Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree48Likes

Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 02:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I'm thinking about getting one of these trucks too. Anybody have the RTR models and if so, how good are the electronics?
Old 02-10-2011, 03:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by secoweco
I'm thinking about getting one of these trucks too. Anybody have the RTR models and if so, how good are the electronics?
Had the weather not delayed it I would have mine today and could let you know something. I do plan on a motor upgrade later on though.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

hi guys how r u?

I have pick up a 1/10th hyper tt pro to have bit of fun with and some occasional racing. I install an lrp sphere comp esc with a 6.5t motor.
I have reset speedy to the 3pk controller and all works good.
The problem is i have set the punch control to the lowest and apply alot of -expo on the throttle and it still accellerates pretty hard of the mark with the slightest input. which i think will put alot of stress on the driveline. aswell as make it pretty hard to drive in slippery conditions! At first i thought the speedy hadn't calibrated properly so i reset it again and put in the nuetral point, full throttle and full brake points again. But it is still the same!

Does anyone here know any tricks with the 3pk to tame it down a bit or is this how it is with these new generation electric buggy/truggy when they dont have slipper clutches?

the only way i can think of is to put a bigger pinion on and reduce the top speed
at the moment it has the std 13t pinion.

thank for any help or advice you can give me!
Old 02-10-2011, 09:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

thought this thread could use some pics so here I go,

got this little gem in yesterday

And took the front end apart for a nice plastic suspension soup lol

any special recipes?
Old 02-10-2011, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Is there something wrong with it?
Old 02-10-2011, 09:57 PM
Tech Adept

Nothing wrong, just boiling the pieces strengthens them apparently...

Oh I switched out the steering rack bushings for Avid bearings too and feels like butter

Old 02-10-2011, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Oh cool! I used to boil my suspension parts too. But to correct you, it actually softens the plastic so it's not so brittle. That way it will flex more when a force is applied to it.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by macnkitty2002
Oh cool! I used to boil my suspension parts too. But to correct you, it actually softens the plastic so it's not so brittle. That way it will flex more when a force is applied to it.

haha I meant to say that duh
Old 02-11-2011, 07:21 AM
Tech Adept

Could someone post the exact length and width of the Hyper 10 TT's chassis?
I don't want the dimensions ofna has in their site.(the don't measure chassis...)
Old 02-11-2011, 09:00 AM
Tech Adept

I ask because I want to convert my mini ste to hyper 10 tt.Anyone?
Old 02-11-2011, 09:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AL3xGR
Could someone post the exact length and width of the Hyper 10 TT's chassis?
I don't want the dimensions ofna has in their site.(the don't measure chassis...)
I measure it at 12 15/16" from tip to tip not including the bumpers.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Boadazofa
hi guys how r u?

I have pick up a 1/10th hyper tt pro to have bit of fun with and some occasional racing. I install an lrp sphere comp esc with a 6.5t motor.
The problem is i have set the punch control to the lowest and apply alot of -expo on the throttle and it still accellerates pretty hard of the mark with the slightest input. which i think will put alot of stress on the driveline. aswell as make it pretty hard to drive in slippery conditions! At first i thought the speedy hadn't calibrated properly so i reset it again and put in the nuetral point, full throttle and full brake points again. But it is still the same!

Does anyone here know any tricks with the 3pk to tame it down a bit or is this how it is with these new generation electric buggy/truggy when they dont have slipper clutches?

the only way i can think of is to put a bigger pinion on and reduce the top speed

You have to put on a bigger pinion. I have a similar setup and I'm up at a 17t pinion....
Old 02-11-2011, 10:03 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Actually going up in pinion size will actually increase your top speed but it will calm down the bottom end. If you want to remove some top end just dial down your throttle top end end point on your radio. Those 2 things should work for you!
Old 02-11-2011, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

hi guys how r u?

Punch control should be at a higher setting if you want less punch off the line. Thats how it works on the Castle software anyways.

And a bigger pinion will give you more top speed. Not less.
As for "calming" down the bottom end, it wont help a lot unless we're talking 6-10 teeth. Electric motors have a lot of instantaneous torque as we all know.

Try upping your punch control and leave your throttle end point. Should be good after that.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

If your radio has curves, just put a negative throttle curve in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.