Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread

Like Tree48Likes

Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pkal
Guys, my TT is inbound....

Any advice on pinion gear size for the TT running Sidewinder SCT combo on 2S? I'll be bashing and not racing. Does 16T sound about right?

Also do the 10SC CVD's and Center Drive Shafts fit a TT?
16T is likely going to be about perfect. I run a 15T in my heavier 10SC and it doesn't even get very warm. With the 15T it's ballistic fast on our small indoor track.

The CVDs are the same. I know either both, or at least the rear center drive shafts isn't the same length.

-melon
Old 01-20-2011, 08:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello everyone, I just installed the electronics on my TT and when I turn right the wheels go left and vice versa. Does anyone what could be wrong? Thank you.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vigilante1
Hello everyone, I just installed the electronics on my TT and when I turn right the wheels go left and vice versa. Does anyone what could be wrong? Thank you.
Reverse the steering servo, there should be a switch or setting on your transmitter.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

no you just have to turn the controller upside down haha yes just reverse the servo just started working on my hyper tt today alot smaller than i thought novak 550 4.5 looks huge installed
Old 01-20-2011, 10:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Just got back from my first time out and holy shit! this rig is fun to drive, I <3 4WD

Old 01-21-2011, 09:49 AM
Tech Adept

Default Some tips

Originally Posted by DirtyCookieX
Just got back from my first time out and holy shit! this rig is fun to drive, I <3 4WD

I changed the diff oils 5-5-2. Carbon fiber shock towers, center plate carbon and front center plate carbon. Everything esle is the same. Don't bother with the aluminum upgrades. Its only gonna put more weight on the truck. Lighter = faster!!!

Another upgrades was that special motor mount. Any question feel free to ask.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by angrymelon
16T is likely going to be about perfect. I run a 15T in my heavier 10SC and it doesn't even get very warm. With the 15T it's ballistic fast on our small indoor track.

The CVDs are the same. I know either both, or at least the rear center drive shafts isn't the same length.

-melon
Running stock. Its fast enough where I race.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayRC66
I changed the diff oils 5-5-2. Carbon fiber shock towers, center plate carbon and front center plate carbon. Everything esle is the same. Don't bother with the aluminum upgrades. Its only gonna put more weight on the truck. Lighter = faster!!!

Another upgrades was that special motor mount. Any question feel free to ask.
is it the Elite RC mount? that thing sure does look nice!

Where did you end up mounting your esc? Where I have mine now, I thought I was going to have clearence issues with the steering arm hitting the esc. So I ended playing around with serving horn and sort of reversed it if you can tell in my pic...
Old 01-21-2011, 12:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fleshgearf150
Id be curious to see if maybe the shocks were assembled incorrectly at the factory. Because even landing to flat off a 10 foot jump shouldnt create enough force from the springs pushing on the shock collar to strip the shock body threads. That just doesnt make any sense. IDK id look into that for sure.

It wasnt the spring retainer that stripped it was the cap. The cap to shock body threads. The way you are thinking about it i would agree with you thats hard to do, but thats not what happened. I belive it was pulled aprt during one of my world famous cartwheels i perform during almost every single race.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Originally Posted by slowslug
It wasnt the spring retainer that stripped it was the cap. The cap to shock body threads. The way you are thinking about it i would agree with you thats hard to do, but thats not what happened. I belive it was pulled aprt during one of my world famous cartwheels i perform during almost every single race.
I have beat the hell out of my TT and never had any problems with the shocks. It must of been cross threaded or something.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jaybird95
I have beat the hell out of my TT and never had any problems with the shocks. It must of been cross threaded or something.
Nope wasnt cross threaded i have changed the shock oil atleast 6 times. i am a mechanic by trade so im sure i would haave know it was cross threaded the minute i put the cap on. U never force threads.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:29 PM
Tech Regular

My front caps are blown as well. I used some Teflon tape on the threads which bought me some time with them, but they are done now.

I would imagine that many having problems with them are also those nose diving more than others. Also, I would imagine that many having problems nose diving are relatively new drivers, or just recently getting back into things such as myself.

When I had my controller over to KJ...my nose diving issues magically go away. and , as well as
Old 01-21-2011, 04:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slowslug
Nope wasnt cross threaded i have changed the shock oil atleast 6 times. i am a mechanic by trade so im sure i would haave know it was cross threaded the minute i put the cap on. U never force threads.
Originally Posted by iThinman
My front caps are blown as well. I used some Teflon tape on the threads which bought me some time with them, but they are done now.

I would imagine that many having problems with them are also those nose diving more than others. Also, I would imagine that many having problems nose diving are relatively new drivers, or just recently getting back into things such as myself.

When I had my controller over to KJ...my nose diving issues magically go away. and , as well as
the more i read on and on in thise thred with all these odd issues that people are having makes me wonder
we have a decent size crowd with them around here and have had no issues ......
Old 01-21-2011, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeffrobmx
the more i read on and on in thise thred with all these odd issues that people are having makes me wonder
we have a decent size crowd with them around here and have had no issues ......
The only problem part is the tire foams. They get like mashed potatoes
Old 01-22-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Adept

Default Closed Cell Inserts 1/0 truggy foams

Originally Posted by Cappy
The only problem part is the tire foams. They get like mashed potatoes
PROLINE Racing has the come out with Closed Cell 1/0 truggy tires. Check it out their website.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.