R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree9Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-08-2011, 01:42 AM   #2596
Tech Regular
 
jaybird95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bellflower,CA(B-Town)
Posts: 269
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep'N It Cool View Post
Yeah I think I am going to have to save up for a 4.5t 550 Ballistic. I think part of my heat issues is using a 540 can in my TT. LRP has a nice 550 motor too.
Trust me if you really want to keep it cool, you will run the 550 can.
This motor is so easy to control in the air with the brake and the torque it make the truck that much better.
__________________
SC10 4x4 / Tekin RX8 / XP1015 / Pro 4
RC8be / Tekin RX8 / XP1015 / Tekin 1900 Airtronics M11x
jaybird95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:24 AM   #2597
Tech Master
 
Misfit138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northeast, Pa.
Posts: 1,234
Trader Rating: 107 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird95 View Post
Trust me if you really want to keep it cool, you will run the 550 can.
This motor is so easy to control in the air with the brake and the torque it make the truck that much better.
How do you like the LRP ESC?
__________________
RCMK XCR 1200...HYPER MT PLUS NITRO
SAVAGE XS SVT...LOSI LST2
Misfit138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:49 AM   #2598
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: North Texas
Posts: 105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit138 View Post
How do you like the LRP ESC?

I don't have an LRP ESC, I'm running a Xcelerion sensored right, haven't got to race with it yet, but worked pretty good in practice. I also have a MMP that I may put back in, just for the tuneablitity of it. More options to tweak the motor.

Using the Xcelorin rihgt now because it was already soldered to the 6.5t motor I got. GOt the 6.5t Combo set NIB off ebay for $108.00 so I couldn't pass it up.
Keep'N It Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:10 AM   #2599
Tech Master
 
Misfit138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northeast, Pa.
Posts: 1,234
Trader Rating: 107 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep'N It Cool View Post
I don't have an LRP ESC, I'm running a Xcelerion sensored right, haven't got to race with it yet, but worked pretty good in practice. I also have a MMP that I may put back in, just for the tuneablitity of it. More options to tweak the motor.

Using the Xcelorin rihgt now because it was already soldered to the 6.5t motor I got. GOt the 6.5t Combo set NIB off ebay for $108.00 so I couldn't pass it up.
Wow that is too good to pass on. I have MMP I'm going to pair it with the Novak Ballistic 4.5 550. I also like the tuning options of the MMP and have had success with them in the past.
__________________
RCMK XCR 1200...HYPER MT PLUS NITRO
SAVAGE XS SVT...LOSI LST2
Misfit138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:27 AM   #2600
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hellas,Athens
Posts: 197
Default

Which of these bodies, in your opinion, is the best?

http://www.jconcepts.net/store/index...roducts_id=301

http://www.jconcepts.net/store/index...roducts_id=237

http://www.jconcepts.net/store/index...roducts_id=421
__________________
Hyper Mini STe (with custom chassis - 10TT) Novak 4.5T 550 motor/150A ESC
Phoenix ST
www.youtube.com/TheAL3xGR
AL3xGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:20 PM   #2601
Tech Adept
 
LDOstrem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 120
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

The punisher body for sure! kinda has that cab forward thing goin like the TT but its way more stylin.
__________________
Why doesnt anyone makeing desert buggy cage/body's or do I have to fab my own :/
LDOstrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:13 PM   #2602
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Monmouth Beach, NJ
Posts: 1,454
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to vstrok
Default

Attached is the new toy! Got a sick deal, sealed & NIB...
Attached Thumbnails
Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread-photo-1.jpg  
__________________
Ofna GTP2e - Tekin RX8 / Tekin 2250 kv
Ofna Hyper 10SC - MM Pro / Castle 6900 kv
Ofna Hyper 10TT - MM Pro / Tekin SC4X 5.5T
vstrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:34 PM   #2603
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hellas,Athens
Posts: 197
Default

I was thinking of this too but I also like the Illuzion Hi-Flow.
Thanks for your opinion.
__________________
Hyper Mini STe (with custom chassis - 10TT) Novak 4.5T 550 motor/150A ESC
Phoenix ST
www.youtube.com/TheAL3xGR
AL3xGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:04 PM   #2604
Tech Master
 
