Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Associated Slipper Adjustment help (wont tighten up) >

Associated Slipper Adjustment help (wont tighten up)

Associated Slipper Adjustment help (wont tighten up)

Old 09-15-2010, 11:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wheezy
Ya, just going to replace the pads. I think there was some grease or oil or something on the metal. Everything looks fine, but pads are cheap. The nut is not coming loose, everything just slips.

Thanks for the info guys, very much appreciated.
you're in OC, go to west coast tonight and ask the ae boys for some help....it's easier to find the problem in person rather than over the internet.
I set my slipper so it just starts to lift the front wheels, but is doesn't always lift the front like it does with a b4
I also clean off the aluminum slipper hubs with motor spray before assembly
Old 09-15-2010, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Did you test the diff before you installed? I have a tool that slips into each outdrive and then you see if you can turn the diff gear, if you can easily it is too loose. If the diff isn't built correctly, you can tighten the nut down all the way but it still won't be tight internally.

Hold onto each rear wheel, and then with your thumb; try to turn the spur gear forward. If the slipper is set correctly it should be difficult to turn. Also hold the right rear wheel and spur gear and see if you can turn the left wheel and axles forward, if you can; diff is loose. Lastly, have you checked to make certain the pins in the axles are both seated in the rear wheels completely and not spinning in the rear wheels?
Old 09-15-2010, 12:06 PM
Tech Addict

make sure u clean the slipper plates with motor spray before u install them. mine were lightly coated with oil.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:10 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by wheezy
Ya, just going to replace the pads. I think there was some grease or oil or something on the metal. Everything looks fine, but pads are cheap. The nut is not coming loose, everything just slips.

Thanks for the info guys, very much appreciated.

Just clean the pads off with a X-knife by scraping the shine off...

Adjust the slipper so you have two to three threads showing above the lock nut .

Run car and break in the pads first !

Then adjust slipper if needed...
Old 09-15-2010, 01:53 PM
Tech Champion

Never mind, apparently reading is fundamental!
Old 09-15-2010, 10:57 PM
Tech Adept

cleaned metal and replaced pads... works perfectly. I didn't clean the metal before assembly and assume that was the problem.

Truck is done and ready to race. Gonna try to race Friday night somewhere. Heard the new layout at west coast is fun, think I might have to hit it up. But might get lazy and just go to OCRC.

Hard to miss... the "Team America" FT FTW!