Little help with outfitting a AE FT kit >

Little help with outfitting a AE FT kit

Little help with outfitting a AE FT kit

Old 09-14-2010, 09:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mjgarw
Sure to be a stupid question...

What is a sensor port? Oh how things have changed since 1990 when I last built a car.
Some brushless motors are sensored, and run smoother at lower rpms than non sensored motors. Sensored motors use a sensor wire between the motor and esc. I am not sure what makes one better than the other though. I got back into rc last year after about 20 years, so I still have alot to learn as well, but I will say that things have improved tremedously. Brushless and lipo maintenance is so much simpler than old brushed motors, and nicd batteries.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Based on all the input here I think my best option is to go with a Traxxas Velineon system for a RC10T4.1

This way when my son is ready to upgrade his Slash to a brushless/lipo system I can move the Velineon to that and get myself something new when I know more about this stuff. But it sounds like this is a good starting place for my car and a good destination for an 8yr old just learning how to drive an RC car.

Thanks for all your help.