Misfit138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northeast, Pa.
Posts: 1,234
Trader Rating: 107 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstrok View Post
Attached is the new toy! Got a sick deal, sealed & NIB...
I just ordered one. I see you are in NJ are you going to run at Family Hobbies with this?
__________________
RCMK XCR 1200...HYPER MT PLUS NITRO
SAVAGE XS SVT...LOSI LST2
Misfit138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 04:05 PM   #2605
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Monmouth Beach, NJ
Posts: 1,454
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to vstrok
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb83 View Post
i got the tekin sc4x 5.5 and have a pretty tight motocross style track at my place and i love it!! but what do i know this is my first post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit138 View Post
I just ordered one. I see you are in NJ are you going to run at Family Hobbies with this?
I'm more central. Gonna go north. Where you from?
__________________
Ofna GTP2e - Tekin RX8 / Tekin 2250 kv
Ofna Hyper 10SC - MM Pro / Castle 6900 kv
Ofna Hyper 10TT - MM Pro / Tekin SC4X 5.5T
vstrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:47 PM   #2606
Tech Master
 
Misfit138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northeast, Pa.
Posts: 1,234
Trader Rating: 107 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstrok View Post
I'm more central. Gonna go north. Where you from?
PA about 60 miles north of Philly. Right now Family Hobbies is the only place I know of that has a class of these and they're 117 miles from me.
__________________
RCMK XCR 1200...HYPER MT PLUS NITRO
SAVAGE XS SVT...LOSI LST2
Misfit138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:07 AM   #2607
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Monmouth Beach, NJ
Posts: 1,454
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to vstrok
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit138 View Post
PA about 60 miles north of Philly. Right now Family Hobbies is the only place I know of that has a class of these and they're 117 miles from me.
Track opening in Fairfield, NJ. Seems to be a big class there. They are under the racing thread called "Critters Raceway".
__________________
Ofna GTP2e - Tekin RX8 / Tekin 2250 kv
Ofna Hyper 10SC - MM Pro / Castle 6900 kv
Ofna Hyper 10TT - MM Pro / Tekin SC4X 5.5T
vstrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:48 AM   #2608
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 80
Default

Hay guys, dont really mean to bring this up AGAIN, but dont feel like reading 100 plus pages, so hear it goes,what is the best set up for the rear of the TT, The front seems good, I have 32.5 oil in the front, and 27.5 in the back, But the back of the truck still kicks a bit of the jumps, This thing is so close just trying to get the back from kicking me over (endoing me) any help would be AWSOME, also there is a out door dirt track bout ready to open in Clinton Twp mi, Real nice track and great place to buy rc stuff ,the Hobby shop is open, For info Pm me, and thanks for any help.
jdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:42 PM   #2609
Tech Adept
 
LDOstrem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 120
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawg View Post
Hay guys, dont really mean to bring this up AGAIN, but dont feel like reading 100 plus pages, so hear it goes,what is the best set up for the rear of the TT, The front seems good, I have 32.5 oil in the front, and 27.5 in the back, But the back of the truck still kicks a bit of the jumps, This thing is so close just trying to get the back from kicking me over (endoing me) any help would be AWSOME, also there is a out door dirt track bout ready to open in Clinton Twp mi, Real nice track and great place to buy rc stuff ,the Hobby shop is open, For info Pm me, and thanks for any help.
Im not sure anybody has one that floats perfectly in the air. Im still running stock shock oil and Ive learned to stay on the throttle to a varying degree depending on the jump. But I dont think anybody can tell you exactly what to do since we all carry different weight.
__________________
Why doesnt anyone makeing desert buggy cage/body's or do I have to fab my own :/
LDOstrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:47 PM   #2610
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDOstrem View Post
Im not sure anybody has one that floats perfectly in the air. Im still running stock shock oil and Ive learned to stay on the throttle to a varying degree depending on the jump. But I dont think anybody can tell you exactly what to do since we all carry different weight.
Ya thats kinda what I thought,Im use to driving two wheel 1/10 trucks, just have to learn this truck, Thanks
jdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:14 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net