R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-05-2011, 05:23 PM   #2551
Tech Master
 
koopesv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: A main
Posts: 1,265
Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default

What is the lowest KV motor is being used in these trucks.
__________________
Durango - Speed Passion - Trinity
Gforce Hobbies Raceway
Urban Heat Racing
koopesv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:31 PM   #2552
Tech Elite
 
tedstryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: East Coast like butta toast
Posts: 3,875
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by koopesv View Post
What is the lowest KV motor is being used in these trucks.
4 pole 3800kv is the lowest i would go..
__________________
AGAMA A215E
TLR 22T 2.0
Kyosho RT5
Kyosho RB6.6
tedstryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:17 AM   #2553
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: North Texas
Posts: 105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by koopesv View Post
What is the lowest KV motor is being used in these trucks.
There are a couple guys running the Velineon 3500 at our track and it runs pretty well.
Keep'N It Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:27 AM   #2554
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Quebec, Canada
Posts: 2
Default

I,ve got myself the new 1406 serie 4600Kv motor to run with my Mamaba Max ESC.. I would like to know if somebody else got that setup and which pinion is he running? I know that the 3800Kv runs around 16T pinion and for a 5700kv it would be limit at 11T or 10T to be really safe...I guess my stock 13T pinion should be ok? I tried it inside my appartment but it's no long run..outside it's been raining for a few days and there is still snow at some place...hard to get a good test run...

Thanks!
Patsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:42 AM   #2555
Tech Addict
 
Arigato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 'Vegas Baby!
Posts: 631
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsky View Post
I,ve got myself the new 1406 serie 4600Kv motor to run with my Mamaba Max ESC.. I would like to know if somebody else got that setup and which pinion is he running? I know that the 3800Kv runs around 16T pinion and for a 5700kv it would be limit at 11T or 10T to be really safe...I guess my stock 13T pinion should be ok? I tried it inside my appartment but it's no long run..outside it's been raining for a few days and there is still snow at some place...hard to get a good test run...

Thanks!
I'm running the 1406 4600kv motor with a mamba max pro esc. It's currently running a 14t pinion and comes off the track at 150 after 10min. I will be dropping to a 13 as the weather heats up here in the desert.
__________________
Dog House Racing
XRay XB8E
XRay XB4
XRay XB2
XRay T4'17
Arigato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:45 AM   #2556
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Monmouth Beach, NJ
Posts: 1,454
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to vstrok
Default

Castle SCT setup even competitive?
__________________
Ofna GTP2e - Tekin RX8 / Tekin 2250 kv
Ofna Hyper 10SC - MM Pro / Castle 6900 kv
Ofna Hyper 10TT - MM Pro / Tekin SC4X 5.5T
vstrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:12 AM   #2557
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 49
Default

Hyper 10 TT Roller F/S
__________________
www.thunderrcraceway.com
Team Orange
Bonus Lap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:52 AM   #2558
Tech Elite
 
tedstryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: East Coast like butta toast
Posts: 3,875
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstrok View Post
Castle SCT setup even competitive?
yes....driver mod also helps...
__________________
AGAMA A215E
TLR 22T 2.0
Kyosho RT5
Kyosho RB6.6
tedstryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:07 AM   #2559
Tech Elite
 
-R2-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: So Cal.
Posts: 2,268
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

6.5 Velocity motor in mine.
__________________
SOAR SEIKI 998,Truggy, Buggy and Electric
Flashpoint Fuel/Savox/
-R2- PAINTS/PRO-LINE RACING/AIRTRONICS
-R2- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:10 AM   #2560
Tech Elite
 
heavyjeffd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,798
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

New lid for the TT courtesy of Jim Myers (Winning Edge Designs)

__________________
Huge thanks to my sponsors!
Team Associated | Pro-line | Avid | VP Powermaster
heavyjeffd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:20 AM   #2561
Tech Regular
 
jaybird95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bellflower,CA(B-Town)
Posts: 269
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by koopesv View Post
What is the lowest KV motor is being used in these trucks.
Novak 550 4.5 ballistic and it has great control.
Oh 15t pinion.
__________________
SC10 4x4 / Tekin RX8 / XP1015 / Pro 4
RC8be / Tekin RX8 / XP1015 / Tekin 1900 Airtronics M11x
jaybird95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:22 AM   #2562
Tech Elite
 
tedstryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: East Coast like butta toast
Posts: 3,875
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyjeffd View Post
New lid for the TT courtesy of Jim Myers (Winning Edge Designs)

that's bad-a.s.s..
__________________
AGAMA A215E
TLR 22T 2.0
Kyosho RT5
Kyosho RB6.6
tedstryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:27 AM   #2563
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Indy
Posts: 50
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I saw someone ask if the T4 body would fit the TT. Looks like the front will fit but you would have to hack off the rear of the body just before the shock tower. The rear shock humps are about an inch more forward than the TT body. Anyone got a RC10GT body to see if it would fit? The GTs shock tower is further back than the T4.
__________________
Chad
Indy
FTSC10, T4,B4,Hyper 10SC and TT
Savage FLMx and Flux FLM
Indyslots.com
chadsrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:53 AM   #2564
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sherman Tx
Posts: 214
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadsrt View Post
I saw someone ask if the T4 body would fit the TT. Looks like the front will fit but you would have to hack off the rear of the body just before the shock tower. The rear shock humps are about an inch more forward than the TT body. Anyone got a RC10GT body to see if it would fit? The GTs shock tower is further back than the T4.
The T4 body does fit and allows alot more clearance for motor fans and larger ESC's. Here are some pics of mine with the T4 body. I had to move the front body mounts up on the shock tower.



__________________
Hyper 10SC
Team Terribles, Mike's Hobby Shop Carrolton Tx.
Up and coming factory team driver
slowslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:13 PM   #2565
Tech Champion
 
tobamiester's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tea drinking Limmey in NJ
Posts: 9,648
Trader Rating: 279 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to tobamiester Send a message via Yahoo to tobamiester
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowslug View Post
The T4 body does fit and allows alot more clearance for motor fans and larger ESC's. Here are some pics of mine with the T4 body. I had to move the front body mounts up on the shock tower.



Interesting. Wonder how the PL Bulldog for T4 would look/fit on the TT ?
tobamiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:54 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net