R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-16-2011, 09:45 AM   #2791
Tech Adept
 
jdegraff57z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkota360 View Post
just put in viper 7.5
How's that combo workin' for ya'?
jdegraff57z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:49 AM   #2792
Tech Master
 
FangsCPO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 1,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCaddict0 View Post
Here she is some new Trencher 2.8's! For BaShIn there great. I wanna ask you guys a ?. I was running the SCT 3800 in the truck on 3s until I got my new wheels. I figured it might be a bit much on the motor with these and 3s. So I installed a Novak 7.5 HV. I picked up a 15t pinion and it seemed to run well. Motor wasnt eben breaking a sweet in the 1/10 on 3s. But 10 mins into the run my new pinion fell off! And ofcourse I couldnt find it for the life of me. Well I had to make a 70 mile round trip to get it. I dont have $25 for another pinion and gas. The only other place I know that has a mod 1 pinion is a toy store/ hobby shop down town. Its 19t thou. Do you guys think 19/45 would be to much? I mean the 7.5 HV is intended for the E Maxx on 4s. So Im wondering if it could handle that high of gearing on 3s in the Hyper.http://
http://
Wow!!! You must be going real fast. I'm running a SC4x 4.5T and MMPro geared at 14/42 and that baby has tons of torque and speed. The temps after a 5 minutes heat are: Motor 110, ESC 90. I'm using a MaxAmps 2S 6500mAh. 60C....but that's still a debate...some say 35C, some say 45C. All I know is this little rig flies.
__________________
Losi 5ive-T - OBR G320RC "Reed" 31.5cc Full Mod
Losi 5ive-T - "2WD PRO2" OBR G290RC 30.5cc Full Mod
Losi 5ive-B - OBR G320RC 31.5cc Full Mod
OBR/TR Core Team Driver
TLR Team Driver
FangsCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:56 AM   #2793
Tech Master
 
FangsCPO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 1,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toiffel View Post
I ran my TT this weekend with RX8/SCX4 5.5 combo, and couldn't be happier, started with a stock esc set up and 12 tooth pinion, and was very dissapointed, but after reading and playing with pinions, ended up with a 17tooth and custom esc profile that rocks!! Ran in on a big outdoor track with the 4wd SC and had a blast !!
I'm running mine with a SC4x 4.5T and MMPro. I just couldn't get a good fit with the RX8. The MMPro is so small, that I just mounted it ontop of the center diff plate. Works for me. I'm geared at 14/42 running on 2S and she flies. It does seem like the front tires are lifting up slightlly....any recommendations to make it be more planted?
__________________
Losi 5ive-T - OBR G320RC "Reed" 31.5cc Full Mod
Losi 5ive-T - "2WD PRO2" OBR G290RC 30.5cc Full Mod
Losi 5ive-B - OBR G320RC 31.5cc Full Mod
OBR/TR Core Team Driver
TLR Team Driver
FangsCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:09 AM   #2794
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 285
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FangsCPO View Post
I'm running mine with a SC4x 4.5T and MMPro. I just couldn't get a good fit with the RX8. The MMPro is so small, that I just mounted it ontop of the center diff plate. Works for me. I'm geared at 14/42 running on 2S and she flies. It does seem like the front tires are lifting up slightlly....any recommendations to make it be more planted?
Play with the diff fluids and shocks, increase the center, this will give the fronts more power... Also play with the shocks a little..
It took me a while to stop wheel spin with the balllistic 6.5 and then when I did I had the front lifting because of the rear traction and the fronts would balloon, so then I figured add weight to the front, this made it nose dive off the jumps.. So I scratched that, but after a few packs of adjusting the springs, shock and diff fluids as well as ride height I got it perfect... Thats most of the fun...
__________________
10TT RSPro/6.5 ballistic proline shox, All CF & Alloy, B44.1 RSPro/7.5x12, FT t4.1 RSPro/8.5 X12 Octa, RC8te CE MMM/2200, RC8be RX8/1900, All have DS1015s. I Also Have 3 planes, 4 Helis, 2 boats , a Ton of cars, & 2 Tamiya tractors in boxes{someday Ill build'em} The kids have matching sv2/1406 4600 powered T4.1's & MMM powered LX1e buggies
turb06le240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:40 AM   #2795
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: geneseo,ny
Posts: 272
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdegraff57z View Post
How's that combo workin' for ya'?
I havent had the time to drive on the track yet,only outside my house. If it ever stops raining here in Ny i will take it out on the track. So far its smoother than the castle sct.
__________________
www.j2rcracing.com /serpent america/desoto racing/Answer RC/Viper RC/jconcepts/AKA/Buku/novarossi/mugen
RIP nation!!!
rtkota360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:05 PM   #2796
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hellas,Athens
Posts: 197
Default HEEEEELP....

