R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree9Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-22-2010, 07:05 PM   #241
Tech Elite
 
carcrazy699's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,465
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

i think if your just going to bash around to get this as long as you can get parts for it. very fun little truck and can take a beating so far.

here in socal they are starting a class for them and its awsome. i havent joined that class yet since its mainly drivers from ofna along with afew locals that are really good lol. once i get mine set alittle more then i will join the racing scene with this truck
carcrazy699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:38 AM   #242
Tech Master
 
BOLISARIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: S. Corona
Posts: 1,762
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BOLISARIO
Default

Took the TT to the track for the first time and was pleasantly surprised on how awesome this little truggy can handle. Just needs some suspension tweaks and it's perfect.


Got any tips to help it rotate better under braking on a tight hairpin turn?
BOLISARIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:44 AM   #243
Tech Regular
 
Slash65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kent, WA
Posts: 315
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Thumbs up My Next Addition

I found this thread the other day and have subscribed and following it daily. I think I have found the next addition to my garage

Until I am able to get it, I will be following this for all of the tips and tricks everyone would like to share...

Awesome looking truggy
__________________
HoBao Hyper 10 TT
Sanwa MX-V
HobbyWing XeRun V2.1
Dynamite 6.5T
Slash65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:08 PM   #244
Tech Elite
 
carcrazy699's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,465
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOLISARIO View Post
Took the TT to the track for the first time and was pleasantly surprised on how awesome this little truggy can handle. Just needs some suspension tweaks and it's perfect.


Got any tips to help it rotate better under braking on a tight hairpin turn?
whats your front toe in at? i have mine set to 1-1.5 and it does really good around tight corners. i run mine at ocrc and it corners like its on rails with the stock holeshots.
carcrazy699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:35 PM   #245
Tech Master
 
BOLISARIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: S. Corona
Posts: 1,762
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BOLISARIO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy699 View Post
whats your front toe in at? i have mine set to 1-1.5 and it does really good around tight corners. i run mine at ocrc and it corners like its on rails with the stock holeshots.
Mine was stock with what looks like 1.5-2 out.
BOLISARIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:42 PM   #246
Tech Elite
 
carcrazy699's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,465
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOLISARIO View Post
Mine was stock with what looks like 1.5-2 out.
have you tryed more camber? i have mine set for ocrc at 1.5 front and 2 rear. also have the shocks set on the front on the outter hole on the tower and outter hole on the arma dn the rear is stock on tower and middle arm.

i also put a small washer under the ball on the knuckles for the steering

forgot to ask where do you run it at?
carcrazy699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 03:35 PM   #247
Tech Master
 
???E-Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Owensboro,Ky
Posts: 1,743
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoousi View Post
there are a few guys at the new indoor track who bought the blasts as 1/10 cars due to them being cheap, they are only wrenching angrily, u cant turn once without breaking something or accelerate without the speedo burning up. All will or already have bought another car. whatever u get, dont get a blast, waste of money.
I guess the Thunder Tiger version would be the same thing then.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread-thunder-tiger-10th-e-truggy.jpg  
__________________
Novak, Viper, LRP
4wd Slash Platinum,4WD SC10,Stock Slash Latemodel Oval,Losi Slider,E-firestorm Bomber, Team Terribles,www.rkhobbies.com,GOLFLAND USA
???E-Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 03:41 PM   #248
Tech Elite
 
carcrazy699's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,465
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

hmmmm looks like that the tt might have a competitor
carcrazy699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 06:16 PM   #249
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Great Falls, MT
Posts: 1,001
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

I'll be running mine against 1/8 nitro truggies because we don't have a class for this to fall into. Does anyone think I will stand a chance. I got 5700/sidewinder and we're running on a pretty large outdoor track. I hope this is faster than my Hyper 10SC.
Cody01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 06:31 PM   #250
Tech Elite
 
carcrazy699's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,465
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody01 View Post
I'll be running mine against 1/8 nitro truggies because we don't have a class for this to fall into. Does anyone think I will stand a chance. I got 5700/sidewinder and we're running on a pretty large outdoor track. I hope this is faster than my Hyper 10SC.
you might get your butt handed to you. im not familiar with the sidewinders but i am with nitro and some of those truggies can fly. just make sure you are geared good and your batts are at there peak. you might have a advantage since your smaller and lighter than the truggies.

