R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree9Likes

Old 10-24-2010, 11:09 AM   #256
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

i have a sxx with the 6.5 and my wireing is really clean. a gtb in the tt would be alittle on the big side. i would try to find something with a small footprint. a 13.5 in this truggy is going to be abit slow. if you already tryed the 13.5 then you will be really happy with the 6.5. i might latter get the sxx tc that can handle a lower motor and put a 4.5 in it.
carcrazy699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:14 AM   #257
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BOLISARIO

I really do hope this class takes off and other manufacturers take notice and design their own version. It's nice to have choices and a variety of them on the track. The 1/10 truck class needs a refresh.
BOLISARIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:19 AM   #258
Tech Elite

yeah im hoping for the same thing. 10th scale truck needs to be revived and i really think this truck is going to help get it back up there. i have a feeling once other companies see how well this little guy sells they will come out with one also.

over at ocrc there are quite afew of them runing on the track now. i bought one last weekend and went there 2 days after and the rest were gone including the display

im going to try and get to the track monday and tuesday to practice some more and get it ready for racing
Old 10-24-2010, 11:36 AM   #259
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOLISARIO View Post
Why do you need a bec for this application? I use a MMP on my 1/8 buggy and it works fine but when I use another servo for mech brakes or HV servos then an external bec is needed.

You should be fine.
because my car lost power 3x per lap, glitch buster only helped a little and the overall solution for the mmpro on 2s seems to be an external bec, and it really finctioned, drove perfectly after, just the cable salad was horrible. i bought the mmpro thinking that without a high power servo it should be fine but i wasnt.
hoousi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:40 AM   #260
Tech Elite

thats weird you have to use a external bec. there are alot of guys at my track that use that esc and dont have issues with them. have you tryed calling castle about it yet?
Old 10-24-2010, 11:43 AM   #261
Tech Adept

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy699 View Post
i have a sxx with the 6.5 and my wireing is really clean. a gtb in the tt would be alittle on the big side. i would try to find something with a small footprint. a 13.5 in this truggy is going to be abit slow. if you already tryed the 13.5 then you will be really happy with the 6.5. i might latter get the sxx tc that can handle a lower motor and put a 4.5 in it.
im just installing the gtb and keeping in my 6.5 for the moment, fits tightly behind the motor (lrp octa), my want for more power with timing esc or a delta wind is just because i like to have too much power, i'm the type who does not even fully pull the trigger on the straight... probably should change my habits, ill see how it rips on tuesday or wednesday, then ill decide on a final solution (keeping it this way is the cheapest, so if everything runs fine ill stick to it). concerning the footprint, that the reason i like tekin. lrp had a bad batch, all the first sxx version 2 didnt function here (switzerland) and the hobby shop owner gave a guy already 3 escs total in 2 days, all not revving correctly, totally crazy or just really bad luck. Nice to hear yours is running fine.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:46 AM   #262
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy699 View Post
thats weird you have to use a external bec. there are alot of guys at my track that use that esc and dont have issues with them. have you tryed calling castle about it yet?
they told me to use a gltch buster (power cap on esc) because the spektrum sr3000 and mmpro dont like each other according to castle, but that only helped for steering, not for constant throttle power, ill probably gonna contact them again.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:47 AM   #263
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoousi View Post
im just installing the gtb and keeping in my 6.5 for the moment, fits tightly behind the motor (lrp octa), my want for more power with timing esc or a delta wind is just because i like to have too much power, i'm the type who does not even fully pull the trigger on the straight... probably should change my habits, ill see how it rips on tuesday or wednesday, then ill decide on a final solution (keeping it this way is the cheapest, so if everything runs fine ill stick to it). concerning the footprint, that the reason i like tekin. lrp had a bad batch, all the first sxx version 2 didnt function here (switzerland) and the hobby shop owner gave a guy already 3 escs total in 2 days, all not revving correctly, totally crazy or just really bad luck. Nice to hear yours is running fine.
my sxx is the version 1. i always wait to buy the latest electrics for awhile so they can work out the bugs on them. my sxx holds right next to the guys that are running the v2 one in there tt's. i dont see much difference in them but there probably is.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:10 PM   #264
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

wcrc has two of them in the for sale case,one is brand new with parts for 200 and one is new built for 220
mxracer458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 01:21 PM   #265
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxracer458 View Post
wcrc has two of them in the for sale case,one is brand new with parts for 200 and one is new built for 220
cool! i got mine at ocrc for 189. i hope more of these sell to get a nice class going for them
Old 10-24-2010, 05:47 PM   #266
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

So it sounds like quite a few of you are running 540 can motors... How are your temps?

