Simple Green Safe on Plastic?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Simple Green Safe on Plastic?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 09:56 AM
Tech Adept

i use a compressor with a toothbush & wd-40 & it makes it like new.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:25 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I picked up some simple green and I plan to use it on my Academy tires.

Does anyone know if this stuff attacks the tire glue? Also, does it leave a clean dry surface as my glue didn't stick properly so I need to redue the tire.

Thanks.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

"I have a T3Team. I race with it in my back yard, I gets very dirty. I was wondering what to clean and how to clean it.

Use a paint brush or what ever brush will fit the area you are working on first to get the major dirt and grime out of the truck. When you want to really clean the truck you will need to remove the engine and electronics, then you can clean the truck with a basic household cleaner like Simple Green, 409, or an equivalent product. Be careful! These products have water in them so when you are done cleaning make sure you dry all the steel parts. You can even coat the steel parts with a light coat of WD40 or help prevent any rusting. Use a motor cleaning spray to clean your motor and just dust or blow off the electronic parts in
your truck."

That is from Team Associated's website. It's from their RC10T-T3 Q&A.
Old 06-23-2004, 11:14 AM
Tech Adept

I do not think Simple Green attacks CA (super) glue. About the only thing that works on CA is acetone.

As for a 'clean dry surface' ... it doesn't leave a residue if that is what you are wondering. Of course this depends on rinsing with plenty of water...and plenty of waters does not equal a 'dry' surface After a good rinse, I use an old towel to get most of the water and then let things air dry for an hour or two.

Originally posted by Cain
Does anyone know if this stuff attacks the tire glue? Also, does it leave a clean dry surface ... ?
Also, when washing wheels/tires. Be careful not to get water into the tire by way of the breather hole(s) in the rim. A wheel can become VERY unbalanced if a portion of the foam insert is soaked. I make sure to cover the breather holes with my finger when washing tires.

'nuff said,
MX4