Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree48Likes

Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 10:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Default still lookin

for anyone running the side winder system on 3s even though they say not to. been hearing rumors of it not causeinga problem?
Old 03-03-2012, 05:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mister_g
Yes they can be adjusted to take out future slop.
I have a set on my TT and you have to have the smallest amount of play to let everything operate smoothly. Too snug and it binds easily at large steering inputs.

As a recommendation from my experience lightly grease the inserts before screwing in as it makes it a lot easier to avoid a cross thread issue.
Originally Posted by bjs1785
Yes, Mister G is right, if they are too tight they wont move so that will allow you to tighten them if play developes over time
Thanks for the info.
Looks like good add-ons for my 10SC, and maybe the TT too.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Default new machining project for control arms on my tt

here is my new project to cut and mill control arms for the tt seams to be the only part that breaks that u cant get in aluminum im gonna try to change that,tell me what you think! if the lowers work out ill be tryin to make the uppers as well
Attached Thumbnails Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread-100_5636.jpg  
Old 03-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by cronmorg
here is my new project to cut and mill control arms for the tt seams to be the only part that breaks that u cant get in aluminum im gonna try to change that,tell me what you think! if the lowers work out ill be tryin to make the uppers as well
I think those should stay plastic cause you will end up messing other things up its better for those to break than to bend the chassis its kinda like an indie car they shatter into a million pieces to protect the driver some things need to break
Old 03-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by smack a yak
I think those should stay plastic cause you will end up messing other things up its better for those to break than to bend the chassis its kinda like an indie car they shatter into a million pieces to protect the driver some things need to break
Yo man! As you know i had a huge problem with my a-arms breaking, mainly due to my poor driving habbits, or well bashhing habbits, I went through probably 6 sets of arms on mine and you've yet to break one of yours if i remember right,, The Aluminim ones would be sweet but i totally agree at least on the Hyper TT the A-Arms should be flexible and break able or you going to just break other parts!!
But forsure CronMorg keep us updated on what your doing and how things work out,,,, Pics Pics Pics!!! :wink:
Old 03-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys, I just got a 10TT recently and ran it for the first time today. It handles really well and I like it quite a bit. I do have a few questions, though (which I'm sure have been answered, but it's going to take me a while to go through 243 pages). If you could at least refer me to the answer that would be greatly appreciated.

The pinion sticks out too far so it doesn't completely mesh with the spur. I'm using a Mamba 5700Kv motor. Is there a solution to this?

The drivetrain is quite noisy, though I've read this is normal. Any ways to quiet it down a little bit?

I've read some people having durability problems with the plastic. I ran it today and had some decent hits and no breakage so I don't think it will be a big problem, but are there any certain parts I should carry a few extra of?

Any other tips or tricks for this thing?

I would post a picture of mine, but don't have enough posts yet.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by willied
Hey guys, I just got a 10TT recently and ran it for the first time today. It handles really well and I like it quite a bit. I do have a few questions, though (which I'm sure have been answered, but it's going to take me a while to go through 243 pages). If you could at least refer me to the answer that would be greatly appreciated.

The pinion sticks out too far so it doesn't completely mesh with the spur. I'm using a Mamba 5700Kv motor. Is there a solution to this?

The drivetrain is quite noisy, though I've read this is normal. Any ways to quiet it down a little bit?

I've read some people having durability problems with the plastic. I ran it today and had some decent hits and no breakage so I don't think it will be a big problem, but are there any certain parts I should carry a few extra of?

Any other tips or tricks for this thing?

I would post a picture of mine, but don't have enough posts yet.
As for the pinion sticking out to far you should probably post a pic if your using the STOCK pinion, i had a Traxxas Velieneon motor with a robinson gear and 3mm to mod1 sleeve on mine and i had to put my pinion on with the gear part closer to the motor, The Velineon motor i think has a longer shaft though than most other motors, if yours still wont work with the pinion flipped then you will have to make some posts and try and get a pic up.
Yes the A-Arms tend to break easily if your a not so good driver like me lol.
Take your time with it and you should be fine but if your gonna run it hard expect to buy plastic parts often.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Default thanks

thanks rock ill remember thatill just get new plastic ones in stead and keep a few around that bad hit came from i cement cleanout stickin out of the dirt at about 50 mph lol
Old 03-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Tech Rookie

[QUOTE=bjs1785;10407678]My integy billet steering knuckles/hubs came today. Here are a few pictures.