Where can I find shims for the suspesion arms and also some pivot ball cups?(like these: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...e-EMXTMX1525-4 - there is too much play with the stock ones...)Or some conical shims?

The shims for the arms will eliminate the play they have.
Please help.
__________________
Hyper Mini STe (with custom chassis - 10TT) Novak 4.5T 550 motor/150A ESC
Phoenix ST
www.youtube.com/TheAL3xGR
AL3xGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:15 PM   #2797
Tech Adept
 
jdegraff57z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkota360 View Post
I havent had the time to drive on the track yet,only outside my house. If it ever stops raining here in Ny i will take it out on the track. So far its smoother than the castle sct.
I'm from Ithaca originally
Looking forward to hear about the Viper stuff in your truck. I've got a 10 and a 10R on it's way. Need to pick up a mod motor with more grunt though. I've only got the 17 & 13.5.
jdegraff57z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:35 PM   #2798
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: geneseo,ny
Posts: 272
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdegraff57z View Post
I'm from Ithaca originally
Looking forward to hear about the Viper stuff in your truck. I've got a 10 and a 10R on it's way. Need to pick up a mod motor with more grunt though. I've only got the 17 & 13.5.
im not to far from Ithaca,if you want a deal on a Viper motor,either a low turn 540 or when the 550 comes out let me know. I'll give ya a deal
__________________
www.j2rcracing.com /serpent america/desoto racing/Answer RC/Viper RC/jconcepts/AKA/Buku/novarossi/mugen
RIP nation!!!
rtkota360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:26 AM   #2799
Tech Elite
 
RCaddict0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: West Virgina
Posts: 3,526
Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)
Send a message via AIM to RCaddict0
Default

Well, Im currently running a MMP and Novak HV 7.5t (3000kv) on 3s geared 18/42. Things pretty darn fast, but I need to gear down a bit. It ran at 105 motor and 110 on the ESC. Im not shure about this gearing. It was chilly yesterday and I think that helped out on the ttemps a good bit. Ignore my above gearing questions. I thought the stock spur was 45t and the only Mod 1 gear that was locally available to me was 19. But I'll see the temps when ever it warms up and quits raining here. Sucks! Its been raining pretty much daily for a month now! I ordered another 15t pinion to change it back out if the temps get to high.
I also have to say that the Hyper is a really fun RC! Im mainly bashin right now. But I cant seem to leave the hyper inside. Things a blast! Handles like a buggy, but takes on the dirt like a truck! I need to ask.... I dont really have parts readily available to me. I like to have back up parts. Expescially with summer around the corner. I'll be out there every day beating my rigs. And parts I should stock up on?
And what weight shock oil and diff oil are you guys using. Like above Im knoticing my front wheels wont stay planted on the ground. I wanna fix this.
__________________
E Maxx Brushless ~ Rustler VXL ~ Rally VXL 1/16
Ruckus Brushless ~ Stampede VXL
* Hobbywing Powered *
RCaddict0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:58 AM   #2800
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 285
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCaddict0 View Post
Well, Im currently running a MMP and Novak HV 7.5t (3000kv) on 3s geared 18/42. Things pretty darn fast, but I need to gear down a bit. It ran at 105 motor and 110 on the ESC. Im not shure about this gearing. It was chilly yesterday and I think that helped out on the ttemps a good bit. Ignore my above gearing questions. I thought the stock spur was 45t and the only Mod 1 gear that was locally available to me was 19. But I'll see the temps when ever it warms up and quits raining here. Sucks! Its been raining pretty much daily for a month now! I ordered another 15t pinion to change it back out if the temps get to high.
I also have to say that the Hyper is a really fun RC! Im mainly bashin right now. But I cant seem to leave the hyper inside. Things a blast! Handles like a buggy, but takes on the dirt like a truck! I need to ask.... I dont really have parts readily available to me. I like to have back up parts. Expescially with summer around the corner. I'll be out there every day beating my rigs. And parts I should stock up on?
And what weight shock oil and diff oil are you guys using. Like above Im knoticing my front wheels wont stay planted on the ground. I wanna fix this.
In my TT parts box I have-- 1 set front upper arms, 3 sets front lower arms, 2 sets rear arms, 2 sets front knuckles, 1 complete wing mount, 1 set of cvd's, 1 complete pin set, 1 front shock tower {I use the carbon fiber ones}, 1 set of body mounts, 1 delrin spur gear, a couple sets of heim joints and rod ends, and a bunch of spare bearings.... But you may also want some of the plastic steering parts, a front upperplate, some rear hubs, and definetly some shock shafts {I use aluminum steering parts and hubs, and have 3.5mm shock shafts because I bent a couple of the stock ones with in a week, but I was learning a new track and the truck}... Oh and a set of wheel nuts wouldnt hurt, they wear out and get lost often..

