Community
Wiki Posts
Search

kYOSHO kanai 3 front universals pop out

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 01:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default kYOSHO kanai 3 front universals pop out

I have tried unsuccessfully to stop this but for reasons I can not explain, the front universal dog bone keeps popping out.

Everything is secure, and it happens on the track.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 06-20-2004, 10:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I had the same problem on my k3 but it was my rear universals, everytime the car would bottom out it would pop out, it drove me crazy, I called Atomic hobbies and they told me to buy a set of front universals and use them in the rear, ever since I did that problem solved. In my theory I think there is a problem in the diff cases. Because if you look close I bet one of your diff outdrives is sticking out farther than the other. You can try shimming it or I also heard people putting 2mm spacerson the shock shafts to limit the suspension travel. I think its pretty bad to pay all that money for a car and have problems like this. Kyosho should do something. But when you get that problem fixed the car is awsome.
Old 06-20-2004, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Kyosho will replace defective parts just email them. It is odd that the fronts would pop out. The only thing I can think of is the front and rear uni's are switched. The uni with the raised step on the dog bone part is for the front.
Old 06-20-2004, 07:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You have to limit uptravel warlock - use small pieces of fuel tubing on the shockshaft to stop the shock from compressing to the point that the universals pop out.

If it happens on the rear end, the solution is (like tony said) to buy the front universals (longer) for the rear also - but if it's the front uni's that are popping out, you just have to limit the uptravel.

hope this helps
udi
Old 06-22-2004, 08:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by tony montana
I had the same problem on my k3 but it was my rear universals, everytime the car would bottom out it would pop out, it drove me crazy, I called Atomic hobbies and they told me to buy a set of front universals and use them in the rear, ever since I did that problem solved. In my theory I think there is a problem in the diff cases. Because if you look close I bet one of your diff outdrives is sticking out farther than the other. You can try shimming it or I also heard people putting 2mm spacerson the shock shafts to limit the suspension travel. I think its pretty bad to pay all that money for a car and have problems like this. Kyosho should do something. But when you get that problem fixed the car is awsome.
I did that because I had that problems with the rear..which solved that problems...but now..and this just started recently
the fronts are doing the same things.

but is the travel caused by the chassis/suspension flexing...ah wait I see....I'll try it...thanks..now just to make sure I'm not creating a monster..does anyone have a pic of what this would look like...cuz it looks weird...
Old 06-22-2004, 02:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Call kyosho. It was a defect in the original kits, and they will send you the right universal...
Old 06-22-2004, 04:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

just try putting on the 2mm spacers on the shock shafts until you can call kyosho