Wiki Posts
Search

WHAT 10TH SCALE TIRES FIT THE SC8 RIMS CORRECT

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 11:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Post WHAT 10TH SCALE TIRES FIT THE SC8 RIMS CORRECT

I've done some searching and cant really find to much. I'm running SC8 wheels on my FT SC10. obviously the stock SC8 tires fit, most of the 10th
scales don't fit real good on the outer lip. There's to much webbing on the side wall. I'm running switches right now but I cant get them glued on right, they keep braking loose. Does anyone use this set up and what tires fit better?
Old 09-06-2010, 12:05 AM
Tech Regular

Ok, I have these tires right now, proline calipers have to much webbing on the out side. The JConcepts Subcultures fit pretty good using ofna 1/8 scale buggy foams, the only problem is there is not much support on the outer sidewall due to the step in the foam and the tire rounds instead of the tread sitting flat. (looks like a goose bump tire) Now I took out the foam from a proline caliper (blue) and it has a step only on one side and it fit perfect, but it rounds like a goose bump also. These are the only ones that I have that aren't mounted
Old 09-06-2010, 01:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

not sure about the stock rims but DE racing makes specific wheels for the sc8 that will fit any sc tire out there.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Neesh
not sure about the stock rims but DE racing makes specific wheels for the sc8 that will fit any sc tire out there.
I know, my freind is wating for some to show up, I just thought to run the SC8s because I have a SC8 and have the wheels and tires already. DE's are nice though.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

I use the SC8 wheels for my Slayer and I have mounted a few different proline tires to them and one set of akas. I had to the front of the wheel with no foam in the tire then put the foam in then tape it and glue them. the tread is actually more flat with these wheels than the 1/10 scales. I used proline close cell foams and aka foams.
I would maybe look to the hotbodies tires too. They are a little bigger than the other brands so might be easier to get mounted. I know a few people that were using the bigger proline v3 foams in those tires and it make them have a really nice contact patch.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:47 AM
Tech Regular

The problem lies in the outer bead, the normal 10th scale wheels have a flat groove that the tire glues to, the 8's have that groove but it also go's inword and the extra webbing makes the problem so that it cant go into the groove. The webbing is flush with the bead, so I'm looking for tires that dont have the webbing. I wonder if the rounded tire would help in turing. A flat tire would only catch the corners and the rounded would put down more patch, thoughts?
Old 09-10-2010, 05:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I bought these for my SC10 to use 1/8 buggy wheels. you can buy 1/8 scale w/mounted tires.

here the link:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...s-Complete-Kit

Here the link:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Buggy-Tires-2
Old 09-10-2010, 08:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

None of the 1/10 sct tires fit the SC8 rims well...
But, I've mounted Proline Bowties & Switches and AKA Enduros on mine.

Yes, the ribs get in the way, but the lock ring smushs everything down and they look & work just fine when done.