As far as fluids, Im always changing around, rite now Im 2K rear 2K center 5k front shocks are 30/30 but like I said I run powerstrokes... A few of the guys up here run the blue losi springs, 35 rear 30 front with the rear ofna option pistons...
__________________
10TT RSPro/6.5 ballistic proline shox, All CF & Alloy, B44.1 RSPro/7.5x12, FT t4.1 RSPro/8.5 X12 Octa, RC8te CE MMM/2200, RC8be RX8/1900, All have DS1015s. I Also Have 3 planes, 4 Helis, 2 boats , a Ton of cars, & 2 Tamiya tractors in boxes{someday Ill build'em} The kids have matching sv2/1406 4600 powered T4.1's & MMM powered LX1e buggies
turb06le240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:48 PM   #2801
Tech Master
 
FangsCPO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 1,081
Default

Here's my rig....I hope the pictures work.



__________________
Losi 5ive-T - OBR G320RC "Reed" 31.5cc Full Mod
Losi 5ive-T - "2WD PRO2" OBR G290RC 30.5cc Full Mod
Losi 5ive-B - OBR G320RC 31.5cc Full Mod
OBR/TR Core Team Driver
TLR Team Driver
FangsCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:23 PM   #2802
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: MI
Posts: 645
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Just had a guy contact me about trading my Slash 4x4 for one of these...figure this would be a good place to get some insight on them.

How well do they hold up and are they fun to drive? I haven't seen any 4wd 10th scale truggies at my local track, but they run a lot of open/mod classes so I could probably run it with the 4x4 buggies or short course trucks if I got one.

Also, is there a 17mm conversion for this to run 1/8th scale wheels/tires?
teknic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:48 PM   #2803
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 285
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknic View Post
Just had a guy contact me about trading my Slash 4x4 for one of these...figure this would be a good place to get some insight on them.

How well do they hold up and are they fun to drive? I haven't seen any 4wd 10th scale truggies at my local track, but they run a lot of open/mod classes so I could probably run it with the 4x4 buggies or short course trucks if I got one.

Also, is there a 17mm conversion for this to run 1/8th scale wheels/tires?
Its lighter and more setup towards racing than the slash, Im not sure what a 4wd slash is worth but you can find used tt's for short money, I have one thats pretty nice for $145, so if the slash is worth a lot more, maybe sell it and find a nice used one.
__________________
10TT RSPro/6.5 ballistic proline shox, All CF & Alloy, B44.1 RSPro/7.5x12, FT t4.1 RSPro/8.5 X12 Octa, RC8te CE MMM/2200, RC8be RX8/1900, All have DS1015s. I Also Have 3 planes, 4 Helis, 2 boats , a Ton of cars, & 2 Tamiya tractors in boxes{someday Ill build'em} The kids have matching sv2/1406 4600 powered T4.1's & MMM powered LX1e buggies
turb06le240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:54 PM   #2804
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: MI
Posts: 645
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turb06le240 View Post
Its lighter and more setup towards racing than the slash, Im not sure what a 4wd slash is worth but you can find used tt's for short money, I have one thats pretty nice for $145, so if the slash is worth a lot more, maybe sell it and find a nice used one.
That's true, this Slash is only 2 weeks old so I may just hold off and see if it sells. I may end up just trading him rollers if I did would a VXL system power one of these until I had the money to upgrade to something bigger? It seems like you guys are running some low turn/big motors in them.
teknic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:22 PM   #2805
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 285
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknic View Post
That's true, this Slash is only 2 weeks old so I may just hold off and see if it sells. I may end up just trading him rollers if I did would a VXL system power one of these until I had the money to upgrade to something bigger? It seems like you guys are running some low turn/big motors in them.
Everyone has different preferences for motors, I run a 6.5 ballistic with an rs pro 11t pinion and it flies, my truck is pretty light {Bump machined chassis, a bunch of carbon fiber, ect}, and I tried a couple 550's I prefer the 6.5 540 its a monster.. A friend of mine is running a Tekin rx8 with a tekin sc motor and once Im in front of him he can never get around me, we have raced 5-6 times and he cant catch my truck, he played with gearing and settings, but can not come around me... Although a kid at the track has a havok pro with an lrp octa wind 6.5 and he is the only truck that actually comes down to driver skill, he runs fast BONE STOCK except for steering ball bearings and he is always rite behind me {hasnt came around yet, but we have only raced 3 times}.. Just comes down to preference... I think under 5lbs 540 over 5lbs 550....
__________________
10TT RSPro/6.5 ballistic proline shox, All CF & Alloy, B44.1 RSPro/7.5x12, FT t4.1 RSPro/8.5 X12 Octa, RC8te CE MMM/2200, RC8be RX8/1900, All have DS1015s. I Also Have 3 planes, 4 Helis, 2 boats , a Ton of cars, & 2 Tamiya tractors in boxes{someday Ill build'em} The kids have matching sv2/1406 4600 powered T4.1's & MMM powered LX1e buggies
turb06le240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:32 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net