We've got about 10-12 people that have committed to buying TT's. 4x SC fell off big time here and there's never a class so I'm going to be selling my Jammin it looks like.

One of the things we want to do is keep our class a spec class, 540 sized motors and a spec tire for the class so we can get people into the class easily and keep it fair for the people that don't want to invest a lot of money into the new class.

Hopefully this will keep people around and into the class. With 4x SC we had a big class but then a couple of is bought Jammin trucks and Hyper's and all the slash guys quit racing cause they were tired of getting their asses handed to them. Then when there wasn't a huge class people for bored and started selling their trucks and now it's almost impossible to get 3 guys for a class anymore. So we don't want to make the same mistake with the TT. The more people there are for the class the better.

So my main concern is this, the Hyper and the Jammin truck both eat up 540 motors with crazy temps no matter how you gear them and the 550 sized motor is a must. But how is the TT any different? The weight is nearly identical and all of the drivetrain the same as well.

So what are the temps you guys are getting after some warmup laps and a 6 min race? Is it really going to be possible to run a 540 sized motor in these long term?

My other question, has anyone figured out what the offset is on the wheels and what other wheels might work on the truck? Or will stuck in a world of trying to order wheels that aren't really available anywhere.
Dgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:53 PM   #267
Tech Adept

i really hope 1/10 4wd truggy becomes a race class.
racerguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:54 PM   #268
Tech Adept

i had around 50 celsius (120 fahrenheit) on my 6.5 without and 65 (150 fahren) with 22 degree timing, and this on a "hot" lrp with a 13t. i see no heat issues with 540 cans.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:43 PM   #269
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgee View Post
So it sounds like quite a few of you are running 540 can motors... How are your temps?

We've got about 10-12 people that have committed to buying TT's. 4x SC fell off big time here and there's never a class so I'm going to be selling my Jammin it looks like.

One of the things we want to do is keep our class a spec class, 540 sized motors and a spec tire for the class so we can get people into the class easily and keep it fair for the people that don't want to invest a lot of money into the new class.

Hopefully this will keep people around and into the class. With 4x SC we had a big class but then a couple of is bought Jammin trucks and Hyper's and all the slash guys quit racing cause they were tired of getting their asses handed to them. Then when there wasn't a huge class people for bored and started selling their trucks and now it's almost impossible to get 3 guys for a class anymore. So we don't want to make the same mistake with the TT. The more people there are for the class the better.

So my main concern is this, the Hyper and the Jammin truck both eat up 540 motors with crazy temps no matter how you gear them and the 550 sized motor is a must. But how is the TT any different? The weight is nearly identical and all of the drivetrain the same as well.

So what are the temps you guys are getting after some warmup laps and a 6 min race? Is it really going to be possible to run a 540 sized motor in these long term?

My other question, has anyone figured out what the offset is on the wheels and what other wheels might work on the truck? Or will stuck in a world of trying to order wheels that aren't really available anywhere.
my car is coming off the track around 145-155 depending on how hard i drive it. also i have my sxx set on profile 10 which is the highest timming on the esc with a 6.5 and a 11t pinion. my motor hasn't shown any signs of struggleing yet and i doubt it will. i have plenty of torque and speed with the 6.5 and i have gone around 15 min on a 5000mah lipo so far.

this would be a awsome truck to make into a spec class. the stock tires are proline holeshots and work really well for my track. i say one of you guys should buy one and set it up with a 6.5 and each take a turn to see if its what you guys would like to do.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:12 PM   #270
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

if these were intended to run a 540 motor why did ofna make them so you have to run a mod 1 pinion?
whjdm069 is offline   Reply With Quote