Overall I am pleased, they seem to fit fine, however becareful with the plastic inserts. They have very fine threads and seem like it would be easy to strip. Mine were fine, just be careful if you tend to strip threads. The allen size needed to screw in the plastic is a 5mm.

Ive tried ordering them from integy but for the life of me cant figure out why I cant.Is there a trick to it as I try to add them to the cart it says there in there but when I check out there gone.Ive registered with them aswell.

Cheers Mat.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:59 AM
Tech Initiate

I had no issues making the order

[QUOTE=MatRE;10421618]
Originally Posted by bjs1785
My integy billet steering knuckles/hubs came today. Here are a few pictures.

Overall I am pleased, they seem to fit fine, however becareful with the plastic inserts. They have very fine threads and seem like it would be easy to strip. Mine were fine, just be careful if you tend to strip threads. The allen size needed to screw in the plastic is a 5mm.

Ive tried ordering them from integy but for the life of me cant figure out why I cant.Is there a trick to it as I try to add them to the cart it says there in there but when I check out there gone.Ive registered with them aswell.

Cheers Mat.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:06 AM
Tech Rookie

What are you guys using for servo arms other than stock? I stripped mine today (maybe it's not the right one for my Tower Pro servo). I don't want to pay $10 to buy another stock one.

Last edited by willied; 03-05-2012 at 11:55 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hey all, Im new here and from what I have read over the past few days, this place seems awesome!

First off, my name is Ryan, and I am in Utah.

I want to get back into the hobby after being away for 15 years, and looking around, things sure have changed in 15 years.

I have decided on the Hyper 10TT for sure. It seems like a good starter for an ex-experienced driver that just wants to have fun at the local track and maybe enter a club race or 2 down the road.

I have been reading this thread and it is going to take me forever to get through it all, so I thought I would just ask you all since I might get my answer a bit faster.

I plan on running a 4000mah 2S1P 7.4V 30C and want to set it up with this:

HobbyWing EZRUN Brushless System Combo B4 w/ 60A ESC and 5.5T@6000KV 3650-size Brushless Motor

hobbypartz.com/ez-60a-rc-brushless-car-system.html

Item #:07E-EZRUN-Combo-B4

Will this ESC and motor combo be OK in this vehicle?
I dont need it to be the fastest on the track but I dont want the slowest either. haha

I know how to drive, or at least I used to know how.... so with a little bit of refreshing, Im not too worried about the power.

So yeah, you guys think that combo will work out until I decide if I am going to get really serious again?

Thanks for your time!
Old 03-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by willied
What are you guys using for servo arms other than stock? I stripped mine today (maybe it's not the right one for my Tower Pro servo). I don't want to pay $10 to buy another stock one.
I found another one laying around and made it work. It actually fits the servo better so hopefully it won't strip again. I also found an HPI motor spacer on Tower Hobbies which should fix the pinion sticking out.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morvlorv
Hey all, Im new here and from what I have read over the past few days, this place seems awesome!

First off, my name is Ryan, and I am in Utah.

I want to get back into the hobby after being away for 15 years, and looking around, things sure have changed in 15 years.

I have decided on the Hyper 10TT for sure. It seems like a good starter for an ex-experienced driver that just wants to have fun at the local track and maybe enter a club race or 2 down the road.

I have been reading this thread and it is going to take me forever to get through it all, so I thought I would just ask you all since I might get my answer a bit faster.

I plan on running a 4000mah 2S1P 7.4V 30C and want to set it up with this:

HobbyWing EZRUN Brushless System Combo B4 w/ 60A ESC and 5.5T@6000KV 3650-size Brushless Motor

hobbypartz.com/ez-60a-rc-brushless-car-system.html

Item #:07E-EZRUN-Combo-B4

Will this ESC and motor combo be OK in this vehicle?
I dont need it to be the fastest on the track but I dont want the slowest either. haha

I know how to drive, or at least I used to know how.... so with a little bit of refreshing, Im not too worried about the power.

So yeah, you guys think that combo will work out until I decide if I am going to get really serious again?

Thanks for your time!
i reckon you might need a bigger esc 6000kv motor might be to much for it! It may work for a while but personally i would go for a bigger 120amp esc!

peter
Old 03-06-2012, 10:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Will a tekin rs pro with a tekin 6.5 540 motor work n this truck under racing conditions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.