Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Noobie here

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 12:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cool Noobie here

Sup every one, I'm new here. I got a 98' RC10T3, and plan on getting it back into running order again. Last time i raced was four years ago, first race of the season and when i landed the first jump my rear lock nuts fell off
That was pretty much how i felt, but then again i was just in 8th grade then. I'm older now with a job other than a paper route. So, any body here thinks the o'l T3 would still be a solid contender or do you suggest on buying the latest T4 for electric off-road trucks?
Old 06-24-2004, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

Go with the MF2.
Old 06-24-2004, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I still race my T3 and I feel that it is still a solid truck. Also, as far as I can tell, the T3 is much more durable than a T4. The Losi XXX-T MF might be a little easier to drive and has moderate durability.
Old 06-24-2004, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Default Thread names

The vague thread titles here are getting a little out of hand. Please include something relevant to the topic, so people will know what the thread is about before clicking on it.
Old 06-28-2004, 05:56 PM
Tech Adept

I run the MF1, its a great truck.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

If this was a buggy the differences in the B4 and XXX are alot different than the losi and the T4.
The T4 while agressive is also harder to drive on pretty much ANY surface.The truck itself is very edgy meaning it kinda feels on edge while driving and hard to push the truck without taking it over it's breaking point.Fast but alot of guys are INSTANTLY faster with a losi due to being more stable,more predictible and more consistant.Expecially in modified racing using modified motor's 10-19 turns.The trucks turn about the same and with the new tranny they both are just as fast as one another.For about $30.00-50.00 depening on where you purchase you get ALOT more stuff for the money.If you EVER get a FTT4 make sure you purchase a Regular composite chassis and rear bulkhead.Makes the FT version ALOT easier to drive.All graphite Associated offroad cars are hard to drive due to being TOOO rigid.But I have raced both trucks for quite some time and the losi wins hands down on pretty much EVERY surface.I have been in this off and on for 15 yrs and while I can be fast with a T4 it's alot pickier on how you drive it and you have to be a very good driver to make it hold it's line sometimes.
While the associated tranny is the BEST out you will LOVE the ease and performance of Losi Shocks.GOodluck but I would be going losi.
P.S.TO ANYONE using a losi do NOT use losi lubes.They pretty much suck.Use associated clear diff grease for the balls and diff and then associated black grease for the thrust.
If you wanna do up the shocks disassemble the shock cartridges with care and green slime the shock seals with factory team green slime from associated.Their clear diff grease is 10x's better and the diff will last longer.
Goodluck to all racing and have fun.
Les
Old 06-30-2004, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

If your just getting back into racing run the old truck until your confident enough that you can compete. Then sink the money into a new truck.