let us know how it goes! im curious to know also
carcrazy699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 07:10 PM   #251
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Great Falls, MT
Posts: 1,001
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy699 View Post
you might get your butt handed to you. im not familiar with the sidewinders but i am with nitro and some of those truggies can fly. just make sure you are geared good and your batts are at there peak. you might have a advantage since your smaller and lighter than the truggies.

let us know how it goes! im curious to know also
Ya, I'm alittle concerned. In the SC class I can hold my own against SC8s but I have to be on my toes for sure. I've been at a disantange all year anyway because all I have right now is cheap ass batteries with about 300+cycles on them. Next year I'll be starting out fresh with 6 new Lipos. Those nitro 1/8 truggies are pretty insane fast. I like being at somewhat of a disadvantage because it really keeps my driving skills up. When you have a super premium race truck that has lots of power and handles very well a driver can get spoiled and not be required to keep skill levels at 100%.
Cody01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 07:12 PM   #252
Tech Elite
 
kman16jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tampa,Fl.
Posts: 4,005
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

I raced intermediate truggy last year and now race pro truggy and have to say truggy racing is easy,but the hard part is working through traffic to move the number 1 spot.
__________________
Kevin Welfley
AE rc8b3-AE rc8b3e-AE b64d-AE b6d-AE b6
Sponsors:|DDHrc|Team Trinity|Jconcepts|Rc Adiction Products|NitroPro Fuel|M2c racing|Ultimate racing engines|Highest servos|Bellgate Distibutors|
kman16jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 07:19 PM   #253
Tech Elite
 
carcrazy699's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,465
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman16jr View Post
I raced intermediate truggy last year and now race pro truggy and have to say truggy racing is easy,but the hard part is working through traffic to move the number 1 spot.
this is very true. i love running truggy class cause it is easy for me and im so used to 4wd. im not a huge buggy fan but do like them but not as much as my truggy.

the reason i got this little guy is because its different than the norm you see at all the tracks and when i saw afew of them race i wanted badly so now i have one.

the funnest part for me is being in the 4wd class with buggies and holding right next to them the whole race
carcrazy699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:24 AM   #254
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 184
Default

I'm able to hang with the experienced guys running 4x4 buggies with my truggy, its very forgiving and the center diff really plays out well.
but i'm hating my mmpro, with the external bec and glitch buster its a real cable salad and yesterday the bec cable loosened it to the spur, now im thinking about sticking it into my sc10 which has more space, maybe the internal bec is good enough for a 13.5 and put my gtb in with a gm delta wind motor or get a tekin rs pro and stick to the 6.5, what would you suggest? Come on castle, the bec is not good enough for a 625mg servo, thats ridiculous!
hoousi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:07 AM   #255
Tech Master
 
BOLISARIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: S. Corona
Posts: 1,762
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BOLISARIO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoousi View Post
I'm able to hang with the experienced guys running 4x4 buggies with my truggy, its very forgiving and the center diff really plays out well.
but i'm hating my mmpro, with the external bec and glitch buster its a real cable salad and yesterday the bec cable loosened it to the spur, now im thinking about sticking it into my sc10 which has more space, maybe the internal bec is good enough for a 13.5 and put my gtb in with a gm delta wind motor or get a tekin rs pro and stick to the 6.5, what would you suggest? Come on castle, the bec is not good enough for a 625mg servo, thats ridiculous!
Why do you need a bec for this application? I use a MMP on my 1/8 buggy and it works fine but when I use another servo for mech brakes or HV servos then an external bec is needed.

You should be fine.
BOLISARIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:56 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net