, but even the stock stuff was bulletproof compared to my experience so far.

Keep in mind, I look at the glass half full so I am still happy with the truck, I just need to work out the kinks. It handles like a dream. I will keep you updated.

Here is a video from running today. This track is just started so dont worry, it will be nice when its done.
been there done that, next will be a lower A-Arm, to be honest i think boiling made mine weaker. i got sick of replacing the A-Arms, such a pain to do on this thing, especially on your 4th or 5th time in a two week period lol.
Great vid looks good and that track looks like it will be fun when you get it finished up.
JRockZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:19 PM   #3654
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 24
Default

If only RPM would make parts....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRockZ View Post
been there done that, next will be a lower A-Arm, to be honest i think boiling made mine weaker. i got sick of replacing the A-Arms, such a pain to do on this thing, especially on your 4th or 5th time in a two week period lol.
Great vid looks good and that track looks like it will be fun when you get it finished up.
bjs1785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #3655
Tech Addict
 
.AJ.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Basingstoke UK
Posts: 601
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronmorg View Post
well right off the bat if you run it hard and heavy like me u will need to replace the steering knuckles with aluminum upgrades from Intergy , then pretty much the front upper control arm shaft plate to aluminum but the rest is upgradable at your discretion but since i have done those upgrades she skates like a dream

STRC alloy rear hubs are a absolute must IMO
__________________
Losi 5ive T - Bartolone G340 - Hitec 1000 & 845 - MIP Shocks & Brakes + loads more.
TLR 8ight E 4.0 - HW Xerun XR8 Plus - Xerun 2250kv G2 - Protek 170t - IP powered

Spektrum DX4R Pro
.AJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:53 PM   #3656
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 24
Default

Putting my hyper 10-tt on fleabay if anyone is looking for one. I can't race it in my class

Its got the MMP ESC, castle 1410 motor, lots of spare parts, painted body, brand new jconcepts tires, aluminum front hubs, and a servo.

Just needs TX/RX & battery

starting at $399. Its like new, I've had it a couple of weeks. Maybe an hour of run time. Over 500 in the build and spare stuff

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260980575195

Last edited by bjs1785; 03-15-2012 at 06:50 PM.
bjs1785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:46 PM   #3657
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 24
Default

Didnt sell as combo. Selling as roller now.

Its an almost brand new roller, extremely clean, a bunch of spare parts, aluminum integy front hubs, custom painted body. $149.99 plus 20 shipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjs1785 View Post
Putting my hyper 10-tt on fleabay if anyone is looking for one. I can't race it in my class

Its got the MMP ESC, castle 1410 motor, lots of spare parts, painted body, brand new jconcepts tires, aluminum front hubs, and a servo.

Just needs TX/RX & battery

starting at $399. Its like new, I've had it a couple of weeks. Maybe an hour of run time. Over 500 in the build and spare stuff

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260980575195

Last edited by bjs1785; 03-18-2012 at 05:59 PM.
bjs1785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:26 PM   #3658
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 48
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

OK so I've been listening and watching what everyone did for their tt's. Here's my attempt. Mamba Max pro, 3800kv four pole motor 5mm, hi-tech 645mg servo, spektrum receiver, mettal upper plate and braces, mettal rear hub carriers, 15t m1 pinion, 8th scale wing and universals all around. The most underrated truck ever. 2s or 3s cool to the touch and that's with running hard in the street till voltage cut off. Thx for looking.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread-040112172415.jpg   Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread-040112172338.jpg   Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread-040112172310.jpg   Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread-040112172139.jpg   Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread-040112171907.jpg  

budget man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:11 PM   #3659
Tech Rookie
 
cronmorg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NOLA
Posts: 19
Default very cool runnin the same set up

the only dif is went momba monster esc all the other 1/10 scales kept burning up
__________________
Hyper 10-tt
4-TEC E
ECX Torment
cronmorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:30 PM   #3660
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 48
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

This truck is so awesome I bought a second one off CL just for extra parts. Only if more people ran them. Adding toe out in the front makes steering better due to the minor slop. Next project is 150a ezrun in a emaxx.
budget man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:17 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net