Wiki Posts
Search

Decisions decisions: rc8be, 8ight e 2.0 or koyosho mp9e

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 05:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Decisions decisions: rc8be, 8ight e 2.0 or koyosho mp9e

I am getting back into the hobby and am trying to decide what to get between the 3 mentioned above. I realize its mostly preference and driving style, but is there a considerable difference between the three? The Rc8be is around $400, the 8ight e 2.0 is going to go for about $600 when it comes out and the mp9e is over $1000. Is it really worth spending the extra money for the ladder two?
Old 09-21-2010, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by currentking
I am getting back into the hobby and am trying to decide what to get between the 3 mentioned above. I realize its mostly preference and driving style, but is there a considerable difference between the three? The Rc8be is around $400, the 8ight e 2.0 is going to go for about $600 when it comes out and the mp9e is over $1000. Is it really worth spending the extra money for the ladder two?
it all depends on your driving style
Old 09-21-2010, 07:10 PM
Tech Rookie

No one is really going to be able to tell you which is better or worse and most will be opinionated for which buggy they drive.

I also just got back into the hobby and was faced with the same decision. I went with the RC8Be and alot of my decision came from the price. Although when looking at the total price spent (buggy, Motor, ESC, Radio, Transponder, etc.) being over $1k, $100 difference between the 8ight and the RC8Be doesn't seem to really matter that greatly. All three set up correctly are great cars and in the hands of the right driver are all succesfull on the track.

Another thing to take into account which im sure you have heard is, does your local track or hobby shop carry parts. Then again most online shops can have parts to your door in 2 days. Good luck on your decision and welcome back to the sport!
Old 09-21-2010, 07:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TMoose02
No one is really going to be able to tell you which is better or worse and most will be opinionated for which buggy they drive.

I also just got back into the hobby and was faced with the same decision. I went with the RC8Be and alot of my decision came from the price. Although when looking at the total price spent (buggy, Motor, ESC, Radio, Transponder, etc.) being over $1k, $100 difference between the 8ight and the RC8Be doesn't seem to really matter that greatly. All three set up correctly are great cars and in the hands of the right driver are all succesfull on the track.

Another thing to take into account which im sure you have heard is, does your local track or hobby shop carry parts. Then again most online shops can have parts to your door in 2 days. Good luck on your decision and welcome back to the sport!
Thanks. I totally understand what you are saying. I am not looking for someone to tell m which is best, but if the losi and the koyosho are made that much better justifying the price. Thanks again for the coments and I am glad to come back.