throttle curves

Old 09-14-2010, 10:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default throttle curves

is there a "throttle curves for dummies" out there??

i want to learn how to change a throttle curve.
my castle is at a stock setting. not sure what moving that curve does.. i mean, i know what it does but i dont know how to do it properly
Old 09-17-2010, 11:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I don't use the curve i use 1 piont linear. I spike it up a bit at very begining then it's norm after that. Get's rid of more of the dead area around neutral . I don't ever crawl so I don't care if there is much crawl control , that gives me more mid to high control " trigger " Wish there was a guide on ESC settings mamba punch control is usally seen as PUNCH when it's less punch. mambas guide is poor at best . Plenty of 10yr olds could give you more info in 5 mins.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

By any chance do you have a radio that has exponential adjustment? It would probably be preferred over changing the curve on the speedo because you would be able to adjust it a lot faster when it felt too slow or too fast depending on track conditions.
If not, that's cool. But you may want to just call Castle.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

I use throttle curves in the new Kinetic. I have been using EXPO in my radio for a long time. With high powered vehicles you need to improve control. By using negative exponetial you will have more thottle at lower power levels which helps control in slow speed areas. You still get the full power at 100% throttle.

With the new ESCs allow you to tune the curve much more. With traditional expo you get a very poor low throttle response sometimes. Shaping the curve more like an "S" can provide the mid range control for corners, Full throttle power and low speed responsiveness.

In the end it is about feel. Each driver seeks a feel of the throttle that suites them. Throttle control is the key to better racing.