Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
refurbishing tamiya audi quattro rally 58036 >

refurbishing tamiya audi quattro rally 58036

refurbishing tamiya audi quattro rally 58036

Old 09-16-2010, 08:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Default refurbishing tamiya audi quattro rally 58036

hi guys -
so i was packing up stuff from my old house when my mom retired, and came across this beauty that I owned as a kid in mid-1980s.
Its in pretty much excellent condition, just a few minor scrapes on it. I dont think it needs anything except a spot of lube and new batteries. Even found the original box it came in.

(I also had the tamiya holiday buggy btw, found that one too

Had a quick question about batteries before I fire it up. The AA's for the transmitter/receiver thankfully havent changed a bit -- but what about the 7.2v 1200mah battery pack for the audi? I took a quick look on ebay and noticed the tamiya batteries are all above 3800mah or so now. Is it okay to just plug those in directly? Will I blow a fuse? Are the tamiya battery connectors the same?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks! I'll post video of it scooting around my living room if I can get it to work with just new batteries

Incidentally i'm almost definitely putting both up for sale soon as I clean them off and get the nostalgia out of my system

Good times, great memories. My friend across the street had a wild willy. We would set up elaborate little race courses in his driveway